October 15, 2011 - Middle TN Meet & Shoot @ CMHR

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was today.

Big +1 to piercedan and Mrs. piercedan for coordinating the food. Good choice.

It's always good to meet TGOers and put faces to names. I had a great time and was able to break in 3 brand new shooters today. I think they're hooked. A big thanks to Wildogre for helping with that on the fly.

Yes, thanks to every one who organized the event. Sorry I didn't get to meet many of the guys and gals but my three kids were keeping me busy. :D I will say, personally, my highlight was watching my 8 yr old daughter shoot the STG E4 (Aug clone) and then asking me if she could shoot the Rossi 92. She liked the E4 and was a pretty good shot with it, but she LOVED the 92! Wasn't as accurate on it as the E4 or Marlin 60, but she kept asking for more ammo! Love it! I see more range visits with he in the future where we can work on actual shooting skills. :D

Also, thanks to Taylor for letting us shoot his MP5 SD .22 he picked up at D&T this morning. GREAT fun gun. I was debating getting one and now it has moved up on the list.

Great time IMO! Can't wait for the next one.

Yes, thanks to every one who organized the event. Sorry I didn't get to meet many of the guys and gals but my three kids were keeping me busy. :yuck: I will say, personally, my highlight was watching my 8 yr old daughter shoot the STG E4 (Aug clone) and then asking me if she could shoot the Rossi 92. She liked the E4 and was a pretty good shot with it, but she LOVED the 92! Wasn't as accurate on it as the E4 or Marlin 60, but she kept asking for more ammo! Love it! I see more range visits with he in the future where we can work on actual shooting skills. :D

Also, thanks to Taylor for letting us shoot his MP5 SD .22 he picked up at D&T this morning. GREAT fun gun. I was debating getting one and now it has moved up on the list.

Great time IMO! Can't wait for the next one.

I've even got the video of her shooting the AUG to prove it. I'll put it in with some of the other shooting vids tonight or Tomo and send ya the link!

Awesome day.

A fair number of young ones shooting under the strict supervision of their parents and other adults.

Range was neat, clean, orderly, well managed; range users were respectful of range owners' rules and property.

Beautiful, sunny, cool day.

Excellent food and plenty of it; nicely, cleanly laid out.

Awesome!

I'm adding in pictures, please bear with me I haven't done this a lot. Members in pictures are encouraged to identify themselves, I didn't get everyone's name. If there is a picture that needs to be pulled, tell me why in a pm.

DSCN9998.jpgDSCN9995.jpgDSCN0040.jpgDSCN0038.jpgDSCN0037.jpgDSCN0034.jpgDSCN0032.jpgDSCN0030.jpgDSCN0028.jpgDSCN0027.jpgDSCN0025.jpgDSCN0024.jpgDSCN0018.jpgDSCN0016.jpgDSCN0015.jpgDSCN0014.jpgDSCN0012.jpgDSCN0010.jpgDSCN0009.jpg

Edited by QuietDan
Add pictures
  • Administrator
i'm confused. was this event today (sat 15th) or is it tomorrow ? Thanks

Heh... it's funny you should post that. Somehow I had read it to be Sunday as well, and had a full day of other commitments for Saturday. When I realized what happened I ended up meeting piercedan early yesterday morning to hand off the bottled water, soft drinks and chips we were going to take to the range, since I knew there was no way I could make it out there yesterday.

I think I may end up going shooting today anyway.

Heh... it's funny you should post that. Somehow I had read it to be Sunday as well, and had a full day of other commitments for Saturday. When I realized what happened I ended up meeting piercedan early yesterday morning to hand off the bottled water, soft drinks and chips we were going to take to the range, since I knew there was no way I could make it out there yesterday.

I think I may end up going shooting today anyway.

the wife & I are heading to the range after lunch today (sun 16th). may see you there

Took some video from the shoot yesterday! Smith's 8yr old daughter stole the show though when she started shooting his "AUG Clone". She is at the end of the video. Enjoy!!!

Taylor, thanks for the video. Made me so proud watching her shoot that gun. She said it "kinda" hurt and she really liked working that lever on the Rossi 92. She made the 5.56 look like a big gun! haha!

BTW - great pictures Dan. Thanks for taking them and sharing.

Edited by Smith