s&w 45 acp snub nose revolver

Guest TUNER260

Guest TUNER260

I was looking at one of these at guns and leather today and wanted to know if anyone could tell me there opinion on the gun. I wanted to keep my calibers in 9mm and 45 ascp looking for some good revolver options.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Law of Thirds

Either that or a stock of 45 Autorim.

Honestly, you can really get more out of the .45 ACP round in a revolver than in a semi-auto. There's 240-250 weight rounds and shapes that will never feed in a semi-auto available for the revolver.

Guest Scramasax

I have one in scandium. Use good shooting gloves and rubber grips. It is a good carry gun. Remember the heavier the projectile, the more recoil. It is the only gun I own that hurts when fired.

Cheers,

ts

Moon clips are pretty much required in a .45 acp revolver. :D

I disagree. There are moon, half moon clips, and 45 Autorim cartridges. They aren't required to fire 45 ACP ammo in the revolver. The case headspaces on the mouth. They do aid in extraction in a double action, and can't be used at all in a single action revlover. Half moons carry better, but full moons are the fastest way I'm aware of to reload a double action revolver.

I disagree. There are moon, half moon clips, and 45 Autorim cartridges. They aren't required to fire 45 ACP ammo in the revolver. The case headspaces on the mouth. They do aid in extraction in a double action, and can't be used at all in a single action revlover. Half moons carry better, but full moons are the fastest way I'm aware of to reload a double action revolver.

I understand that. That's why I said "pretty much required". 45 Auto Rim is not exactly common and ejecting shells all 6 at a time is rather convenient.

The only thing I see S&W offering right now in a “Snub†is the Model 325 night guard. And in my opinion an “N†frame is too big for carry. You probably won’t carry it much.

I know you wanted to stick with those two rounds, but I would go with a .357Mag for a revolver. It opens up a whole bunch of very good possibilities.

Wow! My experience with a .45acp snubbie was with a 625 3" barrel. Too heavy for cancelled carry. Now I see that they offer it in Scandium. Now your getting toward a good weight to carry. The 625, at 42oz, would drag your pants off with the wrong belt holster combo. The Scandium at 28.5oz is a lot better!. The price tag kills it though. MSRP is over a $1000. Not worth it in my opinion. Not big on lasers and such either. Not worth a hoot if you battery goes down. Why not follow the KISS principle here?

Here's mine 325pd. Actually I've yet to fire it. I bought it on a whim I'm a 45 freak also have several compacts. Its light very light but kinda grows in size when you put it on your hip. I tend to agree with Davetn A S&W 640 is usually my choice out the door but do love all my 45's BTW When I do get around to shooting it I have some nice soft hogues to start off with instead of the wood ahrends

guns023.jpg

Edited by laktrash
Here's mine 325pd. Actually I've yet to fire it. I bought it on a whim I'm a 45 freak also have several compacts. Its light very light but kinda grows in size when you put it on your hip. I tend to agree with Davetn A S&W 640 is usually my choice out the door but do love all my 45's BTW When I do get around to shooting it I have some nice soft hogues to start off with instead of the wood ahrends

guns023.jpg

I would definitely put on the hogues first...but that's just me. I have a 625 and like it a lot. Yes its big and heavy, but fun. And really not a carry piece. Just a fun range toy or an outdoor gun in a backpack or thigh holster. Oh... the325PD...beautiful little killer handful. I put a cyclinder full thru one once. That was enough for me.