SIG p250

lawson

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you shot the Sig yet? If not, I recommend you do before considering a trade. I shot one recently and I loved everything about it BUT the long double action trigger. It's a very accurate pistol with the ability to morph into several other calibers, etc. but I still recommend you shoot one for yourself first. If you like it, then sell your XD to an individual and buy the P250. Just my .02.

thinking about trading my xd 45 4in service model for a sig p250 45acp whats everybody thoughts on this gun good or bad

I was originally going to get the P250 but I decided to go with the P226 instead.

Have you shot it yet?

I know at some point when I had asked about the P250, someone had something the number of bad things said about them. I'm not 100% on it but it should be around the forum or web somewhere.

Edited by wcsc12

Well first never trade a gun unless you make money on it or it's a total POS.

As for the P250, I have one and really like it. If you're into DAO triggers you'll love this gun. It eats anything I feed it.

The sig p250 does have a keltec like trigger but maybe a little smoother. Nothing wrong with that though but handle one first and at least dry fire it some. If you have a lot of time with the xd trigger it may be hard to adjust. I have heard holsters for the p250 are few and far between currently.

I don't have alot of experience with SIG P250s, but the two I've seen recently wouldn't run.

The first one was a shooter in a Rob Pincus CFS class I took 2 months ago...their P250 broke on the 1st day.

The second is a coworker's...brand new and it has to go back to SIG due to malfunctions.

These are just two examples, I know. And, every maker can put out a lemon, but these two recent examples aren't leaving me all warm and fuzzy over the P250.

• Moderators

Keep the XD. It is twice the gun the 250 is. The 250's modular concept is a great idea that is poorly executed. I will add a +1 to the above recommendations regarding other Sig models than the 250.