Ruger announces the LC9 (LC 9mm) single stack pocket gun

kb4ns

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

As found elsewhere on the Internet, Ruger is apparently introducing a single stack 9mm sized like the PPS, PF9, and PM9. At least the sights on this model appear to be usable, unlike the utterly worthless sights on the LCP.

RugerLC9.jpg

At least the sights on this model appear to be usable, unlike the utterly worthless sights on the LCP.

Looks like, down the road, there might even be the option of adding night sights or other aftermarket sights.

• Administrator
Oh I know, but I always wanted to ding David on a duplicate post. LOL.

Whenever this happens, I end up punishing a moderator for not saving me from myself. For some reason Strick always volunteers. I think he just likes the rough stuff.

According to their email, it'll start shipping Feb 1st. I've got the feeling there'll be a wait just like there was for the LCP.

Whenever this happens, I end up executing a moderator for not saving me from myself

I'll miss you, Bronker! ;)

• Administrator
.7" longer, .5" taller than Kahr PM9, but holds an extra round. Weight 'bout same.

- OS

The PM9 is about as tall as I'd want in a gun that can be carried in the pocket. It's already pushing the envelope in the front pockets of 5.11 cargo pants.

The PM9 is about as tall as I'd want in a gun that can be carried in the pocket. It's already pushing the envelope in the front pockets of 5.11 cargo pants.

Yep, agree. I'll bet they really really wanted that extra round in there as a selling point, though.

Price point so much lower than Kahr of course they are going to sell a bazillion of them.

- OS

It sure seems quite close to the SR9c... 1" shorter overall, 0.5" shorter barrel, a slightly narrower grip, -3 capacity. I guess I'm curious to see if that small reduction in size really turns it into a "pocket pistol". Otherwise, hard to see that there's market for both this and the SR9c.

It's MSRP is half of the PM9. Hell, for that same price you could almost get a used PM9.

With that, I think I'd nix that one extra round and opt for the smaller size :)

Hear ya ... but there's couple of other factors, too. One is the known issue of a certain number of PM guns being problematic from the factory over the years; this combined with the top dollar price has long been a negative.

Also, warranty: Kahr went to five year a couple of years ago, while Ruger will fix your heater forever; a factor with used guns especially.

Point being, that if Ruger can crank these out with no higher problem rate than Kahr, or no higher than the LCP, the price point and lifetime warranty are big selling points to the mainstream.

- OS

Hear ya ... but there's couple of other factors, too. One is the known issue of a certain number of PM guns being problematic from the factory over the years; this combined with the top dollar price has long been a negative.

Also, warranty: Kahr went to five year a couple of years ago, while Ruger will fix your heater forever; a factor with used guns especially.

Point being, that if Ruger can crank these out with no higher problem rate than Kahr, or no higher than the LCP, the price point and lifetime warranty are big selling points to the mainstream.

- OS

Yup.. I see these things selling like hot cakes once released.

Can't wait to see the actual selling price (and the over inflated GB price until hype ends:rolleyes: )

oddly enough how much like the Keltec PF-9 it looks.......take down pin, grip, single stack mag.......wonder if it burns like a mutha when you fire it like the PF9?

Really? Just looks like an LCP to me :)