Ron Ramsey Endorses Rick Perry

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Keep us posted if Dave does endorse anyone. :eek:

He won't. I heard him say once that no one would like him if he ran things, because he would do the things that need to be done and none of it would be popular with anyone. My kind of guy.

Edited by LINKS2K
I figured Perry would have been too religious for some of you guys.

Doesn't bother me, if he sticks to what he's supposed to be doing. He's not running for pastor. Fix the economy, and the other government things that are broken, and don't worry about who's sticking what into who among consenting adults.

• Admin Team
Geez... does everybody get their direction from talk show hosts? I'm in the wrong business... Oh wait :)

Now that's funny!

My cult alarm was ringing earlier and I jumped the gun. I've been in a call center when he endorses a product on his show. It's unreal to watch the phones light up.

I really respect the guy, and love the fact that he views it as a mission. That said, I'm not drinking any kool-aid at a live event.

Rick Perry is a conservative's conservative. I wouldn't make too much of him being from Texas. The Bush family has campaigned pretty hard against him in the past. That may be because they viewed him as a future Jeb contender. I do like his 10th amendment views!

Now that's funny!

My cult alarm was ringing earlier and I jumped the gun. I've been in a call center when he endorses a product on his show. It's unreal to watch the phones light up.

I really respect the guy, and love the fact that he views it as a mission. That said, I'm not drinking any kool-aid at a live event.

Rick Perry is a conservative's conservative. I wouldn't make too much of him being from Texas. The Bush family has campaigned pretty hard against him in the past. That may be because they viewed him as a future Jeb contender. I do like his 10th amendment views!

I like Dave. He's not full of crap.

• Admin Team
I like Dave. He's not full of crap.

Yeah, me too...in limited doses.

I get it, I guess. If I was in debt up to my eyeballs and you gave me some steps to get out of it, I'm probably going to keep listening to what you say. It doesn't matter that his steps should be obvious to the casual observer and you should have learned them in elementary school. He keeps it simple and people can follow him.

I'd let him head up a "deficit reduction" committee in Congress in a heartbeat.

Edited by MacGyver
I think I like Perry too...not positive I like him best, but I like him...his history on immigration concerns me some...

Texas is tough. I've just started taking a closer look. Maybe it's just optimism. I look at all the others and just see four more years of Obama. He won't get my vote. But if the Pubs put up somebody that's weak, crazy, or both, they're gonna lose again

I figured Perry would have been too religious for some of you guys.

Not crazy about having a high profile bible thumper in there myself, but at this point I'd vote for either Jehovah or Satan himself should he get the GOP nomination.

- OS

Not crazy about having a high profile bible thumper in there myself, but at this point I'd vote for either Jehovah or Satan himself should he get the GOP nomination.

- OS

Be careful what you wish for...lol. But I am certainly ready for some change.

Guest Lester Weevils
Geez... does everybody get their direction from talk show hosts? I'm in the wrong business... Oh wait :popcorn:

It might make a pretty good "system" to steer clear of any politician endorsed by Keith Olberman while also avoiding any politician endorsed by Bill O'Reilly!

I've been a Tennessean since I married a Nashvillian 34 years ago, but spent the last five years in San Antonio on military assignments in Governor Rick Perry's Texas. It's almost as good a state as Tennessee :popcorn: . As a Governor, I think he did a pretty good job, it's a pretty diverse state and I think he worked pretty hard, with everybody about equally satisfied/dissatisfied. Like any state, it's got a number of vested interests so I imagine it's like dealing with squabbling children sometimes.

Texas had to cut a lot from the state budget this time around to get it BALANCED, and he kind of pissed off some of the teachers because education had to take a hit along with everybody else. Oh, well! He's had to make hard calls, doesn't shy from them, and everyone settles down to a dull grumble afterwards. You can't be everybody's friend when you are Governor, I guess.

He's been working the border issues as hard as ANYONE, especially in a state that's almost 50 percent Hispanic. The legal Hispanics really don't like the illegal Hispanics any more than anybody else; a lot of Hispanics worked hard for their citizenship and had to wait for it, or were in Texas for 10 generations and watched the border flip back and forth, Mexico, Texas, then the United States.

Governor Perry's wife is Hispanic and a nurse, and I think is a really strong influence on the man. He's trustworthy like a sheep dog. Some folks think he's not Ivy League brilliant enough for them, and I don't think that's so. I'd rather have an honest man in charge than some sly trickster that thinks he's smarter than everybody else, like Obama and half the U.S. Senate.

He gets points from me for being a former Air Force Captain in C-130's. Texas really had it's act together with accepting and caring for post-Katrina refugees, and is well-prepared for hurricanes with Texas Task Force One, a huge mobilization on the State level that is as solid as any military operation.

The Governor's stand on the Tenth Amendment and State Sovereignty is well known. If I were a Washington inside-the-beltway Federal Bloodsucker, I would hate and fear a President Perry because I think he could take them apart. He's stood up in person and in policy to the slimy Obama and has CALLED HIM OUT on any number of occasions.

I met the man in person in McBride's Gun Shop in Austin Texas and had a ten minute conversation with him about the future. I was pretty impressed. I doubt the man's perfect, none of us are, but I think he's up to the job. I think the Texas Swagger and Braggadocio would transfer well from a love of Texas which he shows to the larger love of the United States that's deep down inside. He's not John Wayne riding into town on a white horse to save the day, but he's got a good track record, kept the jobs coming to Texas, and kept the squabbling down to a dull roar. We could do a lot worse, and in fact we are.

Edited by QuietDan
typo