IWB Milt Sparks vs Crossbreed

Looking for opinions from people who have experienced both. I am looking for first hand opinions on both. $ is no issue.

Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 vs Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe

Pistol is a Sig Sauer 1911 RCS

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own several MS VMIIs. I can't say enough about the comfort and quality. I don' t have any Crossbreed holsters, but I know that a lot of people here swear by them and have lots of good things about them.

I imagine that it will come down to preference since money is not a factor. Good luck and enjoy.

I had a Crossbreed Supertuck when I had a XD45 and still have a Milt Sparks VMII for my Sig 1911 Stainless Carry.

All I can say is they are not even in the same category. The Supertuck is a nice holster but takes up a lot of real estate and I couldn't get use to it. The only drawback to the VMII is the cost and wait to get one. I wear mine for anywhere from 3 to 12 hours a day with out a problem. Since you said money is not an issue the question is can you wait 6 or so months for one?

I can’t do a comparison on a Milt Sparks, but I have in front of me right now a D.M. Bullard Dual Carry and a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe for an M&P 40C, both brand new. They are both very nice holsters, but it comes down to leather vs. Kydex and that’s a hands down win for leather.

You can start using the Supertuck as soon as you get it, and then try out the MS maybe by August......then if you decide you like the MS best, just put the Crossbreed up for sale. They hold their value very well and I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem finding it a new home. :hiding:

Problem solved! :)

I had a brand new, never been used, one for an M&P for sale for several weeks. Even with Crossbreed having a six week wait I couldn’t get near what I paid; the offers weren’t even worth responding to. I pitched it back in the Box-o'-Holsters. ;)

If you're in a hurry you might also want to look at Shielded Holsters. Virtually identical style to the Crossbreed. I've bought several and just recently ordered one for my XDM. I ordered on Saturday and the holster was in the mailbox on Tuesday.

I had a brand new, never been used, one for an M&P for sale for several weeks. Even with Crossbreed having a six week wait I couldn’t get near what I paid; the offers weren’t even worth responding to. I pitched it back in the Box-o'-Holsters. wink.png

You should put it up for sale on eBay. Every Crossbreed (in VG to LN condition) that I've ever seen listed on there usually sells for about 75-85% of what they cost new.

• 2 weeks later...

I perfer the Milt Sparks because the Crossbreed seemed too bulky. By the way, I didn't wait 6 months for my VMII because I purchased it from one of the two dealers that Milt Sparks referred me to. Paid $115 plus shipping. Those two dealers purchase a lot of holsters from MS so if they don't have one in stock they will within a few weeks.

Guest NashvegasMatt

they both carry well, but I'd go with the milt.... it's leather, and won't scratch your weapon. and for us 1911 guys... scratching and idiot marks are no good.

they both carry well, but I'd go with the milt.... it's leather, and won't scratch your weapon. and for us 1911 guys... scratching and idiot marks are no good.

That's kinda of a misnomer. Kydek actually touches the gun a lot less than leather but the few places it does it will wear. Leather wears a guns finish more due to the fact that it touches all over the gun and tends to hold in dirt, grit, and moisture that scratches the gun unlike Kydex. The thing is it wears the finish more evenly so it doesn't look as sever as Kydex. This is form my personal experience as well as what DM Bullard and Kevin at K&D told me. That being said how much you use your holster, drawing/re-holstering, and maintenance are the biggest factors in finish wear.

That being said, those who have the VM love them and those who have the Crossbreed love them as well. I don't think you can go wrong with either.