who carries at work

Guest GLOCKGUY

Guest GLOCKGUY

if you do. do they know it :shrug: every job I've had they will not allow it. I cant find a place that will allow me to carry at work :rofl: how do you go about getting them to allow you to carry :biglol:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GUTTERbOY

I will once I get my HCP. But then, I work out of a spare bedroom in my brother's house, so it's kind of a unique situation. :shrug:

Guest mace8924

I will as soon as I get my HCP in hand also. I work at a machine shop on the late shift and there are times when I am the last one to leave at say 3:30 in the a.m. easily an hour after everyone else has left. Not to mentinon we are only a stones throw away from the local hood.

Guest someguy12341

Professional outside sales rep. I carry my Sig P220c under my suit coat every day. Finally (after over a year of trying) got my boss to go out and get a gun. He hasn't signed up for his permit class yet, but that's next. He knows that there are 6-8 of us who carry every day.

I do also, climbing, crawling, mud, dirt, attic insulation, blood sweat and tears (sometimes), always have my M&P40C strapped on unless it's a really tight hole and I need the extra room or I'm going some place that does NOT allow carry (school, ETC) then it's locked in either lock box in truck or wall safe in trailer, depending on the situation.

I used to, but my office had two employees who wanted to intimidate the others and chose to display pieces of their collections on their desks in their cubicles. They were also irresponsible with their aggressive discussions of their rights and what they'd like to do if given the chance.:D

Needless to say, neither had a CCP. Upon receiving several complaints by fellow employees, the company by-laws were changed and the two employees were let go in a series of lay-offs that were to follow.:cop:

I, as well as my other co-workers who legally carry, am no longer allowed to carry at work. I do keep my firearm in my vehicle (parked close to the building).:D

I feel that the result of this disrespect of firearms and fellow employees by the two former co-workers has endangered the rest of us. My fellow employees know I am a gun enthusiast/collector, but also know that I would never walk through the office wielding a firearm like a Titans' banner. They also know that because I don't glorify my opions or the simple fact that I carry a firearm (legally), I'm not the one who's going to break down and start whiping out the office in a hail of gun fire.:cool:

The former employees I mentioned may not have either, but they did seem to give the impression that they were geared for it.:)

Guest readyornot

Like some of the others, I'm in sales. I carry every day under my sport coat. I go in too many strange houses each day.

Guest db99wj

I do, not sure if they know, they know that I am "involved" with firearms. One person has a permit, we have discussed carrying, but not specifically at work. I think a couple of them know, but not all and none know to what extent.

If I don't happen to have it on my hip, it is in my truck, which I can see from my window, which is about 40 feet away. We are in one of those old residential streets that have been converted to small offices.

Guest db99wj
I hope you can run fast :D

Either out the door or out the window, which ever I need to do!

I just started this job a few months ago, so I didn't push it to much, but I am passed my probation period and I am kinda pushy.:D

Guest ETS_Inc

ETS' company policy is "If you ain't got your gun with you, the boss just might beat your a$$." I'm not taking any chances that some idiot might think he needs an M-16 or something on the Five-finger discount plan. (It's nice to be the boss.)

I carry at work. I am self-employed. My customers are mostly mentally ill.

Despite my strong support for the 2nd amendment, I have thrown a few customers (patients) out of my office/business when they were carrying. Here's why: I work in mental health. Thus, if I am getting paid to talk to you, there is a probability that you are, at least momentarily, mentally ill. Therefore, now and then, I run into folks who really shouldn't have a gun in their possession, especially in my office!! Like the beautiful 40 year old lawyer who was an ex-stripper who was still sexually involved with her 75 year old father, who was an elected official-- I threw her out when she showed me her revolver. That's just too crazy for me!!!!! (Plus, her boyfriend, also a lawyer, beat her up now and then- he carried illegal weapons-- he was a lawyer, too, and for awhile he was out to get me!!!)

A shrink friend of mine had a patient hold him at gunpoint for over an hour. He eventually wrestled the gun away from her and (sanely) refused to see her again. She later killed herself with a hand gun in another shrinks office. She didn't kill her shrink-- I think that was a good decision.

So, yes, I carry at work. And, I have knives, pepper spray, and assorted other not-as-lethal options available to me at discrete locations throughout my office.

And, $3 million in liability insurance just in case I screw up.