Finally got a CZ

Guest Burgan

I finally settled on the handgun I wanted to purchase for my first gun. Picked up a CZ-85B 16+1 in the black polycoat. Took it to the range today and ran the first 100 rounds through it.

Then came to a few conclusions:

-If you hold a CZ in one hand and a Glock in the other, the CZ feels like a brick.

-The heft of the CZ makes the recoil of the 9mm hardly noticeable

-I need to start buying ammo from places besides the range since I spent about $28 on 100 rounds of Aluminum cased CCI Blazer ammo (since they were out of the usual Blazer brass I shoot)

-Very happy with my decision of the purchase

-I need to invest in a Mag loader like the HKS mag loader.

Overall, I am definetly pleased with my purchase.:tinfoil: I think the next one in line would be a CZ in the 40S&W, but the 9mm does its job well.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

The only pistol mag loader worth owning need is the UpLula made by MagLula. IMO of course.

I did enjoy my CZ P-01. Felt great in the hand and was built like a tank.

Guest WyattEarp
I finally settled on the handgun I wanted to purchase for my first gun. Picked up a CZ-85B 16+1 in the black polycoat. Took it to the range today and ran the first 100 rounds through it.

-If you hold a CZ in one hand and a Glock in the other, the CZ feels like a brick.

-I need to start buying ammo from places besides the range since I spent about $28 on 100 rounds of Aluminum cased CCI Blazer ammo (since they were out of the usual Blazer brass I shoot)

Overall, I am definetly pleased with my purchase.:rolleyes: I think the next one in line would be a CZ in the 40S&W, but the 9mm does its job well.

I love my CZ 75 P-07 Duty. I haven't fired it yet, but i love the look, how it fits my hand, all of the functions, and it's a nice mid-size hangun, and in an IWB very easy to conceal. Monday I'm finally off to the range to test fire it for the first time. I've been so overloaded with college homework, I haven't had time for anything else. Time to go exterminate some paper targets with extreme prejudice :up:

If you're looking for a .40 S&W I'd look into the P-07 Duty .40 or the CZ 75 P-06. you can do a trigger job on the P-06, but not on the P-07.

CZ P07 DUTY cal. 40 S&W, polymer frame, black polycoat - 12rd magazine

CZ P06 cal. 40 S&W 91185 01185

CZ's...will out shoot a Glock any day of the week.

I don't know about THAT :rolleyes:, but I did love my CZ's. The carry weight just eventually became too much of an issue for me, and I let them go. I miss them, but I'm very satisfied with Glock.

Enjoy that CZ; it will be one of the best shooters you'll ever own.

If you're looking for a .40 S&W I'd look into the P-07 Duty .40 or the CZ 75 P-06. you can do a trigger job on the P-06, but not on the P-07.

I had the pleasure of shooting someone's P-07 out at CHMR a month or so ago. I can't tell you what an improvement CZ's new Omega trigger system is. I'd put it up against any SA/DA factory trigger out there near its price range. Plus it comes w/ what I think are the best stock sights I've seen.

However, until you've shot a CZ w/ a good trigger job by Angus or one of the other guys at CZ Custom and the firing pin block removed, you ain't lived. Well worth the money!

Guest WyattEarp
CZ's are indeed excellent pistols and will out shoot a Glock any day of the week. Congrats on a great purchase.

that's pretty sweet news if it'll out shoot a glock.

I don't know about THAT :up:, but I did love my CZ's. The carry weight just eventually became too much of an issue for me, and I let them go. I miss them, but I'm very satisfied with Glock.

Enjoy that CZ; it will be one of the best shooters you'll ever own.

I've "heard" that CZ's will make a bad shooter into a good one because of their accuracy. It may be scuttlebutt, it may be hearsay, but I tend to believe that when one more than just a few people say it, there must be some kind of logical merit to it.

I guess I'll find out on Monday just how accurate mine is :rolleyes:

Their as accuracy IS excellent, but it's the ergonomics in the grip and their weight that makes the most difference to me.

I went from Marksman to Sharpshooter in a month when I switched from a Glock 34 to a CZ for IDPA.

Edited by BigK
I've "heard" that CZ's will make a bad shooter into a good one because of their accuracy. It may be scuttlebutt, it may be hearsay, but I tend to believe that when one more than just a few people say it, there must be some kind of logical merit to it.

I can debunk that. I'm still a bad shooter.

Guest justluck

Overall, I am definetly pleased with my purchase.:D I think the next one in line would be a CZ in the 40S&W, but the 9mm does its job well.

If you haven't already done so, you need to start hanging out over at the " original" CZ forum. People are great and lots of good CZ info.

My EDC is a 75B Omega, can't say enough good things about it.

Outshootin' a Glock? Well, I can shoot it better than I shoot a Glock, but I am sure there are many Glock owners that could definitely outshoot me!

For my hand, it has about the best feel of any handgun I have handled / shot and a natural pointer for me; I think because it is so comfortable in my hand I shoot it well.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate the top heavy feel you get with the glocks... lightness for carry may be its advantage. But I've shot a compact glock, compact CZ75 and a compact Sig all in the one outing and I'll say the glock isn't as forgiving with the rcoil as the other two. The Sig is smaller than the CZ but slightly snappier...

Also, I hate the glocks take down.

Before I was set on an XDm then I shot a CZ and fell in love.

Very nice. That was some pricy junk ammo for sure! This is as good a place as any for my cz update -- they finally came in and the bottom line was the rami cannot be made like I wanted it. It can be left handed, or it can be single action, but not both because the 2 frames (metal vs plastic) are different and only the metal frame can accept the SA trigger and only the plastic one has ambi safety. The custom shop was very nice about it and offered a variety of things we could do but I decided to just leave it be, it shoots well and yet another right handed gun won't hurt me, but it will not become my carry piece. The custom kadet is awesome, perfectly balanced and very accurate. On both, the triggers cannot be made perfectly slopless because doing that messes up the disconnector/trigger reset, but they get close and its better than average at the end of the day. The rami put 10 shots touching at 20 feet, I have not exercised it much yet. The kadet can make them all touch at 25 yards if locked in a rest. We are happy with them!

• 4 weeks later...

This is as good as anywhere to put this since it's all CZ related...

I recently started looking for a Kadet Conversion Kit for the CZ85 so I can plink more often... but it seems that noone has them in stock. What is with that? Is CZ waiting until the end of this year and the beginning of the next year to make more?

This is as good as anywhere to put this since it's all CZ related...

I recently started looking for a Kadet Conversion Kit for the CZ85 so I can plink more often... but it seems that noone has them in stock. What is with that? Is CZ waiting until the end of this year and the beginning of the next year to make more?

Bless the internet. Those kits are not cheap.

Cz 75 Kadet Adapter 22 Long Rifle Conversion Kit 01610#

Guest Lester Weevils

I bought my CZ Kadet adapter from CZ Customs about this time last year, and the CZ Customs price was noticeably lower than most places I saw. Dunno if they are in stock right this minute, though.

My 75b was the most off hand accurate handgun i owned sig 226 off the bench. But the cz was like carrying around a hydraulic jack and the sig was way to big. So i hang on to my glock but always wanted to try out the CZ p07 and the xdm 3.8 . CZ is a fine hand gun

You should try the CZ P-01. It's about halfway between the size of a Glock 19 and a Glock 17. It's all metal and if you compare empty guns with no mag, the P-01 only weighs 2 oz more than the 17 (3 oz more than the 19). The factory rubber grips make up most of this difference, but they feel great in your hand.

Guest FiddleDog
Oh no! I swapped my P01 for a Gen 4, Glock 23. Fact is, I can't outshoot anything with anything, so I probably did OK. :D
ARGH! I wish I could have been the one to swap with you. the P01 is a gorgeous creature.