bill's outpost (knoxville location)

Guest nysos

Guest nysos

Just though i'd post that I stopped by there over the weekend and was impressed. I had not ever been to the maryville location and their prices were very good. Just a few brands off the top of my head I knew I could buy maybe only for $20 if that, cheaper online. When a shop has good competitive prices, makes it real easy to purchase locally. They are definitely getting my next purchase.

The guys at the shop were both very nice, and we struck up a good conversation. The thing I liked the most about them was that they were very modest about their knowledge. They treated me as an equal, and instead of "telling how it is" they actually asked me for input on some things and what I thought of them, etc. This struck me as out of the norm for most gun counter "experts" that I see at some other locations, mainly the larger corporate chains whose names I will not mention.

Anyways, just though I'd say for you other Knoxville guys to head over and give their new store a look over if you haven't been. It got a +1 by my book and they will definitely be seeing some of my money in the future.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it on Kingston pike between Lovell rd and Campbell station Next to Sam and Andys deli There's a little strip mall on the left going out of town.

This is correct. Head west on Kingston Pike from Lovell road and its on the south side of the road. If you get to the Super Kroger you have passed it.

Guest nysos
Did they have many SA Revolvers? Sounds like a cool place I will have to check them out this weekend.

They didn't have a huge selection of revolvers, only 1 case. Large selection of the popular polymers in the form of glock, springfield, and kahr. Few of the smaller sigs (238, 290) and some sig rifles. I didn't see any full size sig pistols but I may have overlooked them. Pretty good selection of long guns.

When we were discussing gen3 vs gen4 glocks, they mentioned they could order me one no problem if I wanted a gen4. So I am assuming if you see a brand they carry (ruger, sig, springfield, glock, kahr, walther, etc.) that they can get you any gun they make within reason. They were also talking about becoming a kimber dealer, they said they have been putting it off due to how being able to carry kimber means they have to pay them $10,000 flat out just to be able to sell their guns (I believe he said ruger, they will let you order any number of guns to start carrying them, other companies require a certain amount of guns to be ordered first time). Since I haven't ever been to the Maryville store, I can't comment on if they have a different selection or are lacking in certain areas - maybe someone else that has been can chime in? So I would say if they have your brand, just ask them about a price and I am sure they will order no problem.

Isn't it on Kingston pike between Lovell rd and Campbell station Next to Sam and Andys deli There's a little strip mall on the left going out of town.

Wow that's a long drive. I guess if I'm ever that way, I'll check it out.

Didn't know they had a Knoxville store, however, its very convenient since I buy my paint at Sherwin Williams and love to eat at Sam & Andy's. My office is just down the street behind David's Carpets.......there is a God after all..........

Wow that's a long drive. I guess if I'm ever that way, I'll check it out.

FWIW: It's not that far, I drive it everyday. You could drive to that store and then go over to Coal Creek Armory and visit those guys. Two gun shops in one day, both in same section of town, within mile or two of each other, both sell guns......you save gas, win/win.

i went in there today, theres no point going to coal creek anymore unless your going to the range. People were very friendly and they pricing is better then coal creeks. They also have more hand guns and rifles in stock then coal creek. Brand new glocks for 509

Edited by Bubbas