Your Zombie-Killing Soundtrack

Guest Revelator

Guest Revelator

Ok, we've had threads on zombie guns, zombie ammo, zombie movies, zombie escape plans, and many, many other topics. Now it's time for the zombie soundtrack.

Put some thought into this. Zombies have descended on your neighborhood, or they've discovered your remote wilderness redoubt. Time to grab the 12 gauge, the Kalashnikov, the chainsaw, whatever's your weapon of choice. But wait. You're going to need some music to go along with this lead delivery clinic you're about to teach. What songs would you have programmed on your ipod or other listening device as you obliterate hordes of undead? What's going to really inspire you to mow down packs of rabid, flesh-craving mutants? Here are my top five, in no particular order:

Scars on Broadway--They Say

Rolling Stones--Gimme Shelter

Hendrix-- Voodoo Child

Curtis Stigers & The Forest Rangers--John the Revelator

Ozzy--I Don't Know

Edited by P. Stegall

No particular order:

Danzig-"Mother"

Turbonegro-"All My Friends Are Dead"

Misfits-"Night Of The Living Dead" (C'mon, there's no way I could have left this one out)

Rolling Stones- "Paint It Black"

Blood For Blood- "White Trash Anthem"

The Eagles Of Death Metal- "Flames Go Higher"

The Distillers- pretty much anything off "Coral Fang"

The Sickness - Paul Anka (Disturbed cover)

Tighten Up - The Black Keys

Flash of the Blade - Iron Maiden

One - Metallica

Land of Confusion - Disturbed (Genesis cover)

Click Click Boom - Saliva

I Got a Woman - John Mayer (Ray Charles cover - just to remind me why I'm fighting :biglol: )

Higher Ground - Red Hot Chili Peppers (Stevie Wonder cover)

Bodies - Drowning Pool

I guess that would be a good start.

Guest Broomhead

I'd have to agree with a few of the previous songs mentioned...

Hendrix - Voodoo Child, Purple Haze, Star-Spangled Banner

System Of A Down - Boom

Marilyn Manson - The Beautiful People, The Dope Show, Sweet Dreams

Linkin Park - Numb, Papercut, Bleed it out

Drowning Pool - Bodies

Saliva - Click Click Boom

Any of Apocalyptica's faster stuff.Fatboy Slim - Weapon of Choice, Gangster Trippin, Rockafeller Skank, Wonderful Night, Praise You

Just a short list. I hope the folks at Slacker are smart enough to hunker down and not get killed/turned. I don't have much of an .mp3 collection at the moment and I'd be screwed without them.

not to be the elephant in the room...

kansas - dust in the wind

john denver - sunshine on my shoulder

arlo guthrie - darkest hour

styx - come sail away

george michael - careless whisper

boston - more than a feeling

reo speedwagon - can't fight this feeling

the carpenters - rainy days & mondays

the key to the happiness quotient is powered noise-canceling headphones

Guest Broomhead
I'm seeing a lot of good driving to work in the morning music.:D

Keep it coming. :(

That's where most of mine come from, though I don't drive to work anymore. I do enjoy driving, by myself, with the windows down and the music cranked, though I hate people that thump their systems so loud that my car shakes from 30 feet away.