PS3 for $39

Parrothead

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazon will either honor the transaction or say that they cant, no way in hell they charge us $39 for a remote. No need to be a DB

agreed...worst case (which i dont think will happen) we take our "expensive remote" to target and get a full refund. If you cant afford to gamble $45 then dont purchase. I've lost that much money on much dumber **** in the past.

Well I plan to fight it until I lose interest and get my money back. I was in Best Buy a few years ago and Picked up a computer program Nero 7 and the sticker and tag on the shelf all said $99.99, it rang up $9.99. The cashier said it was weird and we rolled with it. My parents have gotten some pictures from Pier 1 for a misplaced period, they fought it and got a couple hundred in art for around a hundred. I could care less if this pans out, I've got a Wii that just sits there, had an XBox and passed that off to some friends, PS2 back in the day and left that with some roommates I had, but if it does yay for all of us who jumped on it.

Before Christmas, I bought a boxed set of Rambo DVDs for twenty something dollars, when everyone else was wanting $145 and up. You can find deals on Amazon if your lucky or have a lot of spare time. In my opinion, we'll get a console. I don't know if we'll ever find out what happened or not. Clearing a warehouse? Pricing error? I dunno.

Here is part of a chat I had with Amazon customer service:

"Ramavath: Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalog may be mispriced. If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. We are investigating the price and if it was found to be in error we will take appropriate action but not promise what action will be taken as it will be determined by the investigation. I'll follow up for you and write back in 1-2 days."

He did confirm that the problem is that they listed the console rather than a controller, but would not say what action would be taken by Amazon.

Guest tnxdshooter
Dont know how long it will last. They might try to change the price later on but right now it looks like a really expensive typo for target ;)

Amazon.com: PlayStation 3: Video Games

Talked to a buddy of mine that has every system from atari to play station 3 and xbox 360, and wii, and he said basically this is one without a hard drive.

Guest tnxdshooter
It's says 60 gb in the description.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

hmmmm interesting let em go back and check it again cuz I didnt see where it said that anywhere.

Dear Amazon Customer,

We are contacting you regarding your order # from the Target store at Amazon.com. We recently became aware of mismatched price and product information which resulted in the discontinued Sony PS3 Hardware System and the PlayStation 3 Move Advanced Shooter Grip being displayed incorrectly.

We are sorry, but we are unable to offer you either of these items at this time and have canceled your order. Your credit card was not charged.

We sincerely regret this inconvenience.

For more details on our pricing and cancellation policy please see Target.com:

Pricing Policy : Pricing + Tax Information : Ordering + Shipping : Help : Target

Sincerely,

Amazon Customer Service

Amazon.com

http://www.Amazon.com

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this

message. If you have further questions, please visit our online Help department

My dreams are ruined.

well s*it....i havent got my email yet. I'm gonna give them a hard time about it....if you find a mis-priced item in the store they honor the lower price. Why should cyberspace be any different

Naa. A brick and motor will only honor a price within reason. And that's even iffy in many cases.

~350 dollars is not within reason.

Tough break guys. Just chalk it up and move on...