UFC to ban gun-related sponsors

LagerHead

Despite sponsors such as The Gun Store being long standing and faithful sponsors, the UFC, under the direction of Fox, will be banning gun-related sponsors from future events. Just when you thought there was a safe haven from the politically correct B.S. that is poisoning this country.

The Gun Store's Chris Irwin disappointed in FOX-driven UFC sponsorship ban | MMAjunkie.com

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The UFC promotes things such as Tapout gear, Axe body spray, Affliction shirts, sideways hats, malt liquor, crappy energy drinks, neo-nazi t-shirt companies, Spike TV ........ AND Joe Rogan?????? All this and they want to ban gun sponsors. No longer is the UFC flypaper for douchebags, but now it's flypaper for PC douchebags.

The UFC promotes things such as Tapout gear, Axe body spray, Affliction shirts, sideways hats, malt liquor, crappy energy drinks, neo-nazi t-shirt companies, Spike TV ........ AND Joe Rogan?????? All this and they want to ban gun sponsors. No longer is the UFC flypaper for douchebags, but now it's flypaper for PC douchebags.

This

I guess Dana and the UFC were supposed to abandon their dream of making MMA a mainstream sport by telling FOX "no", just to avoid making me mad?

Nobody's arguing against the free market here. Including the right of consumers to take their money elsewhere. Capitalism is a fine two-way street.

Guest mustangdave
The only thing I enjoy about MMA are the actual fights. Everything else (to include the idiot culture it's inspiring) is like nails on a chalkboard.

Please...not THE CHALKBOARD...

Nobody's arguing against the free market here. Including the right of consumers to take their money elsewhere. Capitalism is a fine two-way street.

Thank you, that's my point exactly!

We all make decisions like this every day with our wallets. If a store is posted for no carry, I go elsewhere with my money just like you said. Sometimes there's no other option (like flying on a plane vs driving or going to the post office vs using a mail store). I have to choose to do without or compromise my convictions.

This was such a no-brainer for UFC that they didn't even have to think twice. Hello FOX, hello money, hello mainstream...good bye fringe viewers who won't watch due to the no gun rule FOX insists on holding them to.

I can boycott FOX and/or UFC or neither or both...depends on how strongly I feel watching compromises my morals.

Guest BungieCord

You'll notice they didn't have the gonads to do this while the sport's biggest box office draw also was its biggest hunting fanatic: Brock Lesnar.

The comments below the article are rather enlightening. I wouldn't have guessed UFCs fan base was so liberal.

If it makes anyone feel better, this weekend's FOX matches were just so-so. Out of the whole 2 hours, there was only a minute here and there of good fighting.

Fox is no 2A fan.

+1

There is no financial reaon for this. There's a series called Hot Shots ( Hot Shots - Home of the best shooters on Earth. ) about top-level competitive/exhibition shooting sponsored by CheaperThanDirt, Mossberg, and the NRA on . . . NBC Sports Network. Yep, under the same umbrella as MSNBC, home of the most hardcore of gun haters. This tells me that someone at Fox just doesn't like guns. The UFC wouldn't lose any veiwers even if R. Lee Ermy, dressed head-to-toe in Glock branded clothing, kicked Joe Rogan in the sack right in the middle of the octagon.

Not. A. Single. Viewer.

This really makes no sense. So they will air TV shows and movies with guns in them but some fighter can't have a name of a gun company or store on his clothing. I watch UFC from time to time and I couldn't tell you any of the sponsors.

Exactly. The second episode of their new show "Alcatraz" featured a sniper. He was using a Winchester Model 70 and I don't know how many times they said those words or showed the rifle.