Smith and Wesson gets into the .410 game

Jasongar8

Smith and Wesson announced at the SHOT Show media day that they will be build a .410 revolver. It will be called the Smith and Wesson Governor. It will be chambered in .410, .45LC, and .45ACP using moon clips. The frame will be made out of ultra-light scandium that Smith currently uses on the 340 series of J-frame revolvers. Look out Judge, here comes the Governor.

SW410.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How ironic that after all of these years of Taurus copying S&W revolver designs, the trend is reversed. All I can say is that S&W had better be prepared to compete on price, because I don't see anything about this revolver that makes it any better than the Taurus one.

I’m a Smith & Wesson fan, but what a waste of engineering.

Hey Smith & Wesson…. How about giving us something new we can use…. Like a micro .40S&W.

:lol:

+1

Smith and Wesson announced at the SHOT Show media day that they will be build a .410 revolver. It will be called the Smith and Wesson Governor. It will be chambered in .410, .45LC, and .45ACP using moon clips. The frame will be made out of ultra-light scandium that Smith currently uses on the 340 series of J-frame revolvers. Look out Judge, here comes the Governor.

SW410.jpg

Did you get to go to the Shot Show? I wonder if they debuted the KSG there...

Surely they could have at least made a better name for it -- the governer even sounds like a copy/rip-off.

+1; With that stupid name I thought this thread might be a joke at first. It's like they picked the name that would most point out that it's a rip-off. An innovative product would be a polymer-framed 9mm/.380 revolver. Charter supposedly has a design for one that will work without moon clips. I'd love to see S&W or Ruger license their design, since they can't seem to get it to market.

Guest Aces&8s

Well, that does it... I can honestly say that I never thought the .410 / .45 revolver would last, but obviously I was dead wrong. If S&W is jumping on the bandwagon, there must be something to it, although I still cannot see the utility.

Did you get to go to the Shot Show? I wonder if they debuted the KSG there...

No not this year. Classes started back this week and couldn't get away. But I hope to go next year.

The KSG was there. I just hope Kel Tec does a better job of getting them to consumers than they have with RFB and the PMR30.

How ironic that after all of these years of Taurus copying S&W revolver designs, the trend is reversed. All I can say is that S&W had better be prepared to compete on price, because I don't see anything about this revolver that makes it any better than the Taurus one.

gun mfgs sure copy each other allot.......^^^agreed!

Guest 73challenger

Has anyone seen Taurus's new 28 gauge judge? Not that I would want one. I think it only fires 28 gauge so I don't know how it isn't a AOW.

Stupid design in my opinion. I'd rather see them shorten the cylinder and frame up and make it a .45acp/.45 LC than this monstrosity. That'd at least be a decent carry piece then. What would then be better is put a 4" barrel on it and then it'd be a really decent kit gun.

Stupid design in my opinion. I'd rather see them shorten the cylinder and frame up and make it a .45acp/.45 LC than this monstrosity. That'd at least be a decent carry piece then. What would then be better is put a 4" barrel on it and then it'd be a really decent kit gun.

Done..... S&W Model 625.

• 4 months later...