Anyone heard of European America Armory guns?

Guest TargetShooter84

Guest TargetShooter84

Been reading good reviews on them but wanted your insights on this.

To get or not to get and why?

Heres the link to entire line of EAA At Buds.

European American Armory EAA Handguns

I really like the two toned 9mm 18+1 gun but leery since no ones heard about this but it has 3 good reviews though.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had an EAA Witness in 45 some years back. Steel frame, 5" barrel. Heavy, but solid and accurate. This was one of the early Witness models, quite a bit cheaper in price than todays' line. I understand they make a ful line of guns of high quality for everything from range toys to some really high-end competition guns. Haven't had any personal experience with these later models. Surely someone here knows more about them than I do. Oh, BTW, I sold mine because I got a chance to buy a Colt Anaconda, not because of any problem with it.

Guest TargetShooter84

That's good to hear you had some positive experience with EAA.

Lets see if there's more people here that has good experiences or bad ones.

Would like to get a full size for a range gun tho.

The only issue I know of with the Witness would be the large frame model (the only frame imported) does not work well with 9MM because the spacers in the magazines. I know Henning has been working on this by having the magazines redesigned. If you want more information on the Witness, do a search for Tanfoglio, since the EAA's are basically Tanfoglios. I do know they are extremly popular in Europe and they are designed as a lower-priced CZ.

Mac

I recently bought a RIA MAPP1 in 9mm which is a Tanfoglio in RIA clothing.Its the same as a EAA Witness P.My first range trip with the pistol left me wondering why I had not tried one of these a long time ago.Great single action trigger pull and very easy to shoot.The one I purchased was at a local pawn shop and had sat there for quite awhile,its new in box but for some reason it just never sold.The dealer stopped me before I walked out asnd pulled a Bob Barker(lets make a deal)So needless to say I tried it and like it.IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

I've had an old steel EAA (Tangfolio) Witness Carry Comp (compensated) in 9mm for many years. It is a clone of the CZ-75 sometimes called a TZ-75 and I've had no problems with it. Bought it used with two high cap mags.

If it's an old one there may be problems with the firing pin being brittle. EAA will fix it free if it's on the llist. They did fix mine for no cost.

Very popular in Europe and other places in .38super and 10mm for IPSC competition. Don't get a 10mm polymer frame as they had some issues.

Caliber conversions are available to convert a .45, 10mm, or .38super to another of those calibers or .22lr.

The 9mm can be converted to .40S&W and vice versa, as well as .22lr.

Guest TargetShooter84

Great to hear that you all have had some good experiences with EAA. I was slightly worried about EAA because I was reading reviews that their CS was the worst to deal with.

Anyone seen the witness in Wonder Finish? Is it in bright silver or is it more of a dull silver/grayed color?

I'm eyeing that but I also like the Witness Elite in two tone but that's roughly a little over $100 more than the standard Witness model in 9mm. Not sure if I really wanna just buy one that's about the same functionality as the standard Witness.

Anyone experience the two tone Witness Elite model?

EAA is basically just an importer. They do not manufacture anything. At different times they have imported numerous makes including Tangfolio and Walther. The Tangfolio Witness is as has been said a CZ75 copy. They are very well made. I had one for years I used as a competition gun. There are so many parts out there you can make them into complete race guns if you want. I had 2 of them and never had any problems out of them at all. They are a heavy gun for carry, but I did mine at times. I also had a 9x21 barrel for mine and used it at times as well.

I do have to say my time shooting the polymer framed Witnesses is far less and so I do not have a firm personal opinion of them. Tangfolio has been in business for a long time and is considered one of Italy's and Europe's better manufacturers.