Fobus Thumb Level Holsters

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kirkosaurus
When I partial open carry (a shirt over my OWB), I don't want to give anyone a chance to grab at my pistol.

That's not "partial" open carry. That's concealed carry.

That's not "partial" open carry. That's concealed carry.

Well, I know that--I just threw "partial" in there to explain it better :screwy: Plus, my firearms prints significantly, so a person would have to be stupid not to realize what it is. Back to topic...

Has anyone had any issue drawing with an steady firing grip with the Carrylok?

Well, I know that--I just threw "partial" in there to explain it better :lol: Plus, my firearms prints significantly, so a person would have to be stupid not to realize what it is. Back to topic...

Has anyone had any issue drawing with an steady firing grip with the Carrylok?

Nope, Practice. Within just a few minutes pressing the lock will come natural. I use my middle finger to flick it and wrap it around the gun with the rest of my grip as I'm bringing it up on target.

And I carry OWB every day, with just a golf shirt to cover it, I know it prints but you live in a world full of sheep and most don't even know where they are much less who is carrying around them.

I haven't had any issues drawing with mine. Once I found the perfect place for it, it was great. You can get a full grip on it, because as you grip it you unlock it.

The only reason I changed to an IWB is because that is what I originally wanted. I thought I would like the classy leather look of the Bianchi, but in the end I didn't. I wanted a plain, no frills, no lock IWB kydex holster. I still use my Bianchi on occasion, when I am in slacks and a jacket, much like why I wear my fancy watch. But most days it is the IWB holster and a digital watch. :lol:

• Administrator
my post was no more off topic than Enfield's constant snide remarks and "holier than thou" comments. Next time I will keep my opinion to myself David.

Yes, because that's absolutely what I am asking you to do... right? I have a better idea, though, if you're open to hearing it. How about you put on your big-boy pants and stop being such a drama queen. Your post added nothing but fuel to a fire that really needs to die out.

Enfield's remarks in this thread do not seem to be out of line. It sounds like you have issues with things he has said elsewhere, so why crap in this thread?

If I could say something, David, I don't really think Enfeild's post made any sense with the context. Why mention how he doesn't prefer retention in a thread where I'm looking for a retention holster. Seems a bit redundant, doesn't it? I'm not trying to be an *******, but this doesn't seem to be that big of a deal.

But anyway, Murgatroy and dralarms, this holster seems promising. I'll have to look around and try to get one in my hands before I order one.

The Bianchi 82 looks like it will do the job. But doesn’t it require you to properly press the release as you are drawing? A thumb break can be popped whenever you need it and isn’t an issue anymore.

• Administrator
If I could say something, David, I don't really think Enfeild's post made any sense with the context. Why mention how he doesn't prefer retention in a thread where I'm looking for a retention holster. Seems a bit redundant, doesn't it? I'm not trying to be an *******, but this doesn't seem to be that big of a deal.

It's really not a big deal at all; I agree with that. But Enfield should be able to share his opinion on a subject the same as anyone else, even if that opinion is 180-degrees out from the rest of the thread. I think the problem here is that the messenger is being criticized rather than the message, perhaps because of other "baggage" from other threads.

It's really not a big deal at all; I agree with that. But Enfield should be able to share his opinion on a subject the same as anyone else, even if that opinion is 180-degrees out from the rest of the thread. I think the problem here is that the messenger is being criticized rather than the message, perhaps because of other "baggage" from other threads.

I don't think anyone has a problem with Enfield sharing his opinion. I think people take offense with his constant posts in multiple threads that are off-topic and/or antagonistic. Also known as thread crapping.

• Administrator
I don't think anyone has a problem with Enfield sharing his opinion. I think people take offense with his constant posts in multiple threads that are off-topic and/or antagonistic. Also known as thread crapping.

I will look into that and take whatever actions are appropriate.

The Bianchi 82 looks like it will do the job. But doesn’t it require you to properly press the release as you are drawing? A thumb break can be popped whenever you need it and isn’t an issue anymore.

Yes, but once you do it once it's a natural position for your finger to be in while reaching for the gun. They must have thought this out real carefully because the lever is in just the right place. To be honest, I don't even reliaze mine has the lock unless I'm showing the holster to someone, other than that by the time you wrap your fingers around the gun you have flicked the lever and the gun is free.

• Administrator

I take it that you feel I am incapable of searching or that things are not happening as fast as you would like. Fair enough. Enfield has actually offered to step down from his role as a moderator here, but I am not making any decisions without looking at the entirety of what has transpired.

That said, I will of course be reviewing your own recent posts for argumentative / inflammatory remarks since you appear to have a vested interest in this. Fair is fair.

I take it that you feel I am incapable of searching or that things are not happening as fast as you would like. Fair enough. Enfield has actually offered to step down from his role as a moderator here, but I am not making any decisions without looking at the entirety of what has transpired.

That said, I will of course be reviewing your own recent posts for argumentative / inflammatory remarks since you appear to have a vested interest in this. Fair is fair.

David,

I have made numerous friends here on TGO all the way from Knoxville to Memphis. I doubt I would be capable of doing that if I was even 1/3 of the "argumentative/inflammatory" member that Enfield is. This all started because I spoke out against a moderator. I admit that I should have been more diplomatic in my initial comment but my frustration for his constant derogatory posts got the better of me. If we are not allowed to speak out against mods when they rightfully deserve it then who is going to do so? If I would have spoken out against any other member this would be a non-issue, but because he happens to be a moderator it has spiraled into this. Enfield even went so far as to give me a "infraction" for voicing my opinion.

You haven't liked me since day 1 and there is nothing I can do about that. Do what you feel is best.

• Administrator
David,

I have made numerous friends here on TGO all the way from Knoxville to Memphis. I doubt I would be capable of doing that if I was even 1/3 of the "argumentative/inflammatory" member that Enfield is. This all started because I spoke out against a moderator. I admit that I should have been more diplomatic in my initial comment but my frustration for his constant derogatory posts got the better of me. If we are not allowed to speak out against mods when they rightfully deserve it then who is going to do so? If I would have spoken out against any other member this would be a non-issue, but because he happens to be a moderator it has spiraled into this. Enfield even went so far as to give me a "infraction" for voicing my opinion.

You haven't liked me since day 1 and there is nothing I can do about that. Do what you feel is best.

Seriously, you can stop with the dramatics. They aren't necessary and it really isn't helpful. I do not have an opinion of you one way or the other, so the idea that I dislike you is silly. I do dislike what you're "doing" in this thread.

There is an appropriate way to handle disagreements with the Staff and it is outlined in the Code of Conduct. The very fact that you haven't been given some time out despite the fact that you continue to pursue this publicly is testament to the fact that we DO have patience and don't make a bunch of knee-jerk decisions.

If you feel that this needs to be discussed further, PM me. Otherwise, hold until you hear from me or one of the other moderators on the case at hand.

Thanks.