48 members have voted

1. 1. LSU or Bama?

• LSU
    • Bama

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is really hard for me. I think Les Miles and Nick Saban are great coaches with great teams; and are genuinely the top two teams in the country. I would love to see LSU pull this one off again; but it's tough to beat a great team like alabama twice. It will be a great thing to watch.

enjoy!

leroy

Guest db99wj

LSU.

We know their defenses are outstanding. Whoever made the best adjustments on offense will win of course. Teams have scored on both this year, whoever does their homework the best and implements those type of plays wins. Les Miles seems crazy as crap and will throw out his whole offensive scheme and implement a new one.

Going to a fun one to watch.

I think it is complete BS, LSU already beat bama once. They just matched them back up to make more money.......

This is a great line!! I agree. Remember the scene in "Wild Bill" where Bill tells the crippled guy: "....Go home. I done shot you once. ..."

keep up the good work!

leroy

Guest db99wj

It probably will come down to who scores last and that score will be a special teams play. If there happens to be a pick 6, then that's the team that will win.

Roll Tide... but hey the officiating crew has a vote too. Just like the last game with the tide catch on the 3 that was ruled a take away upon review. FWIW the good book says it goes to the receiver if he maintains control (which he did), this year the reviewers have made some sh**ty overturns.

Just look at that outstanding 1 handed catch by VT last night in the Sugar Bowl that was overturned. Even the announcers were amazed.

It will be an awesome game though and either way the SEC takes home another one.

Guest WyattEarp
I think it is complete BS, LSU already beat bama once. They just matched them back up to make more money.......

Unfortunately Ok State didnt deserve to be in the NC game after losing to Iowa State in overtime on the road. The BCS got it right, two best teams in the nation going head to hed for the whole tomale! Thats the way it should be regardless if they have already played each other or not.

Guest Sgt. Joe

It is always tough to beat a team twice in the same year and this Gator would rather see Bama win this one. But LSU is a team that always seems to find a way to win. Having an unpredictable coach goes a long way toward that, there is no way to know just what that man may have up his sleeve for this one.

But I too think that the best two teams are playing in this game.

Since Bama's only loss was by 3 in OT to LSU I really do think they are the right team to be in the game, whether or not they can win is yet to be seen.

This isnt the first NC game that is a rematch of a regular season game. FL's first NC win was against FSU after FSU won the regular season game. It did take some last week upsets to make that one happen though.

All in all I would still rather see a playoff system in place, they could use the Bowl Games as playoff games. As much as they are now stretching the Bowl Games out the idea that a playoff system would extend the season too long is holding less and less weight. They have almost the whole month of Dec to start the playoffs. And they could still have a few Bowl Games for teams that did not get in the playoffs. I figure once they figure out how they could make more money by doing so we will have a playoff system. It just isnt about the games or the teams anymore, like everything else it is about the money.

Guest lostpass
It is always tough to beat a team twice in the same year and this Gator would rather see Bama win this one. But LSU is a team that always seems to find a way to win. Having an unpredictable coach goes a long way toward that, there is no way to know just what that man may have up his sleeve for this one.

But I too think that the best two teams are playing in this game.

Since Bama's only loss was by 3 in OT to LSU I really do think they are the right team to be in the game, whether or not they can win is yet to be seen.

This isnt the first NC game that is a rematch of a regular season game. FL's first NC win was against FSU after FSU won the regular season game. It did take some last week upsets to make that one happen though.

All in all I would still rather see a playoff system in place, they could use the Bowl Games as playoff games. As much as they are now stretching the Bowl Games out the idea that a playoff system would extend the season too long is holding less and less weight. They have almost the whole month of Dec to start the playoffs. And they could still have a few Bowl Games for teams that did not get in the playoffs. I figure once they figure out how they could make more money by doing so we will have a playoff system. It just isnt about the games or the teams anymore, like everything else it is about the money.

I'd like a playoff as well. I'd like to see the conference champs (your first round of playoffs) go to the major bowls (SEC versus ACC, PAC ten versus Big Ten, BigLeast versus some new weird conference) and the second place teams go to bowls. The winners would play on and everyone else would get a nice game.

Guest WyattEarp
So, should it be a co-championship if Bama wins ?

absolutely not. Oklahoma State's defense was horrendous against Stanford as I knew it would be, how they managed to win that game, well, I can only explain it by, there just wasnt enough time left for Stanford to do anything else. Stanford just ran out of time. OSU's offense was awesome, but I doubt it would have been that good against LSU's ball hawking defense regardless of how good Blackmon is. My next point is, OSU struggled against Stanford all night, the game was close, went to OT, and OSU pulled it out. had OSU demolished Stanford by 21+, and Bama wins against LSU, I think you have a legit argument that OSU and Bama should split the NC. but that won't be the case. OSU will finish 2nd at best in the event Bama wins, and LSU falls.

If Bama wins, I dont think LSU and Bama should split it either, but that could still be a likely scenario in the event of a very very close game, say 10-7, or 13-10, 14-13....and if that happens, oh hell look out, because all hell will break loose in the South if Bama fans have share their NC with LSU, and LSU fans have to share a NC with Bama....you want to discuss Anarchy? haha, this would be the scenario to discuss it! What happens in the event of a shared NC between Bama and LSU, would make the stuff you see on the History Channel when they air an episode of Gangland....pale in comparison, that'd look like a bunch of kindergardners playing with cap guns. ok, maybe that was exaggerated sarcasm on my part, but still...that will be the sorest spot for both schools and fans of both, and both sides will desperately wish for 10 years to fly by so fast, so that it can be forgotten as soon as humanly possible.

Actually, as LSU fans don't recognize USC's AP national championship from 2003, it would be tough for them to argue that the 2011 AP championship has meaning.

FWIW, I've not met a single Bama fan who cares at all if the AP splits from the BCS - the crystal football is all that matters now. That said, I think the winner Monday gets both.

RTR.