Walking dead....

Caster

Glenn never had time to get off a shot.

It was over in a hurry

I beg to differ. There was an OBVIOUS hostile intent in the eyes of the two fresh corpses. Glenn is not fool, he knew it. Beforehand, EVERYONE knew the the WHOLE WORLD was hostile, so I ask again, "Glenn, where was that shotgun?" It wasn't in your hands. Why weren't you holding at ready? Rick had his ready and waiting, and let them know it. SO to should Glenn have had his.

Tell you what Mike, if it's ever me and you in a bar in a world full of Zombies, I won't be putting my gun down.......Ha, that sounds like the lead in to a really bad joke.

I beg to differ. There was an OBVIOUS hostile intent in the eyes of the two fresh corpses. Glenn is not fool, he knew it. Beforehand, EVERYONE knew the the WHOLE WORLD was hostile, so I ask again, "Glenn, where was that shotgun?" It wasn't in your hands. Why weren't you holding at ready? Rick had his ready and waiting, and let them know it. SO to should Glenn have had his.

Tell you what Mike, if it's ever me and you in a bar in a world full of Zombies, I won't be putting my gun down.......Ha, that sounds like the lead in to a really bad joke.

Don't do it, Caster. Mike's as quick as they come, and he don't go down easy. I once saw him bust a flying clay with a Mosin Nagant. True story...
  • Like 1

RIGHT, why did Rick have to kill both of those guys in the bar? Glenn was supposed to have his back. Where the heck was that shotgun Glenn??!!!?!!

Watch that scene again if you DVR'd it. Rick never pulls the trigger, AKA the cylinder never turns or the hammer go back. I know it's a zombie show but I thought it was funny. You can see him just flinch the gun and the effects were added.

Guest Lester Weevils

Finally got time to skim the entire comic series (to date). In the comics as well, Glenn prefers to use stealth and flight whenever possible.

Skimmed the comics quickly and may be forgetting lots, but it seemed that Glenn is as skilled as any in bashing a zombie's head or shooting a zombie, if avoidance or running away is not an option. However when Glenn has conflict with living people, he tries to negotiate, then run away if negotiation fails, and if neither works then he will put up a fight but tends to get his butt kicked.

The comic is just a work of fiction and most likely not applicable in any way to the real world. However if there ever were a length of time with gratuitous anarchy and violence, then stealth, avoidance, and negotiation, with violence the last resort, might offer best odds of survival? Primarily because up-close-and-personal fights would tend to have high mortality rate except for a talented few?

So the fewest conflicts might increase survival odds (except for the few meanest and fastest and luckiest SOB's)? Maybe even the fastest meanest would do best to avoid conflict whenever possible, because even the fastest meanest will die just as easy as anybody else if they catch a bullet or baseball bat?

I had to DVR it. Watched it yesterday, and I thought it was a great episode. I agree about Glenn. He was standing in perfect position to cover the guy behind Rick. Good thing Rick was up to the task.

I think there will be some real suspense in the next episode when that walker that Lori hit tries to get to her in that wrecked car.I noticed that she just tosed that snub revolver on the seat next to her, so it's probably no where to be found now. I'm predicting a real nail-bitter (so to speak :D ) with this situation in the next episode.

Guest NYCrulesU

I am a huge fan of the show. That said...horribly disappointed in that episode (as with most of S2). Stale, pretty borring. What was there..1 zombie? In ended anti-climatic.

Positives?

- Could other walkers have heard the shots from the barn massacre and be coming?

- Could walkers be closing in on Ric, Glen, Hershel at the bar?

- Will there be a battle now between the rest of the "Philly Group"?

This episode opened ip a few questions....but left me disappointed that I anxiously waited weeks for what? Nothing much.

I am a huge fan of the show. That said...horribly disappointed in that episode (as with most of S2). Stale, pretty borring. What was there..1 zombie? In ended anti-climatic.

Positives?

- Could other walkers have heard the shots from the barn massacre and be coming?

- Could walkers be closing in on Ric, Glen, Hershel at the bar?

- Will there be a battle now between the rest of the "Philly Group"?

This episode opened ip a few questions....but left me disappointed that I anxiously waited weeks for what? Nothing much.

Two zombies.... Don't forget about Hershal's wife (I think??) that got a sickle through the back of the head. ;) I like it that the show is about survival and not just about a bunch of zombies. Also, the two freeloaders they met in the bar were about the same as zombies because they were a threat to the group's survival. Actually more of a threat because they had the ability to think and plan together.

I think we have a couple of new issues unfolding for the next episode:

1) Lori is prob unconcious and injured in a wrecked car with a mangled walker nearby, and

2) That girl at the farm (is that Hershal's daughter???) is sick. She wrestled with that zombie in the beginning. Did she get bit and is a walker-to-be?

There was more zombie action when they were in the big city but less walkers out in the country. That's probably realistic. I expect they may move on soon and start to encounter larger numbers of walkers.

I only started watching the show about a month ago, so I watched an episode every night on Netflix or Amazon. It's tough now that I have to actually wait for the next one!

Edited by Batman
Guest cardcutter

My big problem with the bar was that he let lard but get behind him. Rick was supposed to be a cop. I just don't see a cop letting an obviously hostile individual get the drop on him like that. Those kind of tactics get you dead.

My big problem with the bar was that he let lard but get behind him. Rick was supposed to be a cop. I just don't see a cop letting an obviously hostile individual get the drop on him like that. Those kind of tactics get you dead.

Yeah, that was killin' me, and Glenn dropped the ball as backup.

Guest NYCrulesU

Two zombies.... Don't forget about Hershal's wife (I think??) that got a sickle through the back of the head. ;) I like it that the show is about survival and not just about a bunch of zombies. Also, the two freeloaders they met in the bar were about the same as zombies because they were a threat to the group's survival. Actually more of a threat because they had the ability to think and plan together.

I think we have a couple of new issues unfolding for the next episode:

1) Lori is prob unconcious and injured in a wrecked car with a mangled walker nearby, and

2) That girl at the farm (is that Hershal's daughter???) is sick. She wrestled with that zombie in the beginning. Did she get bit and is a walker-to-be?

There was more zombie action when they were in the big city but less walkers out in the country. That's probably realistic. I expect they may move on soon and start to encounter larger numbers of walkers.

I only started watching the show about a month ago, so I watched an episode every night on Netflix or Amazon. It's tough now that I have to actually wait for the next one!

Good catch about the one walker that caught the sicle to the head..forgot about that one. And also good idea about maybe the girl who colapsed being possi le bit...that was what I thought when she was wresting the zombie...I thought she was going to get bit but diamissed it and didn't even think about it again. You may be right.

Good catch about the one walker that caught the sicle to the head..forgot about that one. And also good idea about maybe the girl who colapsed being possi le bit...that was what I thought when she was wresting the zombie...I thought she was going to get bit but diamissed it and didn't even think about it again. You may be right.

Wouldn't that be a kick in the teeth to Hershal if he has to "put her down" because he kept those walkers in the barn? Have no idea... just speculating but could happen I guess.