Don't try to burn a flag at LSU.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason:_____________

Saw this this morning on Drudge. I think it is an interesting (...and, by the way, a great....) thing. It's high time that "real people" took the offensive and call this trash what they really are. Thanks for posting this great bit of news.

GO TIGERS!!!!

leroy

What's the big deal? If somebody wants to burn their own private property why should anyone else care?

I've heard this argument before and to some degree can appreciate the sentiment behind it. However, some things are bigger than you, me, and our possessions. Some things represent way more than that and deserve more consideration than just being an object. I'm not saying you have to agree, just saying that not acknowledging it as truth is putting your head in the sand.

And if somebody wants to protest against that burning why should you care?

I got no problem with that at all. They should go home to their private property to burn it, not a densely populated campus where they are only doing it to get a reaction. Go home and burn a flag, do it in public, and think they should move the horses out of the way.

The freedom to do what you like until it infringes upon the rights of others is what we were founded on. You don't torch a people's symbol of glory and valor out in the public.

Like I said, they should have just let the mob rule.

Guest Bronker
I've heard this argument before and to some degree can appreciate the sentiment behind it. However, some things are bigger than you, me, and our possessions. Some things represent way more than that and deserve more consideration than just being an object. I'm not saying you have to agree, just saying that not acknowledging it as truth is putting your head in the sand.

And we are done here. Bravo.

The guy is lucky that the police were there. LSU people can get rowdy as hell. If you have every been a visiting fan in Death Valley for a night game you know what I mean.

I lived there for 3 years, if the police were not there it would have been very bloody

F'ing Hippies. I'm sorry but there is nothing worse (in America) than a F'n hippie.

Maybe one burning an American Flag.

I'm surprised Barrack didn't give a speech pleading with the guy not to burn the flag. Seems I remember him begging someone not to burn a Koran. Tells me all I need to know about Obama's values.

Guest 10mm4me

1st ammendment aside, if you are an American and you burn the flag, you are a POS!!!! I had my middle finger almost ripped off and I have the back of a 60yr. old man fighting for it. I have friends with no legs, eyes, arms, and worse who gave up their youth, mobility, and lives for what it stands for. Personally, if I ever see a flag burning that is not part of an official destruction ceremony, I feel sorry for the burner.... 6'6", 270 lb. Marine Sgt. who becomes instantly enraged when I see stuff like this.

It's that hippie's right to burn his flag if he wants too. Just like its the right of that crowd to tar/feather and run him off campus on a rail if they choose to.

I wish him luck finding a job when he graduates. No company would ever hire that POS after a stunt like that!

I got no problem with that at all. They should go home to their private property to burn it, not a densely populated campus where they are only doing it to get a reaction. Go home and burn a flag, do it in public, and think they should move the horses out of the way.

The freedom to do what you like until it infringes upon the rights of others is what we were founded on. You don't torch a people's symbol of glory and valor out in the public.

Like I said, they should have just let the mob rule.

Hey, I'm actually with you on that.

1st ammendment aside, if you are an American and you burn the flag, you are a POS!!!! I had my middle finger almost ripped off and I have the back of a 60yr. old man fighting for it. I have friends with no legs, eyes, arms, and worse who gave up their youth, mobility, and lives for what it stands for. Personally, if I ever see a flag burning that is not part of an official destruction ceremony, I feel sorry for the burner.... 6'6", 270 lb. Marine Sgt. who becomes instantly enraged when I see stuff like this.

Amen on the bolded part. To the rest: you'd want me on your jury.

It's that hippie's right to burn his flag if he wants too. Just like its the right of that crowd to tar/feather and run him off campus on a rail if they choose to.

I wish him luck finding a job when he graduates. No company would ever hire that POS after a stunt like that!

Wrong. He'll be a college professor indoctrinating our youth some day.

I lived there for 3 years, if the police were not there it would have been very bloody

if he had done it on a saturday night, it would have gotten bloody even with the police there. if he had done it on a saturday night when they were playing Auburn, he probably would have made it out at all.