Facing the door...

titan14

trying not to derail the Restaurant thread any more....

How many of you guys sit facing the door?...anywhere...out to eat...at home...at a friends house...etc.

Anyone that knows me, even a little, knows that I never sit with my back to the door...

I have been like this since i can remember...before I carried a gun...before I even knew why....

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se

My dad is that way. Always like a seat near the back of the room facing the door. I myself dont worry about it as much. I tend to sit whichever way puts my G27 towards the inside of the booth.

I like facing the door but not for that reason.

There's only so many things you can look at and I'd rather face the front door then a wall or the restrooms.

Course, in nicer places it doesn't matter which way you sit because you're not going to be able to see the front doors anyway(or the restrooms!) :)

Edited by strickj

When I eat out, if I'm in a restaurant where I can face the door and have my back to a wall that's always my first choice. Of course, as someone mentioned, in many "nicer' restaurants the doors are simply too far away for that to be possible.

That said, I would suggest that simply being aware of your surroundings is probably as if not more important than you seating position! I'm pretty much talking to myself here because I know that 95% of time, if I'm eating out and lone, I've got my mind burred in a book!

I always take the "Cop seat".

Yup, I got in the habit when I was a cop. Always tried to pick the booth that backed up to the wall and faced the door. Even now, my wife knows to give the seat facing the door, or when she's unsure she will ask me which I want. If I don't get that seat, I spend half of the meal looking over my shoulder out of habit.

Yup, I got in the habit when I was a cop. Always tried to pick the booth that backed up to the wall and faced the door. Even now, my wife knows to give the seat facing the door, or when she's unsure she will ask me which I want. If I don't get that seat, I spend half of the meal looking over my shoulder out of habit.

Never been a cop...but...this is exactly what i do as well.

I tend to be uncomfortable, if i dont get the "right " seat...

We don't go out in the evening except when traveling to reenactments sometimes; so that reduces a lot of risk. However, I won't be seated in a place where I can't see the door or place myself near a wall with no one behind me. corner booth is fine either side will do. I carry mostly right side but am pretty much ambidextrous. I like to carry a Simply Rugged pancake cross draw back up on the left that can slide around to a belly gun while seated. My paranoia comes from the honky tonks of my youth and the water front bars of south east Asia.

I sit where I can observe the entrance also, I also for some reason look for alternative exits wether it be a real exit, window(yeah im a weirdo) or backdoor...they don't really effect where I sit as much as facing what we call out...I sit facing out, my Wife sits facing in. on a side note: our bed is in the corner and I like to sleep out...there I don't have to crawl out of the bed but can get up quickly.

Usually sit with a clear view to the door if not facing. Sleeping, my head must face toward the door. Wife rearranged our bedroom years ago and I spent a week trying to sleep with the bed facing away from the door. I rerearranged while she was at work! I think she has finally learned now.

I'm probably overly picky, but I have a long list of things I do/don't do. Face the door, sit on the outside, half car space at stop lights with clear exit unless completely impossible, won't use a drive up ATM where I can be boxed in, etc.

I do all this as well. I also have a heavy duty steel bumper on my truck so I could force my way through traffic if I needed to. And with my lift and tires I can hop curbs with ease.

To many Americans have this problem. I think it leads to sheepism

Sheepism

The act of being a mindless sheep, following the herd.

If you don't think for yourself, you are giving into Sheepism.

Are you being serious with this?

No, just trying to make a joke, guess it didn't go over as well as I had thought. Well not the way I posted it anyways. However allot of people, not here have sheepism.

Been wanting to work sheepism into a post for a few days, I dropped this one and went to a movie.