Scariest place you go without a gun?

Guest msparks

Guest msparks

Well I don't want to sound like I'm paranoid or something, but every so often I travel to Chicago, IL. This place is a 'hole. It's like the most anti-gun place there is, and probably the place where you would most need to have one.

My Fiance works up there and I go visit her during the week, I had been going up on the Interstate, (24 to 57) but had started going through Indiana since the TN HCP works there. The only time I dont' have my gun is when I cross into IL which is the last 70 miles or so.

Are there any places you go that are as scary?

BTW, at least I don't have to go into the actual City of Chicago. She actually stays in the western suburbs about 35 miles from the city and a long ways from the southside.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justluck

My back yard. A renter near my back yard has (at any given time) 6-10 pit bulls chained up in his back yard. In the past, two have gotten loose for a short while.

My back yard. A renter near my back yard has (at any given time) 6-10 pit bulls chained up in his back yard. In the past, two have gotten loose for a short while.

That's a lot of dogs. Too many, in some jurisdictions. What's the local law say?

Chained up? Some jursidictions would consider 'chained up' as animal abuse.

Also, a renter. Does the home-OWNER know? Some have lease provisions that say no dogs or only one or two dogs. Also, pit bulls. Home-OWNER might not want the liability, if they knew. They can lose their homeowner's insurance, if the insurance company finds out and the home-OWNER does nothing.

Also, that much vicious dog protection just screams meth lab. . . . or dog-fighting breeder. . . . you might find that the police or the sheriff would be way-far interested.

Also, there's a cayenne-pepper based can of stuff available at home depot to sprinkle on your fence line that the dogs just can't stand and stay away from, their noses being so sensitive and all. And it's all on your side of the property line.

Nothing personal. Just business. I bet a lawyer could make quick work of this. Lawyer means you don't have to get in a pi$$ing match over the back fence . . . .

Best wishes to you. Been there.

Edited by QuietDan
Guest lostpass
Chucky Cheese. And reconsidering that. The crumbsnatchers terrify me.

oh yeah, if one of those machines stops paying out tickets I shudder to imagine the adults only carnage that would ensue. I can imagine bloodied adults being slowly kicked to death with lighted, flashing shoes while burbling "now children" through swollen blood filled mouths.

Honestly being beaten to death by four year olds shouldn't be much of a worry. They will hammer you for a while but the skeeball machine will distract them. The real worry, the thing to be feared, is that the pizza will kill your soul. You know it's bad pizza but you eat it because it is there. Suddenly even Totinos seems okay. You've fallen in the trap of bad pizza.

Sadly, no matter how many rounds you out into the pizza that awful stuff still wins.

Guest msparks

You can't go armed in your back yard? I know with dogs like that around I sure would be. At least have several good clubs laying around.

Guest lostpass

Nothing personal. Just business. I bet a lawyer could make quick work of this. Lawyer means you don't have to get in a pi$$ing match over the back fence . . . .

Best wishes to you. Been there.

been there too and my lawyer told me that it would be easier and cheaper to just kill the dogs. Poison them or whatever. the liability is low (hey they may love the dogs but digs have a value and it is pretty low), proving it is going to be really hard, (pay cash for the wafarin and ground beef) and so on.

I couldn't do it. The dogs bugged the hell outta me but I couldn't blame them for them for the faults of the owner. I built a privacy fence and sold the house.

I would also add that if you worry about deadly aggressive pit bulls you are not worrying about the dogs, you're worrying about the owner.

Jury duty at 201 Poplar in Memphis. :D

Nothing worse being unarmed Downtown, especially since I am in a wheelchair.

P.S.

Illinois can kiss my a%$! Worst state ever!:D

Edited by Bane

In my last two jury duty stints(incidentally wth the same judge) they asked if there was any other reasons you felt incapable of being able to sit. If not me id love to be on the wall with some wings when the answer is "this place is full of guilty criminals that should be hanged & I'm worried my judgement may be clouded from fear since I'm not permitted to bring any weapons for self protection" *cricketchirp-chirp*

via EPIC4G SRF1.1.0 by Android Creative Syndicate

Guest justluck
You can't go armed in your back yard? I know with dogs like that around I sure would be. At least have several good clubs laying around.

Actually, I do carry (9mm & pepper spray) when mowing the lawn and when my 5 year old granddaughter comes to spend the day and while taking my daily walk. Still the thought of a real encounter is a scary one.

I wouldn’t want to live in Chicago, but I love to go there to party; great city. I got my HCP after almost getting car jacked in Memphis.

I’ve travelled all over the country, Memphis and Detroit are the two places I can think of right off the top of my head I wouldn’t want to be without a gun.

Guest msparks
Now that I am unemployed…the shower
You could do like my daughter does with her cell phone. Put it in a plastic bag. If you have to use it, just shoot through the bag.
Guest pfries
You could do like my daughter does with her cell phone. Put it in a plastic bag. If you have to use it, just shoot through the bag.

I guess since my EDC is an XD i could just take it in with me and clean it to...:D