Dolomite's Trigger Improvement Kit Review

Karnage

I received my kit in the mail on Friday. I anxiously opened the package and looked at the parts. After reading the installation instructions my first thought was wow, why didn't I think of that? The instructions are very well written and I think that anyone even without any prior knowledge of the AR platform could easily install the kit. Installation took about five minutes. The only tools needed are a straight screwdriver, 1/8" hex wrench, and a 3/16" hex wrench. After installation of the kit there is absolutely zero take up on the trigger. After releasing the trigger the trigger returns to the point of reset and no further.

Pros

1. Easy Installation.
  2. Makes a noticeable difference in trigger.
  3. Does not permanently alter your firearm.

Cons

1. None that I have found.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/gear-classifieds/62262-ar-trigger-improvement-kits.html

Thanks again for the kit Mr. & Mrs. Dolomite. I think you have a great product and I wish you the best of luck.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why this is called Dolomite's Trigger Improvement kit; I understood this to be an en devour by his boss - Tulip. :tinfoil:

I received a kit on Thursday and just got around to installing it today. First and foremost, the kit does exactly what is advertised. It takes up almost all the pre-travel on your AR trigger. It is simple to install and does not permanently alter the firearm in any way. Instructions are simple and easy-to-follow.

Two thumbs up! I'll be ordering more for my upcoming AR builds.

I'm not sure why this is called Dolomite's Trigger Improvement kit; I understood this to be an en devour by his boss - Tulip. :)

I received a kit on Thursday and just got around to installing it today. First and foremost, the kit does exactly what is advertised. It takes up almost all the pre-travel on your AR trigger. It is simple to install and does not permanently alter the firearm in any way. Instructions are simple and easy-to-follow.

Two thumbs up! I'll be ordering more for my upcoming AR builds.

Just between you and me.. we let him think he is in charge... :biglol:

Guest GunTroll

I too tried this trigger improvement. The best ideas are usually the simplest. This is one of those. Very easy to install. No irreversible alterations to anything. It does as describes. I believe the first post in this thread is spot on with the description of the improvement.

I will not comment on who wears what. But thanks to both of you!

I got the kit promptly after ordering. I installed it on my S&W M&P 15 and it did nothing. Literally. After exchanging emails back and forth with Dolomite, we decided that my lower was not drilled/tapped all the way through and without modification, the kit just wasn't going to work.

I put that gun back together and installed the kit on my Stag. The gun did not have a lot of pre-travel but after installing the kit, it had zero.

Excellent support during my trials and tribulations. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Got mine this week. Installed and range tested it today. Quality parts and there is absolutely no take up on the trigger at all now. The trigger when from a mushy take up to none at all with a crisp break.

The only problem I had was that I installed it according to the instructions but had trouble with the trigger not wanting to reset. I backed it out a bit 2 or 3 times and finally found the spot where the reset was no trouble and the take up was still 100% eliminated. Disclaimer: this could have been due to the fact that the trigger, as well as the rest of the gun, were brand new and never fired before installation. So it could have been a break in issue.

I highly recommend this kit! Well worth the $. Much cheaper than a new trigger.

Got mine this week. Installed and range tested it today. Quality parts and there is absolutely no take up on the trigger at all now. The trigger when from a mushy take up to none at all with a crisp break.

The only problem I had was that I installed it according to the instructions but had trouble with the trigger not wanting to reset. I backed it out a bit 2 or 3 times and finally found the spot where the reset was no trouble and the take up was still 100% eliminated. Disclaimer: this could have been due to the fact that the trigger, as well as the rest of the gun, were brand new and never fired before installation. So it could have been a break in issue.

I highly recommend this kit! Well worth the $. Much cheaper than a new trigger.

What nomally causes this is if the set screw was installed with the gun on fire. But it is also possible for it to occur with it on safe because of tolerance stacking. The amount you need to back it out to correct the issue is very minor and has no affect of the performance of the kit.

And this is a perfect example of how safe the kit is. The only thing that can happen is the trigger will refuse to reset if installed incorrectly or if the rifle's part tolerance stack against you. The trigger will be not be any more unsafe that before the install.

With what you described I bet the trigger is phenominal now compared to before.

Hope you enjoy and as alsways if you have any questions or concerns feel free to ask.

Dolomite

Just got through installing mine. I have not shot it yet but can feel a great improvement in the trigger. I can tell I'm going to be happy with it. Thanks Dolomite.

Two comments:

1 There is a reason it says twice to make sure the gun is on safety. The safety is loose while installing this kit and moves very easy if you don't pay attention. If it moves while installing this kit it affects proper operation if the gun.

2 The function check is very important. That is how I knew something was not right. My hammer did not lock back with the trigger pulled so I went back through the installation again and figured out where I went wrong.