Federal Agents Demand Customer Lists From Mormon Food Storage Facility in TN

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get a FireFox message I've never seen before from that link.

"The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept

cookies."

IE simply says "cannot display the webpage".

- OS

To enforce unconstitutional laws, and probably felonies from the Dept of Agriculture.

Some more of the stuff we won't be able to fix until the "doofus" is gone. Maybe.

There was a story, a while back, about people being arrested for selling produce from

their gardens. Wow, that's criminal. If the gov can do that I guess we'll starve when

the gov decides how to make us. It's just some more evidence that liberals ultimately

believe in death. It's not that they want to win. It's that they want you to lose.

And your vote means nothing?

Edited by 6.8 AR
Guest Lester Weevils

Yep on the face of it sounds pretty sinister. Unless there was some more mundane explanation why they wanted the info. Ain't saying sinister is not the true situation, though.

Many years ago a couple of FBI came to the house, showed me a picture of some rough-looking dude from Chicago and asked if I knew his whereabouts. Hadn't a clue who the guy was. The FBI seemed convinced that I should know the fellow, and maybe even be hiding him in the house.

They asked to speak to wife and daughter, find out if they knew the dude's whereabouts, so I took em in to question wife and kid and they were mystified as well. Then the FBI guys started reciting a long list of aliases and one of them sounded familiar.

At the time was selling some of my music software mail-order from small magazine ads. Pre-internet commerce. Looked thru the records and sure enough one of the sales was to one of the aliases, in Chicago.

Made a xerox of the invoice and the FBI guys went off satisfied.

They didn't explain where they got my name, but would guess maybe they got ahold of the fellow's address book and he had written my name down. Odd combination-- Desperate criminal and computer musician!

If they had known I was in the software biz and had known the criminal was also a computer nerd, maybe they would have just asked about my customer list first thing rather than wasting all that time on a dead end.

Edited by Lester Weevils

There is a lot of information about me available to both the public and/or to the government that I am not happy about thanks to the digital age we live in…so much information is amassed now that it almost boggles the mind what a person with the right tolls and the desire to do so, can find out about us.

That said, maybe I should care but I’m not sure I really do care if “big brother” knows how much food I’ve purchased or not purchased from a supplier like “Food Insurance”, etc…I’m not happy about it but in the overall scheme of things I’m not going to get overly excited about (maybe I’m just too old to get too excited about such things???). B)

Let's see now:

- FEMA advises to store food and supplies

- Presidential Order 12919, still standing, by Slick Willie in 1994, allows confiscation of all privately held food and supplies

Millennium-Ark: Executive Orders and Storing-Is It Lawful?

Millennium Ark: Executive Order 12919

Just as in the case of guns, if you want to confiscate something, it's handy to know where it is beforehand, eh?

- OS

I think more people should question their relationship with the government. Some seem

to trust everything that is told them and some more are just willing to let their rights

get trampled(damned sheep!). Tyranny comes in all shapes and colors and is always

packaged to let you think only the best intentions.

Several years ago, two rotund little ladies knocked on my door saying they were from

TN Dept of Finance and Revenue. They wanted to know why I hadn't paid a certain

professional fee for a while. I was polite at first, until they got a bit cocky with me.

That's when I told them to get lost, that I hadn't been in that field of work for a long

time didn't seem to fixate in their heads.

Let this kind of junk get out of control and nothing good comes out of it, whether it be

beans and rice or over zealous government redneck tax collectors. If you don't stand up

to them when you're right, you've just become a criminal in their eyes, and you're wrong.

Just what they want.

Guest mcgyver210

The best way to deal with today's Government is to not to & if you have to NEVER trust them or think they are looking out for your best interest.

Guest jackdm3
I think more people should question their relationship with the government. Some seem

to trust everything that is told them and some more are just willing to let their rights

get trampled(damned sheep!). Tyranny comes in all shapes and colors and is always

packaged to let you think only the best intentions.

Several years ago, two rotund little ladies knocked on my door saying they were from

TN Dept of Finance and Revenue. They wanted to know why I hadn't paid a certain

professional fee for a while. I was polite at first, until they got a bit cocky with me.

That's when I told them to get lost, that I hadn't been in that field of work for a long

time didn't seem to fixate in their heads.

Let this kind of junk get out of control and nothing good comes out of it, whether it be

beans and rice or over zealous government redneck tax collectors. If you don't stand up

to them when you're right, you've just become a criminal in their eyes, and you're wrong.

Just what they want.

I got a business license for doing fencework but medically I was unable to proceed. I did NOTHING with the business other than a folder for the receipt. But for 3 years they told me to submit a list of my equipment for taxation.

Guest mcgyver210
I got a business license for doing fencework but medically I was unable to proceed. I did NOTHING with the business other than a folder for the receipt. But for 3 years they told me to submit a list of my equipment for taxation.

You actually was lucky since your friendly Government can charge & fine you for not officially closing your bushiness with them.

Guest jackdm3

I'd expect them to push around business amateurs like myself if they didn't have someone like my FIL who's a CPA and could give them the appropriate paperwork in order to tell them politely GTFO! Took three times but I'm certain they DID go beat up on some other beginner when they hit this dry well.

And if you didn't operate the business, you should have told them once, and then walked away. Getting a license and

performing a business operation has a beginning and an ending point. when you tell them it ended, it should have ended

your relationship with them. People start and stop businesses all the time. You probably should have notified them sooner.

As far as I'm concerned, the government only needs to know what I tell them. If I tell them something, it is the absolute minimum.

I don't really understand why the government has to know a lot of what they require, except for the penalty of taxation, and

I will only give what the absolute minimum is. That's my job. They can get a job in the private sector any time they feel qualified

and that's the problem. They're not.

One of the great things about this country is that we still have the 5th amendment. That doesn't mean that we necessarily have to "plead the 5th" so much as just politely tell whomever is inquiring, "I'm sorry, but that's really none of your freakin' business."

And it isn't. The government has no more business meddling in our personal lives than our neighbors do. Unfortunately we've become such a nanny state that virtually no one feels obligated to take care of themselves anymore. And those of us who do wish to take care of ourselves without any interference from federal, state and local governments have become the minority upon which the majority feeds.

I am proud to be an American, but I am also disappointed and disillusioned with what "My America" has become. "Give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses..." and "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.." have become "If you're too lazy to do for yourself, don't sweat it. We'll make it legal for you to do unto others. And if they complain, we'll do unto them for you!" So sad... so sad. :shake:

I heard about this yesterday on Phil Willams radio show in Knoxville. There was suppose to be a link on channel 5 in Nashville about this but I couldn't find it. People were calling Phil and saying State Police were going door to door and asking about stored food and ammo. From what Phil determined, this is what this is all about. Metro Nashville and TN Departments of Health to Conduct Community Assessment for Public Health Emergency Response | TN.gov Newsroom

My bottom line, if someone comes to my door asking about food, guns or ammo, its none of their business.

There is a lot of information about me available to both the public and/or to the government that I am not happy about thanks to the digital age we live in…so much information is amassed now that it almost boggles the mind what a person with the right tolls and the desire to do so, can find out about us.

That said, maybe I should care but I’m not sure I really do care if “big brother†knows how much food I’ve purchased or not purchased from a supplier like “Food Insuranceâ€, etc…I’m not happy about it but in the overall scheme of things I’m not going to get overly excited about (maybe I’m just too old to get too excited about such things???). :shake:

Welcome to the grid.

I heard about this yesterday on Phil Willams radio show in Knoxville. There was suppose to be a link on channel 5 in Nashville about this but I couldn't find it. People were calling Phil and saying State Police were going door to door and asking about stored food and ammo. From what Phil determined, this is what this is all about. Metro Nashville and TN Departments of Health to Conduct Community Assessment for Public Health Emergency Response | TN.gov Newsroom

My bottom line, if someone comes to my door asking about food, guns or ammo, its none of their business.

Having just completed a course with TEMA I can say that there is a legitimate reason why TEMA, FEMA, etc would like to know just how prepared the public (in general) is for an emergency...they don't need to know precisely what I have or how much of it nor am I going to give them the serial numbers of everything in my gun safe but if they want to know if I've made some preparations for an emergency I'm not going to have a problem telling them so. :shake:

One of the great things about this country is that we still have the 5th amendment. That doesn't mean that we necessarily have to "plead the 5th" so much as just politely tell whomever is inquiring, "I'm sorry, but that's really none of your freakin' business."

And it isn't. The government has no more business meddling in our personal lives than our neighbors do. Unfortunately we've become such a nanny state that virtually no one feels obligated to take care of themselves anymore. And those of us who do wish to take care of ourselves without any interference from federal, state and local governments have become the minority upon which the majority feeds.

I am proud to be an American, but I am also disappointed and disillusioned with what "My America" has become. "Give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses..." and "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.." have become "If you're too lazy to do for yourself, don't sweat it. We'll make it legal for you to do unto others. And if they complain, we'll do unto them for you!" So sad... so sad. :)

Try pleading the 5th or NOYB with the Census Bureau, they're relentless. Got one of the mid-decade long forms they send to select individuals. Takes about an hour to complete and they ask private questions. I refused to send it in. Finally they started calling me every other day and threatening to send someone out and I can go to jail under law for not complying. Each time I read them verbatim the constitutional requirement for the census, and told them I will not divulge any private information. A couple of months later this dude comes by my house and announces he's from the Census Bureau to collect the information I neglected to submit. Few times in my life I have become so livid. To make a long story short, I never talked to an individual the way I talked to him, then slammed the door in his face. Wife was scared and ran out to him and answered all the information she was aware of, to keep me out of jail I guess. I wasn't very happy about that but, had I went outside, I know I'd ended up in the polky.