What if...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we got a pet forum ? ;)

Not to advertise for sale pets.. or for breeding.

yes?

Just so you have at least one encouraging reply, I like your outside-of-the-box thinking, and while the concept may need some fluff & buff to cycle the action, it is good to look for ways to increase the interest and community on the forum. I always enjoy developing new hobby and past-time interests with folks that I have met on the board. It is a great way to further develop friendships.

Bert

A forum for pets to use? I can't see that working out very well.

Haven’t you seen the commercial where the gentleman taught the gerbils to row the boat? ;)

Edited by pfries

I could see it if it were a sub-category to the hunting forum or a Home-Defense forum topic. You know, hunting dogs or "peace of mind" dogs. I would hate to call them "security" or "guard" dogs because of our overly-litigious brethren and sistren around the world. ie. lawsuit . . . . "He sought training tips from this website (insert TGO here) on how to make his dog vicious, - or "was bragging about how aggressive. . . . " . . etc. . . ?? but maybe it's not any different than us discussing SD firearms.

Guest jackdm3

I do too, but I have NO idea which neighbors. I think he only eats at our place and A LOT! He's big, orange, and totally feral. You can't touch him. Why do we bother? Cause we already take care of our two "kids" and have plenty of food. He's "Smiley". When he turns his head, he's got a serious grin I've never seen on a cat.

Guest WyattEarp

I think a Hunting Dog Sub-Forum under the Hunting & Fishing would be a great idea. A place where you can discuss training techniques for bird dogs, labs for duck and rabbit, coonhounds for racoons, and caring for your hunting companion, and how to train them to be obedient, and when to bark/not to bark.

After college is done and I get out to Oklahoma and I find a nice house on some land, I'm going to get a pair of brittany spaniel puppies, and train them for quail and pheasant (and rabbitt if it's possible to cross-train them for multiple game, but not sure on this), and it'd be nice to have some learning material from other experienced trainers. I've so missed being able to go pheasant and quail hunting every November the past 6 years, it's been driving me nuts!

• Administrator

Sorry, but I really don't see this adding much traffic or value to the site. Others may disagree, but there comes a point where diverge so much from the stated purpose of the site that we might as well add forums for people who like to dress as Furries, or forums who like to grow bonzai trees.

You're all more than welcome to discuss your pets in the general lounge though. :)