My RC K98

Guest hcso617

Guest hcso617

dot 1944 Mauser, picked up from Wideners here in TN. Very good Russian capture, German markings still intact, barrel, receiver, and furniture match. Bolt is a Russian mix master, electro-pencil is very light, importers mark is dot matrix and is unobtrusive. One of the best RC Mauser's I have ever looked at.

5280271695_e1d46f746c_z.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hcso617

Dave, if you look at the last picture, you will see what appears to be an X, it actually crossed rifles. This is how the Russians marked their captured rifles. They marked them in a few different places, or sometimes not at all. Some of the spots are the receiver between the factory code and the date, the wood just behind the receiver tang, the stock near the sling hole, and the recess on the stock where the bolt rests. Hope this helps.

Matt

Guest hcso617

I shot the Mauser today. I was using Romanian surplus from AIM. I put 40 rounds through it without any alibis. I was pleasantly surprised with the recoil, very manageable and actually slight as compared to the Mosin Nagant. I shot standing only at 70 yards using a paper plate target, put all rounds on the paper plate with the best groups around 2 inches. I am very impressed.

Happy New Year,

Matt

Guest coldblackwind
I shot the Mauser today. I was using Romanian surplus from AIM. I put 40 rounds through it without any alibis. I was pleasantly surprised with the recoil, very manageable and actually slight as compared to the Mosin Nagant. I shot standing only at 70 yards using a paper plate target, put all rounds on the paper plate with the best groups around 2 inches. I am very impressed.

Happy New Year,

Matt

I agree, I like the recoil on the mauser better than the mosins I have. More pleasant to shoot. That's a nice one you got there for sure! I have a 24/47 mauser, and a nazi marked K98 personally, great guns. One day I'll actually remember to get out and try out the k98...

• 2 weeks later...