Almost got pulled over by the cops!

Guest db99wj

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj
I think you'd have more support for this than you think..... :)

Even the cop bashers hate drivers like that!

Seriously though, I think we all really can relate to the frustration of "that guy".

I actually got pulled over one time because I was going to slow in the left lane. It was dark and a car flew up behind me and was riding my rear so I let off the gas and got down to about 35 in a 55 when the blue lights came on. He asked what my problem was and I told him people who rode my butt. I didn't even get a warning out of it. Funny thing is the right lane was open the whole time and I was doing the speed limit, probably faster than the limit knowing my driving style, when the whole thing began.

I about can't stand those who wish to cruise in the hammer lane. If you wanna run to the left it is your responsibility to watch your mirror and make sure you are not holding others up. I don't care if I am doing 80 in a 55, if someone comes up on me it is not my place to be the speed police, pull over and let them by.

Pass to the left is about the first thing I was ever taught about driving. And I may be wrong but I believe it is a moving violation to pass to the right.

Typical response from a Cubs fan :). I didn't realize the left lane was the "speed like hell or get run over" lane.

It’s called “impeding traffic” for the azzhats that think they have a “right” to be in that lane as long as they are doing the speed limit. That was a warning for the guy in the video; the cop must not have had the time to write him. I would have wrote him, they cause more accidents than speeders.

You learned that as a kid in drivers ED.

I about can't stand those who wish to cruise in the hammer lane. If you wanna run to the left it is your responsibility to watch your mirror and make sure you are not holding others up. I don't care if I am doing 80 in a 55, if someone comes up on me it is not my place to be the speed police, pull over and let them by.

Pass to the left is about the first thing I was ever taught about driving. And I may be wrong but I believe it is a moving violation to pass to the right.

:up:

It’s called “impeding traffic” for the azzhats that think they have a “right” to be in that lane as long as they are doing the speed limit. That was a warning for the guy in the video; the cop must not have had the time to write him. I would have wrote him, they cause more accidents than speeders.

You learned that as a kid in drivers ED.

It's called I tend to drive way over the speed limit and if some "azzhat" wants to ride my ass he can either stay there or go around. I set the cruise at 85 or so on the interstate and if some douche is driving faster than that there is at least one other lane he can use.

It's called I tend to drive way over the speed limit and if some "azzhat" wants to ride my ass he can either stay there or go around. I set the cruise at 85 or so on the interstate and if some douche is driving faster than that there is at least one other lane he can use.

15 over = okay, 16 over = Douche…. Got it. :up:

Bad drivers always have an excuse.

Guest monkeyhumper

I never cruise in the left lane. Ever. But if I were, and a cop was following so dangerously close, I'd... I'd... Ok, I'd get over.

What would have made my heart SHINE, would be if the driver hit the brakes and caused Officer Jagoff to rear end him.

There's no excuse to follow someone that close. I don't care if you're Jesus and you're late for last supper.

Sent from my Etch a Sketch

15 over = okay, 16 over = Douche…. Got it. :up:

Bad drivers always have an excuse.

Actually douche was meant for anyone trying to kiss my bumper, but you've me got on the bad driver part. I do tend not to follow some traffic laws.

Edited by brooksjr

1) In some states the left lane is literally for passing only and not intended for continued driving

2) I've known a ton of officers in my lifetime and virtually all of them recognize that they cause all kinds of problems when they just ride down the road. So, they elect to move on down the road and not cause traffic issues. For this awareness they get verbally abused all the time by people accusing them of abusing their authority.

Too many people these days spend too much energy looking to be offended...

I thought it hilarious. Who among us hasn't wished for lights and sirens at some point in time when behind some jerk like this?

Actually douche was meant for anyone trying to kiss my bumper, but you've me got on the bad driver part. I do tend not to follow some traffic laws.

So do I. I drive like a former cop; with total disregard for traffic laws. :D

But I will never be in your way. If I’m doing 85 and you run up on me; I’m going to hang you out there in that left lane as bait while I ride your back right. :up:

Until a couple of weeks ago I hadn’t had a ticket in 17 years. I got a ticket in Illinois for 50/40. I didn’t even try to talk him out of the ticket I didn’t think he was going to write me.

cuss.gif 10 over… what a chickenchit ticket; I never wrote those.

Oh well..... :P

Ok Ok...i said I was never going to comment on here again...but...

Actually, I'm going to ask a question...so....technically...I'm not commenting....:up:

How many of you have ever seen a sign on the road that says.....

SLOWER TRAFFIC

KEEP RIGHT

or......

KEEP RIGHT

EXCEPT TO

PASS

????????????????????????????????????????????????