Is S&W anti 2A

Guest TnRebel

Guest TnRebel

I just found this on VGO and wondered if this is still the case ? I thought that S&W streated this out .

Smith & Wesson

SWLOGO.gif

NOTE: THE NEW OWNERS HAVE DONE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO FIX THE EGREGIOUS AGREEMENT THE PREVIOUS OWNERS SIGNED WITH THE CLINTON ADMINISTRATION. OUR CALL FOR A BOYCOTT OF SMITH & WESSON STILL STANDS!

The Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. is calling for all supporters of the Second Amendment to vote with their pocket books, and refuse to purchase any products from Smith & Wesson. This boycott is the only viable course of action against a corporate management which has agreed with the Clinton administration to impose regulations on the American people which they could not get from our elected representatives. Smith & Wesson has agreed to impose on its dealers requirements that they not sell guns at gun shows when private sales occur without a background check, even though such sales would otherwise be lawful. Further, each sale of Smith & Wesson firearms must include a written certification that the purchaser has obtained training in the safe handling and storage of firearms.

A more important issue is that guns cannot be transferred as allowed under the Brady Law if the background check is not completed in the legally allowed time. One must wait for the background check to be complete, even if it is dragged out for months. Remember how the National Instant Check System was down for days on the weekend of the so called 'Million Mom March?'

The sale of Smith & Wesson to a US based company is irrelevant to the issue. Neither the old company (Tompkins), nor the new company (then called Saf-T-Hammer), have done anything to void the March 17, 2000 agreement. At the February 2002 S. H. O. T. Show in Las Vegas, then Smith & Wesson President, Bob Scott, admitted to me and another activist, that the agreement is still in place, and if we get a new US President, it could immediately be enforced. Please look at the agreement to remind yourself as to how egregious is at:

http://www.justice.gov/archive/opd/AppendixD.html

The agreement contains nearly all of the items on the gun haters wish list. Please look at the web page. If it doesn't make you angry, you are not a supporter of the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. On principle, we oppose those who would ban Smith & Wesson's new gun, or any other gun. However, we hope no supporter of our gun rights will support Smith & Wesson by purchasing it, or any other of their guns, until they void the HUD agreement.

Let's be clear; Smith & Wesson cannot be allowed to hide behind the notion that we are better off that it is owned by a US company, than an UK company. So far, both companies are exactly the same; they both are supportive of the agreement they made with Clinton's HUD.

Related Links:

http://www.gunowners.org/a03210 0.htm

http://www.ustreas.gov/press/releases/ls551.htm

http://www.actioname rica.org/guns/swbetray.html

http://hunting. about.com/library/weekly/aa010515.htm

GRPC Resolution Concerning Smith & Wesson

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. I don't know if the agreement is 'still in place' or not. What I do know is that I have seen S&W guns being sold by dealers at the Knoxville gun shows where legal, private, face to face sales take place without a background check. I can also say that when I bought my 642 at my favorite LGS a few months back there wasn't any kind of certification regarding training, handling or storage - just a price that S&W had reduced by nearly $100 over the previous price.

I vote with my pocketbook. thumbsup.gif

I have bought more Smith & Wesson’s than I can count and hopefully I will be around long enough to buy many more.

Smith & Wesson supports gun rights and my country’s economy more than any gun company I can think of. Their customer support and interface is legendary in the industry and second to none.

rollfloor.gif Who wrote that article?

If you are going to focus on ancient issues then I recommend you do not ever buy Colt or Ruger either. Every major manufacturer has bent over for the government, courts, and/or special interests. S&W has been in the business, as a brand, longer that anyone else...continuously manufacturing handguns since 1852.

Guest Victor9er
If you are going to focus on ancient issues then I recommend you do not ever buy Colt or Ruger either. Every major manufacturer has bent over for the government, courts, and/or special interests. S&W has been in the business, as a brand, longer that anyone else...continuously manufacturing handguns since 1852.

And unlike another company who I won't mention, they didn't buy their name in an effort to make people believe they've been around longer than they really have been.

Guest bkelm18
And unlike another company who I won't mention, they didn't buy their name in an effort to make people believe they've been around longer than they really have been.

Does it rhyme with Shmingfield Shmarmory? :(

Unless he misses or he is facing a westside story size flashmob of hungry angry zombies villagers like in Gymkata. Just sayin. Me likes ze Smith & Wesson. I think we had this discussion bout export mgmt/manufacturing jobs. Plenty of great American manufactured (read not imported thru smyrna, ga) guns available. Don't need to support austria, brazil, italy, croatia, etc. Great guns yes but corporate money goin back overseas from us plants of foreign/multi national

via EPIC4G SRF1.1.0 by Android Creative Syndicate

"No honest man needs over 10 rounds in any gun".

- OS

A ban of "CLIPS" that hold over 10 rounds never bothered me. I've told anti-gun dolts that i've never had a "CLIP" that held over 10 rounds nor do I know of any. :)

HCClip.jpg

Edited by K191145
Guest bkelm18
Yes, Smith & Wesson is anti-Second Amendment. It is one of the many reasons I don’t buy their products; also I don’t buy Colt or Ruger products for the same reason.

:D:screwy:

Yes, Smith & Wesson is anti-Second Amendment. It is one of the many reasons I don’t buy their products; also I don’t buy Colt or Ruger products for the same reason.

Don't leave much of a choice in American made guns, or do you strictly buy hi points.;)

Can you back that up with evidence or is that another opinionated "read it on the interwebz, so it's gotta be true" statement.

We all know Bill Ruger was a snake in the grass, but hey, He's dead:clap:

and Ruger as a company, did an immediate about face.

AND, how can ANY gun company be "Anti 2nd amendment"? Yes there are times when their business dealings are less than palatable to us as citizens, but CEO's do not have the luxury of high morals. They have profit margins to maintain, employee job security to maintain, basically a business to keep afloat. No one likes it, but it's a live to fight another day policy. They COULD go bankrupt/belly up and produce no guns.:) OR make a 10 round pistols and leave it to someone else to engineer a way around it.

Really though, to call a gun manufacturer "Anti 2nd ammendment"? That's like a corporation of neo-nazis marketing Matzah ball soup!

Edited by Caster
Don't leave much of a choice in American made guns, or do you strictly buy hi points.:)
I dig the Massachusetts Moonie guns.

- OS

Kel Tec is and American company based in Cocoa Beach, Florida.

Isn't Charter an American company?

Don't leave much of a choice in American made guns, or do you strictly buy hi points.:rolleyes:

Really? LWRC, Nighthawk, Wilson, Knight’s, Daniel Defense, LaRue, Ed Brown, Noveske, Les Baer, Remington, Sig, and Kimber for a start.

I’m sure I left a few off if you need more.

Can you back that up with evidence or is that another opinionated "read it on the interwebz, so it's gotta be true" statement.

We all know Bill Ruger was a snake in the grass, but hey, He's dead:clap:

and Ruger as a company, did an immediate about face.

AND, how can ANY gun company be "Anti 2nd amendment"? Yes there are times when their business dealings are less than palatable to us as citizens, but CEO's do not have the luxury of high morals. They have profit margins to maintain, employee job security to maintain, basically a business to keep afloat. No one likes it, but it's a live to fight another day policy. They COULD go bankrupt/belly up and produce no guns.:rolleyes: OR make a 10 round pistols and leave it to someone else to engineer a way around it.

Really though, to call a gun manufacturer "Anti 2nd ammendment"? That's like a corporation of neo-nazis marketing Matzah ball soup!

Colt’s CEO Ron Stewart stated that he would favor a federal permit system with training and testing for gun ownership in a 1998 Washington Post interview.

On March 30, 1989, Bill Ruger sent a letter to every member of the US Congress stating: "The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives."-William B. Ruger

Now I know these events occurred some time ago, but they still happened and they are anti-Second Amendment in my opinion.