Reaction to Obama's Job Speech

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted on facebook after the speech. "If at first you don't succeed in destroying our economy, try, try, and try again. OBAMA IS A MORON!" 2 trillion in "stimulus" did nothing but 450 Billion more will fix everything. If there is one republican that votes for this crap we should not even let them run in the primaries for their office!

Let's see, after spending trillions, going deeply in debt, creating reams of regulations and worthless government programs, he has a 'new' solution. He wants to spend more money, go further in debt, create new regulations and worthless government programs. Yeah, sure.

It is admirable if what he spoke about is the truth. But realistically it is all lip service to try to get votes.

He is going to get another term. It is all because of the morons that take what he says as the truth. A guy was in the store yesterday gloating about how Obama is great. He was asked what he has done great for the economy. His response was Bush ruined the economy and Obama is doing his best. When asked about the unemployment he said Bush caused that too.

It seems as though they know Obama isn't doing anything well but if they make everyone else look bad then Obama must look good.

One thing that did concern me was the statement regarding collective bargaining rights. It goes along with his pro union views. I bet there will be legislation or executive order to ensure collective bargaining rights are here to stay. Unions are the biggest reason there is such a high cost for some items. I wish I could make $80 an hour.

Dolomite

Guest TresOsos
What's different from what D***a** Bush dId? Bush put us in a hole from which

we will probably never recover. Obama is just copying Bush. Never trust a politician.. NEVER.

So Bush's Approx 450 Billion a year deficit put us in a hole we will never recover from.....ok let say that's true.

Then how did Obama coming in and tripling the deficiit to approx 1.3 trillion his first year and 1.5 trillion plus each subsequent year help that situation. The fact of the matter is that you can't spend what you don't have for ever and ever and this has been building for a very long time. The cause of our economic problems are much much deeper than just Bush caused it and I don't feel like writing a book to explain it. But good luck with Bush caused it, I do know that Obama and the current political establishment don't have the courage to fix it and sorry, but Obama owns it at this point.

I can do that. Obama can give me the money, all 450 billion, and I will create all kinds of jobs with it, from the team managing my new bankroll to the crew of my new airplane and more. Im sure the guys down at the gun store would have some job security for a year or 5 as I picked up all those things I want but cannot afford. Any idiot can borrow a ton of money, hire a bunch of people and live like a king until the creditors come calling. Duh? Its not really anything new though... if Obama had a real idea, he would have tried it by now. This is just part of his campaign.... if it passes, he gets to claim its working but needs more time, re-elect me. If it does not pass, its the evil republicans who do not want to create jobs, re-elect me! For job creation, it gets a big fat zero. For political genius and exploitation of the circumstances to create a win-win no matter what re-election campaign, it gets at least a 90/100.

Guest Lester Weevils
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over. If 6 trillion didn't do the trick, maybe another 400 billion will. :screwy:

Yep to be fair both sides are out of ammo and original ideas. Last night on Fox and on the Wednesday R debate all the R candidates preach that more tax cuts will fix it. And of course O is pushing extended SS tax cuts too. If tax cuts would work then the economy ought to be going great by now.

Maybe certain corporate tax cuts or forgiveness of corporations bringing money back home could do some good? I'm not saying that because I'm convinced it would work. Am only allowing that we don't know for sure that corporate cuts won't work until it has been tried. You never know fer sure until you try, regardless how dumb or brilliant an idea may look before it is tried. Anyway, most jobs come from small business and many small businesses are not corporations and they do not have any offshore money. So I can't see how corporate tax cuts would affect most small business one way or t'other.

More of the same as the 2002 tax cuts or the numerous $1000 per family tax cuts before the crash, or the on-going SS tax cut-- Those have not helped. The only way you can justify that those tax cuts helped, is the same way D's justify the crazy spending-- "If we had not done it then the economy would be even more worser". That is a weak argument to bolster either of the failed strategies.

More tax cuts seem the same insanity as more spending-- If it ain't worked by now then more of the same probably won't work any better. If they want to give me a tax cut I won't refuse it. It probably won't do much good is all.

A tax cut in context of a balanced fed budget might work better. But a tax cut paired with deficit spending is merely keynsian stimulus. The economy appears immune to keynsian stimulus at the moment. Like back in the stagflation era.

The market responded well. :screwy:

- OS

Market Summary

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Market Summary

[TABLE=class: accordion_view]

[TR=class: tab selected]

[TD=class: ticker_name]Dow[/TD]

[TD]10,961.33[/TD]

[TD=class: ticker_down]-334.48[/TD]

[TD=class: right_cell ticker_down]-2.96%[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: accordion_view]

[TR=class: tab selected]

[TD=class: ticker_name]Dow[/TD]

[TD]10,961.56[/TD]

[TD=class: ticker_down]-334.25[/TD]

[TD=class: right_cell ticker_down]-2.96%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 4]image;size=239x110[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: tab]

[TD=class: ticker_name]Nasdaq[/TD]

[TD]2,457.48[/TD]

[TD=class: ticker_down]-71.66[/TD]

[TD=class: right_cell ticker_down]-2.83%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 4]transparent.gif[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: ticker_name]S&P 500[/TD]

[TD]1,150.99[/TD]

[TD=class: ticker_down]-34.91[/TD]

[TD=class: right_cell ticker_down]-2.94%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TD=class: ticker_name]10 Yr Bond(%)[/TD]

[TD]1.9150%[/TD]

[TD=class: right_cell ticker_down, colspan: 2]-0.0710[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TD=class: ticker_name]Oil[/TD]

[TD]87.22[/TD]

[TD=class: ticker_down]-1.83[/TD]

[TD=class: right_cell ticker_down]-2.06%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TD=class: ticker_name]Gold[/TD]

[TD]1,857.00[/TD]

[TD=class: ticker_up]+2.60[/TD]

[TD=class: right_cell ticker_up]+0.14%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Customize summary

Until American retailers (Wal-Mart, Macy's, Sears, etc.) get their collective heads our of their asses, we'll continue down the path of economic ruin. I hate paying top dollar for products made in communist or third world countries. Right now every job is for entry level pay and you're lucky to get that. Falling home prices, 401Ks losing thousands every month, illegals taking over entire neighborhoods, skyrocketing prices, it's enough to make every red blooded America to scream.

Until American retailers (Wal-Mart, Macy's, Sears, etc.) get their collective heads our of their asses, we'll continue down the path of economic ruin. I hate paying top dollar for products made in communist or third world countries. Right now every job is for entry level pay and you're lucky to get that. Falling home prices, 401Ks losing thousands every month, illegals taking over entire neighborhoods, skyrocketing prices, it's enough to make every red blooded America to scream.

Our current financial woes fall directly on the shoulders of the people making it harder to do business in America. Walmart has nothing to do with it!

First, that the United States is now governed by a “permanent political class,” drawn from both parties, that is increasingly cut off from the concerns of regular people. Second, that these Republicans and Democrats have allied with big business to mutual advantage to create what is called “corporate crony capitalism.” Third, that the real political divide in the United States may no longer be between friends and foes of Big Government, but between friends and foes of vast, remote, unaccountable institutions (both public and private).

Anyone know who said this?

Isn't interesting that Jeffery Immelt Head of GE sat with M Obama to watch the speech. How many jobs has he sent overseas to China ? Anyone Know? How much in taxes has GE not had to Pay? Anyone? Who thought it was funny besides Obama that there were no Shovel ready jobs ? Any One Know? The list of questions can go on and on ? Perhaps the US President has been taken over by stronger corporate interests which have no care for what happens to the so-called little people.... Why does Buffet whine about taxes yet Berkshire his Company owes billions to the IRS ?

Really does any of this make a lick of sense ?

Wal-Mart is the epitome of The Great American Success Story. The American public has voted overwhelmingly.

But talk about the canary in the coalmine syndrome: Wal-Mart is in it's worst sales slump in its history. There's no lower bottom, if the public can't afford to shop there, short of flea markets.

- OS

Why does Maxine Waters, Pelosi, reid, durbin, kerry Hoyer think they can continue to denigrate people without ill effect, Could it be because they know they are safe when election time comes ? Until Term Limits are put into place so these rascals can't stay for a lifetime nothing will be accomplished.

Same with the balance budget, until it is place they will continue to spend our money for what keeps them in power..

Wal-Mart is the epitome of The Great American Success Story. The American public has voted overwhelmingly.

But talk about the canary in the coalmine syndrome: Wal-Mart is in it's worst sales slump in its history. There's no lower bottom, if the public can't afford to shop there, short of flea markets.

- OS

there used to be a sayiong in real estate buy under 100,000 because everyone can afford that price point no matter how bad it gets. Not sure that holds true today, same with walmart lower income people are more affected by the poor economy.

Guest GunTroll

It was a speech for idiots. Obama the job provider vs. R's the job(s) blocker. If you buy into that, which surely many will, you are....an idiot and he was talking to you.

I believe he said "pass this bill" about 20 times. No need to read it, just ram it down our throats like obamacare. He must have gotten a pep talk from Pelosi prior to showtime.

Now he will blame everything on the Republicans between now and election time, who didn't see that coming. :tough: What an idiot.

Is it me or has he lost all creditability? (assuming he ever had any). :P

I think he wanted to talk to the middle class but once again he's clueless, the majority of the middle class consists of the Tea Party and they are sick of him and government.

Gawd, I wish this would end sooner.

No one party is responsible for this. Very swinging Richard in Washington is at fault, regardless of party. The sooner the American people realize this and stop voting blindly for a party and instead start voting for a man or woman that is trustworthy (if there is such a thing) and can do the job, then we might see some change. All Parties care about is power and rule! I'm sick of the whole business!