South pawed Again

I think being left handed should be a disability and qualify for a government welfare check, for all the pain and suffering, not being able to find what you want for left-handers :screwy:

Latest example: Decided to get a shooting vest for trap, one with padding for the left shoulder. Every time I shoot two rounds of trap, my old shoulder is sore for two days. Seen a nice Browning shooting vest with a Reactar pad for $125.00, got to have it! Spent a couple of hours trying to buy one on-line left-handed with no luck. Finally went to the Browning website to pay a premium price. Lo and behold, only made for you right handers ;)

I can't tell you how many times I wanted something and they discriminate against us people thinking in our right minds.

Hell, I can't even find a left-handed screw driver, so I can't do my honey-do list...

Rant/Off

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My parents encouraged my left-handedness, however I learned, much like every other right brained person, sometimes it was just easier to do it backwards and learn to do things like the right-handed folks. Out of high school I went to work in the sewing factories in the cut rooms. All the Eastman Cut Knives were right-handed, but being able to cut with either hand put me leaps and bounds ahead of anyone else in the cut room.

Being right eyed dominant had a fair bit to do with it. I favor my right hand for shooting, though I am competent with either hand.

As of now, the only thing I can do better left-handed is write. Otherwise, for all intents and purposes, I am ambidextrous.

Hell, I can't even find a left-handed screw driver, so I can't do my honey-do list...

Rant/Off

They keep them next to the metric adjustable wrenches.

On shooting left handed, you could always learn to shoot with your right. :woohoo: My son is stuck in between. He writes left handed, does any sports related stuff with his right hand including handguns, but prefers to shoot rifles with his left. Go figure.

Guest WingMan380

I had a math teacher once that was left handed but would write on the chalk board right handed. That was cool.

If you take that right handed vest and turn it inside out then the shoulder padding will be on the left side. lol

My parents encouraged my left-handedness, however I learned, much like every other right brained person, sometimes it was just easier to do it backwards and learn to do things like the right-handed folks. Out of high school I went to work in the sewing factories in the cut rooms. All the Eastman Cut Knives were right-handed, but being able to cut with either hand put me leaps and bounds ahead of anyone else in the cut room.

Being right eyed dominant had a fair bit to do with it. I favor my right hand for shooting, though I am competent with either hand.

As of now, the only thing I can do better left-handed is write. Otherwise, for all intents and purposes, I am ambidextrous.

Me too. I started shooting left handed but a minor astigmatism that developed in my left eye, combined with being right eye dominant forced me to learn to shoot right handed. I'm still more comfortable shooting a long gun left handed, but I see better out of my right eye.

Guest 6.8 AR
You are an abomination! Just kidding. I started out as a lefty but my elementary school teacher forced me to write with my other hand. Now my handwriting still stinks and I can't do much with my left hand. You should buy the vest and wear it inside out!

-southernasylum

I had a 7th grade English teacher try to do that. She lost. Still a southpaw.