got my P 95 last week!

shoota40

Hey ! guys picked up my ruger p95 9mm last wk come w 2-15 shot clips. i know this is a low end priced gun 300+ but i really like this gun. just a couple 100 rnds in but so far this is a great shootin gun. no fail to feed or fail to fires. this gun is a pleasure to shoot , does have muzzle jump but not really recoil. very comfortable to shoot , i guess thats why it shot well i guess that and very good trigger. especially compared to striker models. yea im a hammer guy lol!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a used P-85 cheap, and its amazing. I had low expectations, was looking for a beater to try out 3-gun, but it turned out to be awesome. If the 95 is the same (they look the same), you will really enjoy this gun. Price does not matter, plenty of pricy guns are unreliable, all that matters is workmanship and the one I got has plenty of that.

I have two P95s. One was a gift (a 'wedding present' from my grandfather-in-law) and the other I got because I was so impressed with the first but didn't want to carry it because of it having been a gift. The former is an older, decocker only model while the latter is a newer model (with the small rail) and is a decocker/safety model but I only really use the safety as a decocker.

As others have said, my experience with them indicates that they are uber-reliable. I have also found that the one I got to carry actually carries pretty easily in a leather belt-slide holster that holds them kind of high on the beltline with just an unbuttoned, untucked shirt as cover garment as long as the weather is cool enough to wear a cover shirt that is made of material that is thick enough - I usually use a denim shirt. It wouldn't be the easiest thing to carry in t-shirt and shorts weather, though.

The one on the left is the older one and the one on the right is the newer one that I carry, sometimes:

Pistols-FaceOff001.jpg

I bought a Taurus 1911AR 1/21, love it and it runs perfect BTW, and I've really been going thru the .45acp since I bought it, little over 800 rnds now. Went into LGS to get more ammo. Been thinking I needed to add 9mm to the stable due to ammo costs. Last Friday (2/4) I went in and he had a P95 for $279! Well, I'm not stupid so I bought it. Ran 220 rnds thru it the next day and it ran perfect too.

For what it's worth I ran 100 rnds of American Eagle and 120 rnds of WWB and they fed and ejected fine. I bought a Kel-Tec P11 back in 2000 and we didn't get along. I sold the gun and the remainder of the WWB I had left when I bought the Kel-Tec, I let go with the gun. Friday night I was going thru my safe and found 20 rnds of that almost 11 yr old WWB and it shot it fine too. I noticed the projectile in the 11 yr old WWB was slightly different than the new I bought. The Kel-Tec would NOT shoot that ammo. The P95 ran all of it fine. I love the gun.

Brad

Any ruger is a great gun, you can read all over the internet and find how good they are. Revolvers, semi's, whatever. you made a good choice and it is good that they can make a dependable gun that people can afford. I have a 30 year old security six .357 revolver and its tough as a tank. The 300.00 + price is only a good thing, just means ruger is reasonable.

I have two P95's. One is the standard DA/SA and one is the DAO version. I have over 2000 rounds through the DAO version without a single thought of a malfunction. P95's are way UNDERATED because of their cost. I would use my DAO version anytime, anyplace!

Edited by 323ssplt
  • 1 month later...