Scott DesJarlais don't need no stinkin' bullets

Has anyone else heard the ad put out by the Lincoln Davis campaign

slamming Scott DesJarials? In it Davis is portraying Scott as quite a troublemaker, having run ins with the law and even "firing a unloaded gun." I don't know much about either of these guys. They aren't in my district but if Scott has discoved a way to fire a gun without bullets I think he is the kind of genius we need in government. Maybe he can invent a way to run the gov. without taking any of our money.

Glenn

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else heard the ad put out by the Lincoln Davis campaign

slamming Scott DesJarials? In it Davis is portraying Scott as quite a troublemaker, having run ins with the law and even "firing a unloaded gun." I don't know much about either of these guys. They aren't in my district but if Scott has discoved a way to fire a gun without bullets I think he is the kind of genius we need in government. Maybe he can invent a way to run the gov. without taking any of our money.

Glenn

I LOL'd at this as well.

Dolomite

Well, we can't run on the issues so let's sling mud and hope it sticks. Maybe we need someone to go up there and throw a tantrum on some of them like they did in the old days. Anyone notice Ole Lincoln does not associate himself with a democrap? And is there no one editing their commercials before they air them?

I just noticed this today and was going to post. Y'all beat me to it. I couldn't vote for anyone who is either so stupid as to think you can fire an "unloaded" gun or who is so arrogant that he thinks I am stupid enough that I'll fall for it.

Please tell everyone who'll listen because it is intended to be subtle and have folks think he fired a gun outside his ex-wife's door. Vote this scalawag out.

Well, we can't run on the issues so let's sling mud and hope it sticks. Maybe we need someone to go up there and throw a tantrum on some of them like they did in the old days. Anyone notice Ole Lincoln does not associate himself with a democrap? And is there no one editing their commercials before they air them?

They sling mud because it works with a segment of the public and they will keep doing it. A good portion of the public are DOLTS and will swallow anything they see/hear on some TV commercial. That's why Haslam won the primary. I'm not in Scott DesJarial's district but if I was I would probably vote for him because what ever he's done in the past can't be worse than anyone who would side and vote with Nancy Pelosie.

Thing is, the ad may be quoting the court documents, which means some attorney out there believes a gun can be fired without ammo... :drama:

This said, IF any of the allegations mentioned in this are TRUE, I have a dilemma. One, vote for Cooper. Two, vote for a fellow who supposedly abused his ex-wife, went off the deep end over a woman (who the heck puts a gun, even unloaded, in their mouth) and then attempted not to pay much child support...

Things like this keep telling me there is a critical need for valid 3rd party, or multi-party system, as these two are supposedly the "best" candidates the Dem and Gop can buy...

Edited by HvyMtl
Thing is, the ad may be quoting the court documents, which means some attorney out there believes a gun can be fired without ammo... :drama:

That didn't happen

In that document, Susan DesJarlais accused her former husband of "dry firing a gun outside the Plaintiff's locked bedroom door, admission of suidical ideation, holding a gun in his mouth for three hours, an incident of physical intimidation at the hospital; and previous threatening behavoir... i.e. shoving, tripping, pushing down, etc."

Ahh. Ok. Ignorant commercial producer then.

Dry firing, yes, firing no...

IF this is TRUE, then the man is a wife abuser. I don't vote for abusers.

+1 Volzfan

All we know for sure is that none of these allegations were taken seriously enough to even warrant investigation. If he is really a wife-beater, his ex-wife (who apparently hates him), certainly didn't pursue it very hard. So it boils down to whether or not you believe everything said by a bitter ex-wife during divorce proceedings. As for the child support stuff, apparently he went to court after his income decreased and again after his child started spending more time with him to ask that his child-support be adjusted accordingly. Seems reasonable to me - if your kid is spending half the time with you, why should you still have to send 100% child support to your ex? I don't think there is even an accusation that he tried to get away with paying less than what the law requires. In his case, he probably paid 30-40k/year for the 1 child, which certainly seems like a decent amount of child support to me.

Disclaimer: I don't live in this district and had no interest whatsoever until I saw this commercial. I had to check it out because the claims seemed so outrageous. Lincoln Davis is lowlife scum, IMHO.

Ahh. Ok. Ignorant commercial producer then.

Dry firing, yes, firing no...

IF this is TRUE, then the man is a wife abuser. I don't vote for abusers.

+1 Volzfan

Yes, Divorce Court can be contentious. Yes, lies can be thrown at both sides during a divorce proceeding. The issue is, if half of this is true, I would not be able to vote for him, as if true, I would have voted in someone who acted inappropriately, at best.

Fortunately, I do not get to vote in this contest.

Is there proof he acted in this manner? IF so, I would not vote for him. IF proven false, I would.

I do live in Davis' district and have been fairly happy with him, 'til now. He seems to have his nose firmly planted in Pelosi's rear and that impacts my rights and wallet. I'd vote for Pee Wee Herman before I'd vote for Davis again. I'm not backing the other guy but once agian it looks like I'll have to hold my nose and vote against the incumbant, not for the challenger. I'm getting tired of this and wish decent candidates could be found, not the refuse both parties keep dragging up.