Senator Bob Corker

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn’t appear he wants you to contact him from anywhere but here….

Contact Me - Contact Information - United States Senator Bob Corker, Tennessee

Oops… slow on the draw on that one. :D

Well, I can sort of understand that...if I'm a public figure, not sure I would value opinion of anyone who's unwilling to leave real contact info. Yeah, can be faked, I know, but at least the email part can't be, if one actually wants a response, however canned it might be.

Probably weeds out a huge volume of general raving, not to mention spam and bot crap.

- OS

Well, I can sort of understand that...if I'm a public figure, not sure I would value opinion of anyone who's unwilling to leave real contact info. Yeah, can be faked, I know, but at least the email part can't be, if one actually wants a response, however canned it might be.

Probably weeds out a huge volume of general raving, not to mention spam and bot crap.

- OS

You are probably right. I just found it curious that a politician wouldn’t give out an email.

But then if I wanted to make a point I would write a letter, sign it, put it in an envelope and mail it. I may be old school but I think that has a better opportunity of getting some attention.

Guest Lester Weevils

I have sent email to all our congresscritters on numerous occasions. Any email you send thru the .gov pages, they almost always send a response email (usually canned stuff probably written by a low-level staffer or intern).

Anyway, I could be wrong but I think the reply emails are "two way" connections so you can save that reply email address and use that to send to them in the future, rather than using the web page. Unless they have changed the way it works lately.

Many or possibly most of the congresscritters are not especially interested in email from non-constituents. So if you send Barney Frank a suggestion, his staff may ignore any TN hillbilly's ideas and possibly not even bother to send a canned acknowledgment. They want to coddle their own voters but it doesn't matter what some idiot from another part of the nation thinks.

Similarly, it would be surprising if Corker's staff would pay much attention to emails from MA citizens. As if they pay more than the tiniest attention to mail from their own constituents. The reply emails are so generic, likely selected by a low-level staffer who has to as quickly select auto replies to a zillion voters. Sometimes it is laughable how inappropriate the replies are, compared to the original voter mail.

Perhaps in some cases the reply texts are even auto-selected via computer automation, no intern required. It has always been absurd. In past years I've sent snail-mail to Fred Thompson ANTI some issue X, and received snail-mail replies from Fred's office thanking me for being PRO issue X. Grrr.

One time I wrote Thompson an anti-campaign-reform-bill letter and mentioned NRA, and maybe he actually dictated something to me, or got so many sacks of NRA mail that he was peed about lowly citizens telling the great man what to do. His reply was real snippy basically telling me something like "all you NRA types" should quit worrying because campaign finance reform was gonna be great and there was no possible way it could be bad for the nation.

Edited by Lester Weevils

Yep, senator@corker.senate.gov is the address I have been using but after voting with Obama on the START treaty along with several other Republicans like Collins and Snow of Main against the wishes of the people of Tennessee and the of the United States, disregarding the advise of former military leaders and former United States Ambassador to the UN (John Bolton), he has probably gone underground.

Just another politician sent to represent the people of Tennessee who decides to just wing it on his own for personal gains.