The Ammo Increase Has Finally Begun

I went to Walmart on Gallagher View last night to pick up some bullets for shooting on Thursday and the price has jumped up $5 a box on .40 Winchester. The strange thing is that all of the Winchester boxes prices have jumped up at least $4 each but all the other brands (Federal, Remington, etc) have stayed the same. So Federal 50 round boxes are still $14.97 while Winchester 100 round boxes are $33.97 and 50 round boxes are $23.97 (yeah...I said the same thing about the price of the 50 round boxes.)

walmart in maryville went up acouple of weeks ago .the federal was $12.95 now $14.95 the tula was alittle over $10 now it is $12 or so.9mm is still ok but i have around 500 rounds and have not shot any of it in a few years.

i just bought 9200 pounds of ammo all nickle cases all jacketed hollow point .i am going to have to learn to not bid at auctions

LMAO David! Had you been at the last gunshow I was (in da 'Boro) I would have taken some of that off your hands (if it was the correct caliber, of course). I hope like hell you have a forklift to unload it! So tell us this... what did you pay per round???

Guest possumbarnes
i just bought 9200 pounds of ammo all nickle cases all jacketed hollow point .i am going to have to learn to not bid at auctions

9200 pounds or 9200 rounds. Something tells me you didn't buy almost 5 tons of ammo at auction. But, then again, I'm new here so you never can tell. :(

i did i bought the remaining stock of eldorado cartige i will have 9 mm 40 sw 10mm 44 mag 38 spl it is loose so i have to order boxes from someplace if i hadnt been in the hospital for the last 2 weeks i would have it ready now any of you that know me from gunshows know that i dont sell ammo but fell into this ah there is some 147 grain 9mm hp and some 380 ae well i am not trying to sell this here i will most ;ikley sell it in ky or ms as i hate the tax stamp thing in yn

i did i bought the remaining stock of eldorado cartige i will have 9 mm 40 sw 10mm 44 mag 38 spl it is loose so i have to order boxes from someplace if i hadnt been in the hospital for the last 2 weeks i would have it ready now any of you that know me from gunshows know that i dont sell ammo but fell into this ah there is some 147 grain 9mm hp and some 380 ae well i am not trying to sell this here i will most ;ikley sell it in ky or ms as i hate the tax stamp thing in yn

The 9mm and .38's.....are they they the Starfire?

I went to Walmart on Gallagher View last night to pick up some bullets for shooting on Thursday and the price has jumped up $5 a box on .40 Winchester. The strange thing is that all of the Winchester boxes prices have jumped up at least $4 each but all the other brands (Federal, Remington, etc) have stayed the same. So Federal 50 round boxes are still $14.97 while Winchester 100 round boxes are $33.97 and 50 round boxes are $23.97 (yeah...I said the same thing about the price of the 50 round boxes.)

Did you happen to notice if any of the WWB 100 ct boxes were 45acp? Not trying to be lazy, but you might save me some gas money--LOL!

Did you happen to notice if any of the WWB 100 ct boxes were 45acp? Not trying to be lazy, but you might save me some gas money--LOL!

I do know that the 45 ACP rounds went up as well but I don't remember the price. Also, I made one mistake in my earlier post. The Winchester JHP 50 round packs are now $24.97 for a 50 round box and the Winchester 50 round of target ammo is now $18.97 for a 50 round pack. I saw the TulAmmo was still at $12.99 for .40 box of 50 rounds.

I went to the Clinton Hwy Walmart as well to see if their prices had changed as well and they are pretty universal except that the Winchester 555 round box of JHP .22LR went down $0.50 at the Clinton Hwy Walmart to $18.97 from $19.47. All the Federal Ammo prices are unchanged and the box of 100 rounds of .223 is still $39.97. It really seems as if only the Winchester ammo prices have changed so it looks like I'll be shooting a lot more Federal now.

The 45 ACP of TulAmmo is still the same cheap price at the Clinton Hwy Walmart though. I didn't see any on the shelf at the Gallagher View. The Federal is also the same price.

I do know that the 45 ACP rounds went up as well but I don't remember the price. Also, I made one mistake in my earlier post. The Winchester JHP 50 round packs are now $24.97 for a 50 round box and the Winchester 50 round of target ammo is now $18.97 for a 50 round pack. I saw the TulAmmo was still at $12.99 for .40 box of 50 rounds.

I went to the Clinton Hwy Walmart as well to see if their prices had changed as well and they are pretty universal except that the Winchester 555 round box of JHP .22LR went down $0.50 at the Clinton Hwy Walmart to $18.97 from $19.47. All the Federal Ammo prices are unchanged and the box of 100 rounds of .223 is still $39.97. It really seems as if only the Winchester ammo prices have changed so it looks like I'll be shooting a lot more Federal now.

The 45 ACP of TulAmmo is still the same cheap price at the Clinton Hwy Walmart though. I didn't see any on the shelf at the Gallagher View. The Federal is also the same price.

Thanks for the info! I'll have to check it out. Yes, lots of Federal for me, too--LOL!

Thanks for the info! I'll have to check it out. Yes, lots of Federal for me, too--LOL!

lol

well, if there were any other walmarts closer to me or the places I frequent, I'd check them out as well but there's not really. I'll be dropping by the one in Turkey Creek and HOPING they still have the 100 round boxes of Winchester for $28.97 since I'll be going shooting on Thursday anyway at CCA.

Well better hurry and buy as soon as possible. .40 Federal just went up $2 at the Clinton Hwy Walmart and now it and the .45ACP are both $16.97 for a 50 round box. The TulAmmo .45ACP is still $14.99 for a 50 round box. The Remington 550 round box of .22LR JHP went up to $19.97. I'll check the Gallagher View Walmart tonight when I get off work to see if their Federal Ammo is still unchanged so I can buy a box or two.

Well better hurry and buy as soon as possible. .40 Federal just went up $2 at the Clinton Hwy Walmart and now it and the .45ACP are both $16.97 for a 50 round box. The TulAmmo .45ACP is still $14.99 for a 50 round box. The Remington 550 round box of .22LR JHP went up to $19.97. I'll check the Gallagher View Walmart tonight when I get off work to see if their Federal Ammo is still unchanged so I can buy a box or two.

Just went to Turkey Creek Wally last night--100 rd WWB 45acp is now $35.97!! IIRC that's now $4 more or close to it. That now puts USAAmmo and Georgia Arms prices, even with shipping nearly the same! Hmmm.....do I have brand loyalty? Nope--I'm an ammo whore and will take whatever is cheapest while still being good quality--LOL!

This topic has initiated the purchase, of equipment, and beginning of my life as a re-loader.

I'm about finished with reading "ABCs of Reloading" and will likely join you before the year is done. Maybe Santa will bring me a press? Good luck on getting started!

Just went to Turkey Creek Wally last night--100 rd WWB 45acp is now $35.97!! IIRC that's now $4 more or close to it. That now puts USAAmmo and Georgia Arms prices, even with shipping nearly the same! Hmmm.....do I have brand loyalty? Nope--I'm an ammo whore and will take whatever is cheapest while still being good quality--LOL!

I agree with you there. I may have to start looking online seriously for good ammo deals...$0.34 a round in store with sales tax is a bit much.