What do you do?

VERO1

Guest Major Pain

22 years Conductor with railroad then became the guy you call when crap is foot deep in your basement/alias "CEO of the toilet hole". Had septic service business for almost 20 years. Health not great so retired and every day is Saturday. Pay your taxes and eat your vegetables I need my retirement and the man that bought my business needs your crap.--MP

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real Estate Agent here....yes I'm starving! Best year ever last year and this one is a ghost town...just took a pt job with a Chain Sporting Goods / Outdoor store....but....my resume' is updated and I'm on my knees....hopefully a more stable opportunity will present itself! PM me if anyone knows of anything..tks!

I supervise Carmen at CSX transportation.

No one knows what that is, so... I am a structural welder, Car inspector, Line of road repairman, car re-railer(when derailed), and generally take care of the rolling stock on CSX territories.

I am also working on going to med school.

Edited by Mike

up until the first of may, i was a project manager for a local architectural building materials firm. I read blueprints, estimated, sold, project managed, networked with field supt's and all the in's/out's of the life of a salesman. The company I worked for the last 10 years saw fit to delete my position thus putting me unemployed. Sometimes you just scratch your head....currently trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up, yet to decide. I am multi-talented as I have built room additions, performed major renovations, converted single family dwellings into multi-family dwellings, plumbing, electrical, electronic repair, framing, door hanging, hardware installer, painter, and the list goes on. Husband to same woman for 31 years, father of one, caretaker of older parents, and all around nice guy. Oh, and I love things that go bang & hate things that go bump....

Guest nitrous_mike
I was Industrial Maintenance (Plant Mechanic) at ALCOA till the layoff. Now I'm back to driving a concrete mixer.

I hope your job is more secure than my was.

None of it is now, I have not had but maybe 5 40hr checks in the past year :poop: .

Drove commercial trash for about 15 years then quit opened an indoor inflatable childrens place for a couple years. Drove me crazy sold that and now trying my hand at concrete landscape curbing. If you need any let me know!!!!!!

Guest Rick O'Shay
Design Engineer w/ mechanical engineering background at a foundry that produces water valves, repair clamps and other odds/ends for water infrastructure and fire suppression systems.

Design Engineer w/ mechanical engineering background at a heavy lift and transport company specializing in nuclear applications.

Guest TackleberryTom

CNC service technician, industrial robot programmer, industrial controls engineering, machine tool builder, machinist, weldor (not welder, I am not a machine), auto mechanic, dad, husband and all around nice guy...most of the time.

I fish alot in Mexico

I hunt alot in Canada,South Texas,Colorado,New Mexico

I make a living in construction management and may have a contractor thats looking for a 2 or 3 man crew that does commercial work.

WARNING - My contractors work until the job is complete a full day is 24 hrs.

What takes most companies a month to do mine does in a week.

The contractor in mind needs help in AL.,MS.,LA.,IL.