Recent gun purchase Guns and Leather Hendersonville

Guest toddshould

Guest toddshould

Well I would like to start by saying hello to everyone. This is only my second post but one I feel I have to make. I hope I am not doing the wrong thing by letting people know my experience but after long consideration I decide to post this.

I visited the new Guns and Leather in Hendersonville yesterday and after looking for a few minutes I came across a sale item in the case and started asking about the item. During this discussion another customer came up and ask about a 3% cash discount. When the customer walked away I ask the sale person if the 3% cash discount applied to the sale item. He stated it did. A friend which was with me was also interested in the item and ask what the out the door cash price would be and we were told an amount. (Friend was a off duty sworn deputy of the Sumner County Sheriffs Department).

My friend and I left and went to the bank to retrieve funds for the purchase. When we arrived back I asked again for the out the door price which was figured on the salesman cell phone and was quoted the same as before. I agreed and we started paper work. When we got to the register to pay and as the salesperson was just about to take my money he paused and said he needed to ask a question he would be right back. The next 15 to 20 minutes were very dramatic. It seems the salesperson made a deal that he was not authorized to make and the owners wife came out and instructed me that I only had two choices one was to give them 10 dollars for a background check and walk out the door with out the gun or pay the sticker price on the gun. After a few heated minutes of discussion another sales person came up and ask me to leave which I gladly would have done, but the owners wife again with a raised voice said that I would have to pay the ten dollars before I left. It was a very tense situation and it was only getting worse by the second. I stepped up and purchased the gun with out the cash discount but, have been very upset ever since, I am thinking I should have stood my ground and demanded the deal that was presented to me and my friend. I have 10 guns in my safe that were purchased in the last year alone from Guns an Leather. Needless to say I will never go back and would hope everyone that reads this will be careful when they do?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I would have walked out and left them holding the bag on the background check, after all they are the ones who changed the deal AFTER an agreement was made. Sorry if this offends but I operate my business on my word, nad have taken a hit a time or two in order to protect my rep.

Guest Plainsman

Just wanting to be clear before I comment further...So instead of paying the ten bucks for the background, you aided in making drama for 15-20 minutes then in the end you paid the sticker price for the gun? Would the ten bucks not have been cheaper?

Let me say that I'm sorry that you had this experience.

Second, the owners wife was at the Greenbrier store till about 3pm, which she left and dunno if she went home or up to H'ville.

I will make this right to you, but I need more details sent to me in a PM regarding who you delt with, and what exactly you purchased and what price you got it at in the end. We've had some... problems with the H'ville staff that we are still sorting out, one of which was cut today. I will make this right to you if you could let me know.

Let me say that I'm sorry that you had this experience.

Second, the owners wife was at the Greenbrier store till about 3pm, which she left and dunno if she went home or up to H'ville.

I will make this right to you, but I need more details sent to me in a PM regarding who you delt with, and what exactly you purchased and what price you got it at in the end. We've had some... problems with the H'ville staff that we are still sorting out, one of which was cut today. I will make this right to you if you could let me know.

Now see, this is the way to handle the situation. Kudos to you metalhead for offering to make this right.

Guest mcgyver210

WOW that story didn't look good for G-n-L & I know what I would have done & it wasn't go ahead & purchase. But Daniel offering to make it right was the correct response for good customer service & what the owners wife should have done IMO.

Guest Runnfree

I just don't understand how someone would do that? That could hurt business from his friends, family, and any other people he talks to. I agree with what Daniel is doing.

Guest toddshould

My receipt says 3:29 PM no arguing that. I have tried contacting above post...voice mail. I do not believe I stood there discussing the money or not wanting to pay. It was the principal behind the deal. The deal that was made between myself and the salesman.

As for the ten dollars I see it this way. If someone walk up and took ten dollars from your pocket would you try to talk about it or say thank you take that ten? Either way it was just a bad experience.

OK, so here's the info I have.

Toddshould comes in and inquires about different Glocks that we have and gets told that we have a 3% discount for cash purchases. Apparently he settled between two guns, a Glock that was on clearance for $450 new, and a LE Glock (nm he's not an LE, but his buddy was! Take that however you want). Either way, he settled on the clearance gun, and the staff member that checked them out had to inquire about discounting an already way discounted item - and was told by management there that clearance stuff was already at cost and doesnt take into consideration the 3% for cash discount on things. This made Todd raise five kinds of hell in the store first agianst the innocent employee that rang him up, then my own mother that was there (this was yesterday, not today). He called everyone a liar and made a big stink, at which point another employee of ours that used to work with Todd at Peterbuilt, interviened tried to calm him down, but it didnt work. A big stink was made over something simple, and the guy had to end up telling him either it was X price for the gun or leave.

That said, here is what I'm gonna do. If you want your 3% discount, I will honor it on your next purchase in double (6%) at our Greenbrier store - as I think you've burned all bridges possible at H'ville. Not that I'm very happy about you yelling at my mother in H'ville, but I'm trying to be the bigger person.

... and it's taking all that I am to be that.

Edited by Metalhead
Guest mcgyver210

Always two sides to any story.

Daniel one question you said he was told to take it at xx price or leave but he said he was told he had to pay $10.00 & no gun or pay sticker price?

Oh & if your side is more right than wrong in this you are doing more than I would.

Edited by mcgyver210
Five kinds of hell you say. Man, that must have been pretty bad. :eek:

Never heard that phrase before.

Well, you are certainly a better man than me.

Agreed.......this kind of post makes me want to drive to G&L just to make a purchase. With the cost of fuel, it would cost me more than a local vendor. However, i put a high value on customer service. Daniel (who i have never met) is going above and beyond anything i would expect. Kudos to him and his business

Always two sides to any story.

Daniel one question you said he was told to take it at xx price or leave but he said he was told he had to pay $10.00 & no gun or pay sticker price?

Oh & if your side is more right than wrong in this you are doing more than I would.

From what I understand he had already ran the background check on the gun before he was rang up, background checks as we all know cost the dealer $10 from TBI everytime they are ran irregardless. He was ready to leave in a fit and wouldnt pay his $10 apparently. Personally if it had been Greenbrier he would have been shown the door, as I would have been more than happy to eat the $10 bucks just to have him gone and not yelling like he was.

I've been in Guns and leather only one time; about a year ago. It was on a weekday; in the middle of the afternoon. They were so busy that I had trouble looking at anything, let alone getting a chance to talk to a salesman. I probably won't go back, but from the looks of it, they must be doing something right.