The Walking Dead.

Or that the spike strip the cops used should not have caused the cars tires to EXPLODE and make the car flip!

Or that the State Troopers that were right on the GTO's bumper managed to not hit the spike strip...

Here's hoping that tank has a full tank of fuel and a bunch of ammo. I know it won't, but that would be too cool. Zombie stompin' in an Abrams.

When that I happened I looked at my wife and said, "that's a glock". Her response, "no it's not he just flipped the safety".

At least she knows that glocks don't have manual safeties.

I had to rewind it a few times to lol.

Not only does he ride the slide all the way back, but his thumb sweeps up and you hear a distinctive CLICK. I wonder if the guy said: "Hey, there's no safety on this gun!" And the director replied: "You're an ACTOR right? Well...ACT like there's one!"

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk Pro

Or that the spike strip the cops used should not have caused the cars tires to EXPLODE and make the car flip! But hey, it's an action show right. Other than those 2 or 3 little things, the show was very, very good. I love Zombie movies/shows. This is about the best I have seen so far.

I will be DVR'ing it for the whole season.

Or the fact that the two cop cars that were directly behind the bad guy's car didn't suffer the same fate? Of course we nitpick because this is the stuff we love. Overall, I like it. I will definitely be following it closely.

Awesome!!! Friggin loved it. Too bad they didn't notice that Glocks don't have safetys. Noticed it immediately lol
He didn't flip the "safety" though he just pulled the slide to check for a round.
I had to rewind it a few times to lol.

Not only does he ride the slide all the way back, but his thumb sweeps up and you hear a distinctive CLICK. I wonder if the guy said: "Hey, there's no safety on this gun!" And the director replied: "You're an ACTOR right? Well...ACT like there's one!"

I noticed that too. I guess they had to add that safety click later.

Guest mikedwood

I liked it pretty well.

The spike strip must have been one of the newer ones that doesn't puncture police car tires (that's what I kept telling myself)

The one that got me was if he needed gas so badly why not try draining another cars tank?

All in all I'd certainly like to see where it's heading.

I initially thought it was an Abrams but the over head shots did not look like one to me. Looked like this M60 Patton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

but the shots with him closing the hatch looked like this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:M1_Abrams_turret_fire_above.jpg

the patton doesnt appear to have a mounted .50. Just a covered coaxial on the top.

Edited by Daniel
Guest Lester Weevils

I liked the pilot but of course any show will have inconsistencies.

One thing that seemed inconsistent-- Perhaps it is not inconsistent, dunno-- When the hero fires his revolver inside the tank, the loud sound seems to stun him and disorient him for a moment. Which is understandable. I've occasionally forgotten to put on muffs before firing at an open range, and it hurts.

But firing under the tank ought to be about as loud as firing inside the tank? Why didn't the sound stun him under the tank?

One thing that seemed inconsistent-- Perhaps it is not inconsistent, dunno-- When the hero fires his revolver inside the tank, the loud sound seems to stun him and disorient him for a moment. Which is understandable. I've occasionally forgotten to put on muffs before firing at an open range, and it hurts.

But firing under the tank ought to be about as loud as firing inside the tank? Why didn't the sound stun him under the tank?

I haven't seen this show. But imagine laying on the ground with zombies coming after you. You would have some perceptual distortions during a high stress shooting like that.

The under-the-tank-scene in downtown Atlanta was a classic argument against six-shooters!

Isn't he using a Taurus 608? And don't those have an eight shot cylinder? That's what was going thorugh my head. Then again, I couldn't really see very well since my Weimariner decided to start going bonkers while trying to watch so it could have been a S&W. I'll have to check it out again on DVR.

Edited by gnmwilliams
I initially thought it was an Abrams but the over head shots did not look like one to me. Looked like this M60 Patton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

but the shots with him closing the hatch looked like this.

File:M1 Abrams turret fire above.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the patton doesnt appear to have a mounted .50. Just a covered coaxial on the top.

Good catch. I guess I saw a tan tank and Hummers and instantly thought Abrams. I pulled the scene back up on TiVo and does appear to be the M60. the Wiki you linked to says the Patton has the lower escape hatch and the Abrams does not, so that's probably what was in the scene. In that case... zombie stompin in a Patton would be awesome.

Like others, I liked it. Like others, I wondered why there was a safety on what I thought was a Glock (although, not being a big fan of Glocks or similar pistols, I thought maybe it was not a Glock but some other make of which I was unaware - one that had a safety.) Like others, I wondered why he didn't syphon fuel from one of the many cars.

I did have a few, other nit-picky (and one not so nit-picky) moments, though:

One day he leaves the hospital, too weak to walk steadily yet a day or two later he is hale and hearty enough to jump onto a horse and ride while carrying what had to be close to 100 pounds (or more) in long guns on his back.

The biggest thing, though - the thing I don't consider nit-picky - is why the heck was he still alive in the first place? The zombies in this series are smart enough to open doors, etc. so why would they leave a pretty decent meal just lying helpless and alone in a coma? Of course, maybe whoever locked the zombies up got there before the zombies could get him (wouldn't make much sense, though, considering that the z's had obviously gotten other people all over the hospital). If that were the case, though, why would he have just been abandoned? If the folks fighting the zombies thought he was already dead, you would think he would have ended up with the other bodies outside with a bullet in his head.

The under-the-tank-scene in downtown Atlanta was a classic argument against six-shooters!

Heh, yeah, because if he had a semiauto under the tank with him then he could have reduced that hoard of several thousand zombies by as many as nine more. If it didn't jam from being fired from an odd position at kind of an odd angle, that is. :D

There was an undetermined amount of time from when he gets smacked with a shovel and when he comes to in the house. Maybe it was long enough to recover.

As for alone in the hospital, just remember to baricade your hospital room door from the outside with a rolling gurney. It seemed to work for this guy. :D

I just hope they keep going, cause if they stay close to the graphic novel, NO ONE is Safe. No one. Which BTW is one of the best graphic novels written, I Highly suggest getting them and reading them.

One word....pressure. I know of a highway patrolman that came across a man unconscious in his pick-up truck on the side of the road one morning. He noticed a .357 laying next to him on the seat. When revived, the man said that he had been trying to shoot something in a field from the inside of his truck but didn't remember anything after that. They concluded that the pressure from the shot knocked him unconscious since he only had one window rolled down. I would say that this is why the shot inside the tank affected him so badly and not under the tank. But you're right, it'd be pretty durn loud either way.

BTW, how long was he unconscious in the hospital? I need to go back and watch it again as I was falling asleep, but it seems when he got information from the other characters a Month had pasted? How did he survive a month in the hospital, wounded, unconscious for so long even if he wasn't attacked? Seems the body would not have lived that long or an infection would have setup.

I know I am probably reading 2 deep into this. I guess I just want a time frame for how long he was unconscious in the hospital.

Guest mosinon

It kind of lost me. I can suspend disbelief for a bit but where are the zombies getting the energy to crawl around for a week or two (or even longer). When he went back and blew away that zombie in the park it was kind of done for me.