Tonight's Debate

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember: This is the SAME process which got McCain nominated. I expect about the same out of this round.

(Wish a few of the other GOP candidates had more coverage...)

Hope Perry is a "flavor of the month" candidate.

I wasted no time watching it. It matters not who won it. They will all sell us out ( with the exception of Ron Paul) and I could care less who the candidates end up being.

meant to add Herman Cain. I trust him too.

Edited by Mike.357
Guest ThePunisher

Perry was not too Presidential tonight. I don't believe he will get nomination. Cain will be a good VP choice. Newt is the best debater and smartest of them all, but will not win nomination. So I believe Romney will be nominee. Any of them will be better than Obuma, even a monkey would be better.

Perry seems to be blowing it in the debates. Newt is the best and most relaxed. Cain is a straight shooter; wish he could get some better coverage. Johnson is a little on the eccentric side but had some good ideas. Santoruim looks clownish. Bachman luv her, but no way the democrats are going to let the repub's have the 1st woman president or vp, that's reserved for Hillary. Romney was the winner from last night, but to he is Obama in Repub's clothing, He just wants to win but in fairness to him he has the credentials to be a president. Ron Paul is a curmudgeon.. He needs to go away.. MY 2 cents

After seeing Newt in the debates, I think I could support him. Newt & Cain might make a good combo...

Edited by JG55
Perry seems to be blowing it in the debates. Newt is the best and most relaxed. Cain is a straight shooter; wish he could get some better coverage. Johnson is a little on the eccentric side but had some good ideas. Santoruim looks clownish. Bachman luv her, but no way the democrats are going to let the repub's have the 1st woman president or vp, that's reserved for Hillary. Romney was the winner from last night, but to he is Obama in Repub's clothing, He just wants to win but in fairness to him he has the credentials to be a president. Ron Paul is a curmudgeon.. He needs to go away.. MY 2 cents

After seeing Newt in the debates, I think I could support him. Newt & Cain might make a good combo...

I was thinking Cain & Newt. Newt's got some baggage that might hold him back as the primary man, but possibly not as the vice...man, if that happened, I would envision him being not a vice like Biden, but more like Cheney...as integral part of the administration...He's quite obviously the smartest of all the candidates, and as an actual working vice, Cain could and would take full advantage of his abilities....this could really work.

I was thinking Cain & Newt. Newt's got some baggage that might hold him back as the primary man, but possibly not as the vice...man, if that happened, I would envision him being not a vice like Biden, but more like Cheney...as integral part of the administration...He's quite obviously the smartest of all the candidates, and as an actual working vice, Cain could and would take full advantage of his abilities....this could really work.

Great minds... that would work for me also, my only concern is how well Cain can debate. I just believe Newt would do a much more effective job against Obama in the debates than Cain would mainly because of his experience. Either way I agree they would make an effective team...

It's going to be another "hold your nose and vote GOP."

I believe you are correct in that prediction.

I was reading today that Christie (although he denies it) is giving second thoughts on entering the race. I don't consider him all that conservative.

Guest Lester Weevils
It's going to be another "hold your nose and vote GOP."

I wouldn't do it last time, but just must this time.

- OS

As a TN voter, dunno if there is any way I could vote either in the primary or general, which could affect the result. Maybe donating money to a campaign would make a diff, but dunno if that would even matter this time around.

Huckabee won the TN primary last time, somebody I would never have thunk about voting. Unless the average TN voter has radically changed since then, whoever wins the TN primary will most likely leave me wondering, "What were people thinking?" Not saying they are wrong. Just saying it is difficult to understand the reasoning.

Am guessing that TN will primary select either Romney or the worst possible conservative hyper-religious alternative. Maybe somebody who believes that the world was created 6000 years ago.

I can safely vote for Cain or Paul or Johnson without having any kind of effect on the primary, except to drive up the percentage of "alternate-libertarian" votes which MAY affect viability of future libertarian-oriented candidates in future races, when the party insiders post-mortem crunch the numbers looking for an edge in future elections.

Maybe lots of Tennesseeans have turned libertarian over the last 3 years but I'll believe it when I see it.

Similarly, in the general election-- TN will vote whatever RINO is on the ticket regardless who I vote for. Obama ain't gonna carry TN. I can stay home, vote the libertarian party candidate, vote Obama, write-in Basil Marceaux, or vote the RINO of the hour without affecting the ultimate result. The election will be decided in other states. Maybe the only conceivable diff I could make would be to take a road trip to easy-voter-fraud battleground states voting against Obama as many places possible. Just wear hispanic makeup and pretend not to speak english and vote as many states I can hit in a day! :D

The Republican nominee:

I want a nominee that will make fiscally sound choices, reduce the size of gov't, protect our borders from illegal immigration, stand up to the UN/World Court, and keep us safe from terrorists.

At this point I will settle for a fiscal conservative with at least an inkling of national pride.

What I expect to get is Romney instead.

Saw enough of Romney when i lived in CT for 6 years. No thanks.

Perry,never even considered it.

Cain,gut telling me no.

Newt divorced his wife while she battled cancer. That's all i need to know about his moral character.

Bachman just doesn't get me convinced. Don't know why.

Looks like Ron Paul is getting my vote again. I'd consider Palin or Ventura though if they ran.

I believe you are correct in that prediction.

I was reading today that Christie (although he denies it) is giving second thoughts on entering the race. I don't consider him all that conservative.

He is absolutely NO friend of the gun owner, heard him on Hannity saying he felt NJ's gun laws were "about right".

- OS

Christie might make a budget hawk, but he is a RINO, and like OS said, He doesn't like guns.

I'm not too sure about his other views, except that he did a good job against the unions.

Still not enough for me to vote for him.

Santorum sounds like a conservative, but his past wasn't that way.

Cain and Bachmann, either order would work for me. But if somehow Palin got in the race,

I would vote for her. I think she will be sitting it out and supporting the Tea Party person.

I think she is having too much fun screwing with the media.

Herman Cain won the FL Straw Poll. Great news, sticks the finger in the eyes of Perry and RinoRomney as well as the media I'd think.

I hope he continues to do well.

1. Herman Cain, 37.1%

2. Rick Perry, 15.4%

3. Mitt Romney, 14%

4. Rick Santorum, 10.9%

5. Ron Paul, 10.4%

6. Newt Gingrich, 8.4%

7. Jon Huntsman, 2.3%

8. Michele Bachmann, 1.5%

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...