Franklin Gun Shop

Guest WarrenPuckett

Guest WarrenPuckett

Has any here bought anything from the Franklin Gun Shop? Their prices on used guns seem way too high. Are they willing to make deals?

WarrenPuckett

hate to say it because everyone up there is great and they have outstanding inventory IMO but yeah, they are just way to high. my last two purchases have started off looking around at FGS but ended up at guns for america buying the same gun $50 less. If I had the money I would love to give them some business but $50 is ammo

• Like 1

Yeah great staff and selection but prices are full retail. If you are looking for something I bet they have it, but if you're a shopper you're probably going to have a tough time striking a deal there. They are not afraid to let you walk without purchasing if you don't want to pay their number, trust me I've walked out empty handed plenty of times. Even a few times I really wanted something that day but just couldn't bring myself to pay a serious premium. Usually on accessories they are 30-40% higher than most places. If something is $80 on the internet and $100 at most stores, plan on $120 or so at FGS. Other than that I can't complain. They are some of the friendliest folks around but the smile is expensive.

I don't blame them, no one around there has the selection they do and with Brentwood's rich folks right down the road their customers will likely not flinch at their prices as they can afford to pay them.

yes nice folks, I spent some time one day looking over some rifles but OMG the prices. I felt the need to buy something due to all the time he spent with me so a I bought a tube of overpriced Terta grease

• Like 1

I like to go in and window shop. They have allot of inventory. They are very nice and helpful. There are always plenty of customers in there as well, no shortage there. If you are paying cash, they almost always come off the price at least $50, just ask. I have bought from them, my first two pistols. I payed a little to much but have learned from it. I also bought a used rifle that I had been looking for for a few years at a normal price. Walked in one day and there it was just smiling at me. Needless to say it followed me home.

For me I will go by there to drool over a gun that may not be at any other store in the Nashville area. If it's something that I just have to have I'll still wait on someone like Bud's to ship it but at least I will know how it feels in my hand. Their inventory is as good as it gets.

Their primary customers must not care what they spend nor do any check online pricing.

Guest WyattEarp
Has any here bought anything from the Franklin Gun Shop? Their prices on used guns seem way too high. Are they willing to make deals?

WarrenPuckett

I bought a winchester .270 from them a few years ago, thought it was a bit high, they told me to make an offer, i did and they accepted. Good guys to deal with, friendly and honest.

In today's economy I will buy from the cheapest person possible. ;) sorry but my funds are not unlimited. I have been to that store and yes the prices I cannot justify and my whole family lives in Brentwood/Franklin area which is unfortunate that they think merchandise should cost more for the same product.

Guest NashvegasMatt

WarrenPuckett

I just yesterday was looking for a few 1911 parts, when from the back, the salesman brought me out a bin of Wilson combat stuff. It was all high priced, but he cut me deal and I didn't have to beg... Got it cheaper that midway had it for. I guess he knew that no one would ever know they had that stuff...and that unless someone came in looking for those specific parts, they would never sell. Great customer service! Unfortunately, the chance I will buy a gun there is 0%. It's just like houses... the better the part of town, the more they can charge.. and from a business perspective, it just makes sense.

Guest NashvegasMatt
How much cash do you think they have tied up in inventory? I was in there a month or so ago, I bet it is in the millions.

not just in guns... maybe everything including the building.

Guest nicemac

I have always got good prices there. They will deal if you simply ask. I was wanting a Browning Buckmark .22 a couple of years ago and mentioned that I had seen it at Academy considerably cheaper. They beat Academy's price on the spot. I have bought 8 or 10 guns from them. They often toss in something for free or provide me with service that I can't or don't get elsewhere. They were $300 cheaper on my Kimber Pro Carry II than Outpost in Murfreesboro (but that is not saying much) and the same price as GNL up on the ridge…

so what I am hearing is all you do is talk them down? That is fine and it seems to work for them because they seem to always have 4-8 people working there so they must be making money but I like to find the best price and not deal with hagglin. I looked at a Ruger LCP and their price was like $360est + $30. I went to Guns for America and bought it for $318 and $20 for some defense ammo.

They may have come down and matched the price but to me, if you are that far off it makes me believe I can still get a $10-20 better deal elsewhere. Now if I saw a $10 difference on the sticker I would simply pay the extra bit because of convenience and the fact they have always been good to work with. But the Franklin Tax seems to be a bit steep and I live in Franklin.

Edited by 1pointofview
price

I have heard you can haggle a bit especially if you know where to get it cheaper. I bought a GSG5 a few years ago. FGS had it for $599 I called around and found it at The Reloaders Bench for $499. It was the exact same model. I didn't even ask FGS to come down. I would rather support a shop with reasonable prices anyway. I have purchased a shotgun that I "had to have" and noone else locally had it in stock.

Guest mustangdave

bought and traded guns at FGS...but higher prices is what you have to deal with if you're in Williamson County real estate...betcha Uselton's prices are even higher

Guest nicemac
betcha Uselton's prices are even higher

Uselton's is even higher that Outpost… and care even less about getting your business (which is saying a lot).