Yankee Clarification

There are:

1.Yankees, our good neighbors to the North betwixt us and them damned Canadians.

2.Damned Yankees, who come down to our beloved South and kindly leave large quantities of greenbacks for the privilege of partaking in our civilized culture, before exhibiting their only instance of good manners by departing for their northern abodes.

3.Gawddamned Yankees; similar in nature to #2 above but they stay.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chemprof, you can apply for political refuge status and possibly be granted a conditional visa for temporary residense. You must renounce all affiliation to the liberal yankee lifestyle; never utter the phrase "This is how we do it up North," discontinue the use of the words "youse guys" and "soda pop," and finally bow three times to the south while reciting " I love and agree with Charlie Daniels in all things." :P

Chemprof, you can apply for political refuge status and possibly be granted a conditional visa for temporary residense. You must renounce all affiliation to the liberal yankee lifestyle; never utter the phrase "This is how we do it up North," discontinue the use of the words "youse guys" and "soda pop," and finally bow three times to the south while reciting " I love and agree with Charlie Daniels in all things." :P

LMAO! That's awesome.

So, who are the worst Yankees? I personally say people from Ohio whom I refer to as F.I.F.O's or people from Jersey.

Guest mustangdave

All my family comes from "southern" OHIO....my mom and dad ran away from Ohio to become gypsies, after highschool (dad was in the Navy- we moved A LOT)...my dads family moved to south Florida in the late 50's...and never went back...I was born in TEXAS...

Uh oh.... I'm a #3! Please let me stay! I got here as fast as I could! Don't make me go back! I HATE it up there!

LMAO. Like me you're repentant. Hell nobody can say where I'm from. This is where I have lived.

Salt Lake City, Utah

Fulda, Germany

Ft. Campbell, Kentucky

Ft. Rucker, Alabama

Colorado Springs, Colorado

Crawford, Colorado

Grand Junction, Colorado

Montrose, Colorado

Canyon City, Colorado

Hotchkiss, Colorado

Stuttgart, Germany

Hopkinsville, Kentucky

Clarksville, Tennessee

Daytona Beach, Florida

Columbia, South Carolina

Monterey, California

San Angelo, Texas

Sierra Vista, Arizona

Tong Du Chon, South Korea

Tacoma, Washington

Oui Jung Bu, South Korea

Pegram, TN

And that doesn't count places I've lived several times, like Ft. Campbell, Clarksville, and Daytona Beach to name a few.

Guest Old goat

My wife is from Jersey (though I've turned her into a pretty good redneck girl), sometimes I think the only reason she married me was so she wouldn't be sent back.

As a native Floridian I must clarify 1 thing. The state is actually 3 separate states that come together for buying power (sort of like joining COSTCO) and revenue sharing. The 3 sub-states are:

1) North Cuba- the area extending North from the Keys up thru the Everglades to just South of Orlando

2) South New York- the I-4 corridor extending from Orlando North to Ocala. It spans the state from Tampa/St. Pete to Daytona Beach

3) Lower Alabama- technically the area from Live Oak West to Pensacola. We sometimes will claim Gainesville/Jacksonville but only when it suits us. Since this is my home region I consider it the true Florida!

Thank you for allowing me to clear this up ;)

If ya'll have never met a Swamp Yankee then you are missing out. I met two Swamp Yankees on the Appalachian Trail near Erwin TN. They were nice fellows but they stunk to high heaven. A Swamp Yankee is a person from what state?

Guest Letereat!

I thought we already had this discussion a couple of months back didn't we? Yea, thats right, I got the boot for "going off" on Jamie and now enjoy the reputation of being a half cocked loose screw balderdash. Being underestimated has many advantages.

:rolleyes:

Yankee is a "State of Mind". If your a city dwelling gimbus who doesn't know how to plant a garden and has no interest in such things, if you don't own a chainsaw and hate the woods then there is a good chance your a Yank. There are untold southern bred "necks" who are Yank to the core, likewise there are plenty of northern born and bred yankees whou would be right at home in the woods, brewin some shine and have the independant, "rebel" DIY spirit.

Edited by Letereat!
Chemprof, you can apply for political refuge status and possibly be granted a conditional visa for temporary residense. You must renounce all affiliation to the liberal yankee lifestyle; never utter the phrase "This is how we do it up North," discontinue the use of the words "youse guys" and "soda pop," and finally bow three times to the south while reciting " I love and agree with Charlie Daniels in all things." :rock:

I will comply in full!:rolleyes:

I will comply in full!:woohoo:

Then provisionaly...your temporary status is granted. However, a full citizenship will only be granted when you can do a full rebel yell without your voice cracking. Judging to be provided by any local redneck who'll volunteer to teach you the correct tonal inflection, volume, and duration.

So therefore, I proclaim, before the fact, that you are allowed to continue to reside in God's Country, with the full blessings and benefits of a naturalized Southerner.

Welcome, Ya'll.

To Europeans, all Americans are Yankees.

See, the Union blockade back in the 1860's kept the Europeans in the dark and now they think of us all as Yankees. Dam it.

We know what a Yankee is, those that come down to visit and tell us about how great it is back home, yet they keep coming back more then we go up there. Seems they like it better down here then we like it up there.

Guest boatme99

Well. It appears that I'm a GD Yankee, but I think there must be another designation out there. I came. I stayed. And I still won't eat any dang "nanner pudding!

Yankee is a "State of Mind". If your a city dwelling gimbus who doesn't know how to plant a garden and has no interest in such things, if you don't own a chainsaw and hate the woods then there is a good chance your a Yank. There are untold southern bred "necks" who are Yank to the core, likewise there are plenty of northern born and bred yankees whou would be right at home in the woods, brewin some shine and have the DIY spirit.

to use the most overused word on the internet

"THIS"

I know plenty of people from north of the Ohio river that are not Yankees, and plenty from around here who are worse than any northerner I have ever met. I have encountered many born here who are the most standoffish people I have come across, and many from "there" who would not hesitate to give you the shirt off their back and half of their last sammich then invite you over for a cookout.

Being born in the south does not make you special or better than people in the north.