What is your gun buying plan for 2008?

Guest m4coyote

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My plans change right up to the time I make the puchase, lol. Can't make up my mind.

I think the next will be a 1873 Nickel plated, single action, 4.75 in. bbl in .357mag/.38special.

Probably going to move the SP101 to help finance this. So if anyone is interested...

Just waiting on Phantom's FFL to come through, so until then there is no telling what I will decide on. And of course I would like another cap and ball revolver.

I'm torn between an XD or Sig, chrome with pink grips most likely.

Saw this the other day at the range.

53830.gif

Charter Arms Model:53830Finish:2-Tone: Pink & Stainless Frame:7075 Aluminum Grip:StandardBarrel length:2"Capacity:5-shotCaliber:.38 Special +P Hammer:StandardWeight:12 oz. Sugg Retail: $399.00

Guest HexHead

Wow, it's only February and and I've already pretty much worked my list. Swapped out a couple of pistols to get a nice full size 1911, picked up a couple of AR lowers and completed the trifecta today picking up a SIG 556.

Bonus points for stopping in to meed "the Rabbi" today. :)

My plans change right up to the time I make the puchase, lol. Can't make up my mind.

I think the next will be a 1873 Nickel plated, single action, 4.75 in. bbl in .357mag/.38special.

Probably going to move the SP101 to help finance this. So if anyone is interested...

Just waiting on Phantom's FFL to come through, so until then there is no telling what I will decide on. And of course I would like another cap and ball revolver.

Me too. :)

I've got several particular weapons I want, as well as a lower for my stg58 parts kit. My list keeps evolving as I buy more firearms.

I'm trying to keep it down to 4 different calibers though.

.22 .45 9mm and .308

I may end up with some older weaponry in different calibers though.

I just bought a bunch of reloading gear from Mars so I'll be able to set up a rifle round reloading station as well as a pistol round reloading station...and if I get back to Phoenix, Dillon's manufacturing plant is there...I may come back with a progressive press..:P

I've already set aside the money for a DPMS Panther. I'll be getting that when I get home in late March or early April.

Im trying to stay off gunbroker.com....that should save me quite a bit lol. I have a Saiga 12 on order (april-ish), a beretta 92 on the way, and a "normal" saiga AK all but won online. Looks like im picking up a XD9 also....all that will leave me to get is a .308 of some sort...then it will be time to stock up on ammo, mags, and accessories.

Guest BigBoostDSM

Already working on getting an AR put together (LPK and buffer stuff came today, lower next week from ETS).

A 10/22 with a nice scope, barrel, bipod, stock, and internals

A P22 for the g/f

A G19 and G20

Stock up on Mags and ammo for all of them, then get some range time and classes in. Doubt all of the gun buys will happen this year. AR and 10/22 for sure though.

Guest someguy12341

LWRC SRT in 6.8SPC (Piston AR)

LWRC SRT 10.5-inch in 5.56

LWRC SABR in .308

Custom Tactical 10/22

Suppressors and lots of mags & ammo for all of the above

Just bought my Remington 700 R5 .308...

Optics for all of the above, but that can wait - optics aren't as likely to be banned...

And, if the stars align, a transferrable class 3 AR lower.

Guest HexHead
I bought an ACOG just because it was a deal lol. Now I need a rifle to go with it. There are rumors about ACOGS drying up but those are probably started by the people selling them lol.

Probably the last few months since the Marines decided to equip all their M-16s with them.

Guest CJRogue

Do SAIGAs take AK mags?

2008 plan: mags, lots of hi-cap mags

Mrs. Rogue bought an M-9

I found a pistol grip 500, a newer Mini-30, and a 30/30 lever last couple of weeks.

Still need an AR, an SKS, and I have my eye on one of those cheesy Century Mac-10 lookalikes.

Guest MinorKey
I'm trying to keep it down to 4 different calibers though.

.22 .45 9mm and .308

What a great idea! :eek: I am trying to pick up a good .308 rifle with quality scope. A good SA or Kimber 1911. Maybe a Poly 9mm of some sort for the wife. (Although my USMC wife will latch onto that 1911 and likely want an AR that closely resembles the M16) Then i would have to add .223 to the mix. Can't argue with her though!!:)

I so want the other version of your Avatar, Commando TAVOR. Id sell my testicles for that beauty.

wish list 2008

M.S.A.R. STG 556 in coyote brown

TAVOR Commando... im dreamin' unless there was a way. ANYWAY

AK 74 KRINKOV(clone ok) in 5.56 or .223

MASADA/Bushmaster rifle in 5.56:drool:

Guest DonRickles
Do SAIGAs take AK mags?

2008 plan: mags, lots of hi-cap mags

Mrs. Rogue bought an M-9

I found a pistol grip 500, a newer Mini-30, and a 30/30 lever last couple of weeks.

Still need an AR, an SKS, and I have my eye on one of those cheesy Century Mac-10 lookalikes.

I believe you also have to install a bullet guide(feed ramp) for the Saiga to reliably feed with an AK mag. Install is pretty simple.

http://www.dinzagarms.com/saiga_762x39/x39rtk.html

I would like a good .308 semi-auto, either an M1A(socom) or one in an AR platform. Another 1911 and ammo, ammo, ammo.

I had also thought about adding quite a few cheapo's, like I don't have enough already to my collection. Guns bought from private sale minus paperwork. SKS's, some bolt actions, cheap pumps or single shots, cheap second hand revolvers like Rossies and Taurus's of whatever caliber and plenty of ammo for each. Guns that will shoot.

Reason being, if the economy tanked, you would have a valuble commidity. Maybe that niave liberal neighbor might realize he/she should have gotten a firearm while they could since crime would have doubled or tripled. You can really trade for some good stuff they have. And if your neighbor is a hot looking lady you might just want to help her out. :eek:

I wouldn't expect the cost of metals to go down, and surplus only gets more and more scarce as it is bought up and used. It'd be a good idea to buy as much as you'd like to have in the event that you'd need it to survive for awhile, and just rotate it out as you buy more and shoot some. We'll always buy ammo, whether it goes up or down in price.

Guest MinorKey
I so want the other version of your Avatar, Commando TAVOR. Id sell my testicles for that beauty.

wish list 2008

M.S.A.R. STG 556 in coyote brown

TAVOR Commando... im dreamin' unless there was a way. ANYWAY

AK 74 KRINKOV(clone ok) in 5.56 or .223

MASADA/Bushmaster rifle in 5.56:drool:

If I could get a TAR-21 platform in ANY style I would possibly stick to that ONLY. It is BAD A** but so new and not shipping to US. I think it has shipped to CAN in small quantities. I have heard that Tzahal is all giddy with excitement now that they are Phasing out the M16's and i saw a nice video of a guy make a head shot from 300m standing on the first try using it on the range. (he was good but it was not his and it was stock)

I am a bit too fond of my testicles though...

I just picked up a nice Savage 11 .308 with a simmons scope and will proceed to try driving some tacks soon! :shrug: (Check!)

Edited by MinorKey