TGO Regional Rendezvous Points

• Administrator

May I suggest with quite of bit of seriousness that perhaps it would be good for TGO members to consider establishing regional rendezvous points for so-called SHTF situations -- whether natural disaster inspired or otherwise. I would further suggest that these things be organized semi-privately and that particulars be communicated either by Private Message here on the forum or by email. This would necessitate "coordinators" of sorts, hopefully with some sort of redundancy built in.

Like the old quote goes... United we stand, Divided we fall.

Good things to consider arranging ahead of time might be:

• HAM radio frequencies
  • When and where to meet
  • What to bring
  • Group purchases / caches of essentials

Just thinking outside the box here. If anyone wants to volunteer to be a point of contact or coordinator for their area, feel free to state such here and then maybe go with the idea of keeping the particulars offline. This being the Internet, anyone could search and see where you guys plan to get together, some of whom you don't want showing up and trying to take advantage of your prep work.

:)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

No harm in being prepared. Though I'm sure people with familial obligations may not be able to make such arrangements but being free from such ties at this time I wouldn't be above discussing stuff with East TN folks.

• Administrator
No harm in being prepared. Though I'm sure people with familial obligations may not be able to make such arrangements but being free from such ties at this time I wouldn't be above discussing stuff with East TN folks.

I figure my family stands a better chance if we work together with other families than if we try to go it alone.

• Administrator
You know things are serious when David starts this stuff. :)

Yeah, it's kind of alarming. I'm actually surprised I am talking about it myself... but lately some of the folks who I consider to be extremely conservative about this sort of thing have started to make some noise, and frankly that caught my attention.

Guest bkelm18
I figure my family stands a better chance if we work together with other families than if we try to go it alone.

That's true. I suppose I should have said some families wouldn't be able to make such arrangements.

• Administrator
I'm not opposed to this idea. I personally have been feeling unsettled lately.

I think a lot of us have been feeling that way the past week or two at the very least.

That would be a great discussion for a TGO Zombie shoot I think??

I would encourage folks to get together somehow, somewhere and discuss.

I've been thinking about this more lately. I've always thought that i would just hunker down and defend my home initially, and then move into a group situation. Never crossed my mind that I live in a plastic house. Might as well take cover behind a bush.

I think you have a good idea here.

• Administrator
Most importantly, when the time comes, how to we make sure TGO is up and accessible? :P I can go a few days without food (OK, my doctor would tell you quite a few days) but I need my daily TGO fix.

Let's hope that the day never comes that we have to run TGO off of packet-radio and an emergency power source. :)

Guest bkelm18
Very good idea. I've thought of getting a ham radio, lately. Really need to learn

some more stuff about them.

+1 I'm planning on getting my Tech license in September.

Guest 6.8 AR

I had a Heathkit 101 years ago that I listened to and played with antennas,

but I never got any license. I may have to look into that. I'm not around any

hams I know of anymore, though.

This is cool....errr not cool, but it's fortuitous, I feel alone this ways sometimes. People I talk to agree, but choose apathy.

It's going to be hard to do the christian thing and help them after telling them and they haven't listened. I don't know if I will be able to.

Who would like to get together on a Sunday morning @ Haffners range? First thing sunday morning is sparsely populated at the worst, most of the time there's no one. Anyone want to get together first thing on a Sunday, burn some powder? It's the best time for me. Anyone interested, let me know so I can make definite plans.

This is certainly a good idea. I've been feeling lately that if America is a melting pot then the water is starting to boil. I am not in a situation to be a good coordinator, otherwise I would volunteer, but I would like to be as much of an asset as possible to any such group in the W Nashville area.