TGO Hunt Forum Screen Name

DaveS

I thought it would be kinda fun to share with everyone how we got our hunting forum screen name. I will start off.

My friends and family give me the nick name "WD-40" because everything I came across that was rusted, stuck, sqeeked (sp) or just needed a good shot of something besides Jack Daniels...I would tell them to get me some WD-40! Then they all started calling me WD! :)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bronker comes from a 1995 Ford Bronco that I bought. It was originally a Colorado Division of Wildlife vehicle that a supervisor drove. It was game-warden green, with vinyl seats and floormats. Loved it. Drove it hard til I bought another truck.

Anyway...my father-in-law, with his thick Tennessee accent, and down-home country drawl, couldn't say Bronco. When anything ended in "L" or "o", it would come out "-er".

So...

Gravel was 'graffer'

Diesel was 'deeser'

Bronco was 'bronker'

The night I joined TGO, he had called me to see if I was still going to work on the 'Bronker'.

It stuck.

So, a retired CWD Ford Bronco work truck name interpreted by a hillbilly accent is where my name was born.

And my father in law...he's top notch, so I'm not making fun at all.

Edited by Bronker

I have been "whiskey" on gun boards since the beginning days of GlockTalk. I was in the army at the time and being as my last name is Williams, "whiskey" was my informal radio call sign. As the internet grew and the popularity of forums such as this grew, I have had to adapt plain "whiskey" to "whiskey101" at times when "whiskey" was already taken.

Wow, I have been on internet gun forums for over 16 years. Still learning.

I read a lot and I mean a lot of books and mags on hunting so some of my friends told me I needed to teach a hunting class and I said what hunting 101. Thats how I got mine ha ha. Thing is I learn something new everyday about hunting so I guess my class works for me LOL!

Conrad is my real First Name. not very imaginative but with a name like that i guess i am kinda unique anyway. but if i kill any more hogs i think i will change it to "PIGMAN"

I started with nsnate02, which goes back to the dial-up days when they automatically combined parts of your first name and numbers to generate your e-mail address. I used it for awhile but it became weird when I'd run into TGO'ers in reali life and introduce myself as nsnate02. Made me feel like some uber computer geek about to trade Yu-Gi-Oh cards. I changed it to "Smith" because that's my last name and it's about as simple and generic as they come.

I am a very active Freemason and I live in Memphis. We just moved so I technically don't live in the city anymore, I work downtown Memphis and got to Lodge twice a week in Memphis. Within the Masonic Order I am a member of the York Rite, Scottish Rite, Knight of Saint Andrew, Scottish Rite Research Society, and TN Lodge of Research.

I came up with MemphisMason on a Masonic forum I use to participate in. I started a Masonic blog under this name and had people in public call me "Memphis Mason". Kinda of stuck, so now I am MemphisMason on every forum I belong to, except Glock Talk. I already had a screen name there when I came up with this one.

Guest GunTroll

I thought mine was derogatory for a time. I didn't know what "Troll" meant on the net till recently.

I came up with mine while attending gunsmith school in CO. I called a fat,short,dorky,overly gun knowledgeable,never been with a woman kind of guy a guntroll once when he was a dick to me when I was a newb to the school. At school guntroll is what my circle of friends called this/that sort of person after I "coined" the term at school. We all thought it was very funny at the time. I sort of have a dry sense of humor and now embrace the name. That being said, I don't think any of those adjectives describes me. Just seems to work for me since I work on guns for a living.

Guest Travtastik

Walking around Chicago with some freinds and we ended up walking past a lady of the night and a buddy said something and she turned around and said "hunny I am bootylicious." So I said "ah hell girl I'm Travtastic." My name is Travis but after that everyone started calling me Travtastic. When I got home I tried changing my xboxlive name but it would only take it with a k at the end.

Mine came from the fact that we had Sidewinder missiles on our F8 Crusaders, while aboard the aircraft carrier U.S.S. Oriskany CVA-34, during the three deployments I made to the Tonkin Gulf (Viet Nam). That was back in the mid 60s. I started using it as a CB handle, when the CB rage and "Smokey and the Bandit" was the popular happening of the day. Even bought a 1978 Pontiac Trans Am to haul that cool CB around in. I even put the CB in my little puddle jumper airplane, using the call sign... Sidewinder. I realize there is a Sidewinder snake, but that is not the source of the "screen name"... that potent, heat seeking, Sidewinder missile is. Just think... not snake, missile.

Db. Initials

99 year of my Jeep Grand Cherokee

WJ. Signifies Grand Cherokee

I don't have that Jeep anymore.

The first forum I was active on was a Jeep forum back around 2000-2001. It kinda stuck. I never dreamed that Internet forums would what they are today.

I would like to change it to db09jku and have on some places and have a gmail account using it. I have an 09 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JK U.

If I change it I probably should be more original and not so specific, like Jeepgunner or something. Hmm might do that. Problem with user names on gun or Jeep forums is that their are so many members of these 2 groups.