Walking dead....

Caster

Really?? I thought tonight was pretty good.

Now, I can stand Shane for his over aggressive macho crap, Dale was the polar opposite. A damn hippie with a rifle. Always wanting to talk & get all feely...nobody wants that tree hugger crap.

We have MORE reassurances that Glenn and Maggie will bind themselves together. That's cool.

Carl? He needs a trip to the wood shed. BAD. He steals a gun, goes roaming off to where I am SURE mom & dad would say is out of bounds. Then, goofs around and DROPS the gun, doesn't kill the walker that inevitably takes out Dale. Yessir, that little boy ought to have to sleep on his belly for the night. AND, to beat all he's gravitating toward Shane's point of view. Yet another reason Shane needs to go, and take Andrea too.

• Like 1
Guest lostpass

kind of funny that they've become less worried about the zombies and more worried about the threats from the living. I'm sure it is intentional, It is also hilarious.

Really?? I thought tonight was pretty good.

Now, I can stand Shane for his over aggressive macho crap, Dale was the polar opposite. A damn hippie with a rifle. Always wanting to talk & get all feely...nobody wants that tree hugger crap.

We have MORE reassurances that Glenn and Maggie will bind themselves together. That's cool.

Carl? He needs a trip to the wood shed. BAD. He steals a gun, goes roaming off to where I am SURE mom & dad would say is out of bounds. Then, goofs around and DROPS the gun, doesn't kill the walker that inevitably takes out Dale. Yessir, that little boy ought to have to sleep on his belly for the night. AND, to beat all he's gravitating toward Shane's point of view. Yet another reason Shane needs to go, and take Andrea too.

I liked the episode to, for pretty much the same reasons.
Guest cardcutter

I gotta say I did not see the Dale thing coming. Maybe this will be what swings them back to being more about the Zombies.

Edited by cardcutter

I did not understand how the walker ripped dale's gut open.

I am suprised the walker had that kind of strenght and dexterity.

I wonder how Daryl's now missing gun will be addressed.

Carl is in over his head, something worse than the Dale thing will happen because of him.

I am glad Rick did not execute the boy. If he figured killing him was whats best why did he bother saving him to begin with?

Well, if you guys had watched the Talking Dead aftershow you would have seen the director explaining how the flesh from the fingertips are the first to go, how it's been ground down to bone from all the clawing a zombie does. Those boney ends of the fingers are sharp enough to penetrate flesh. Once it gets a hole started, it just starts tearing. :puke:

Edited by Caster
Guest 983mauser

I was really shocked about Dale. Oh well, he had it coming with the whole not kill things..

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Guest Lester Weevils

Dale lasted a whole lot longer in the comix and Shane was a goner very early in the series, well before finding the farm. So this TV plot may turn out "at least as good or better" than the comix, but it is now a drastically different plot, very few similarities at all except a few characters and sites, and the "basic rules of this universe."

I was really shocked about Dale. Oh well, he had it coming with the whole not kill things..

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Bull####! First, he never took a never kill "things" stance. He only took a don't kill the living stance. And I agree with him 100 percent.

Secondly, how does that stance mean that he needs to die?

• Like 1

It wasn't his "don't kill the living" policy that made me not like him. It's his adamant opposition to "survival of the fittest" that couldn't stand. Like he's better than that, or too good to be under the rule of natural selection. Typical hippie crap. Might makes right and the strong survive at the expense of the weak. It always has been, so shall it forever be. The only difference with our world today is that it is more cost effective to give a few concessions with a pat on the head telling everyone how free and equal they are, then to just stomp them out. The fact remains the same though and no amount of talking like some college ethics professor will change that. People like Dale seem to think they are better than everything else in nature.

Dale was weak. I can't stand Shane, but when he dies, it won't be like that. I'd be shocked if he dies in a one on one; Taken by surprise.

It's not palatable to people who to be civilized but it's the way of things.

No, Dale had morals. Dale wasn't preaching some hippie ####. He was preaching the truth. Just because you don't pull the trigger, doesn't make you innocent. In that situation, I would have likely done the same thing Rick did. Act all big and tough but not be able to pull the trigger. Its not easy to kill a man. And you are talking like you do it daily. I hope that everyone of you that takes Shane's side is the first to go if there is ever a real apocalypse situation because I certainly don't want to deal with your crap.

It's not palatable to people who to be civilized but it's the way of things.

Why? Why is it the way of things? Why MUST the kid be judged based on NO ACTIONS? They know nothing about him other than he was with a group that was willing to kill (Doesn't mean he is) and that he knows where the farm is. We haven't seen him kill anyone or harm anyone and yet all of you are ready to chop the guy's head off. Thats not survival, its cruelty and it shouldn't be tolerated.

You can be cautious with a newcomer and make them prove themselves and thats fine but what you are doing is just flat out homicide whether its a civilized society or not.

Edited by Capbyrd
  • Like 1

The kid said he knew Maggie in school then she would know something about him. I went to HS in small town Tn. Less than 20000 in county with one high school. And everyone knew what everyone else was about. They may not have hung out with them but they knew what type person they where. I am not buying the let's give him a chance. Total stranger yes, watch closely and beware of all actions. There is more to this that they are not telling us for the dramatic effect. I believe in fair play until my and my familys life is at stake then I am taking nothing for granted.

i would taker the kid out back and wear his butt out with a belt.i liked dale he was alittle soft hearted but you need that sometimes. as to the other kid they either should have left him for the zombies or left him when they took him from the farm.50-60 miles away would have been a good distance.he may be a good kid but he did not have to stay with the group he was with.and i would not trust him .

I think they should've continued the interrogation. Find out exactly where the other survivors are and do some recon.

Killing the kid won't keep the "others" from looking for the clearly well-supplied people who killed their comrades, and fought the rest to a stalemate.

That kid's their only source of info on the outside world. And that world is obviously closer than they previously thought. And more hostile.

he may be a good kid but he did not have to stay with the group he was with.

I disagree with that as well. Someone like Darryl would do well on their own in a situation like this. However, most other people would be goners within days if they didn't group up. In a true survival situation, its better to be part of a morally bankrupt group and survive than to be on your own and perish.

Well Cap, the WHY is simple but you're not gonna like it. The why is because you [or anyone else short of GOD] are powerless to stop it. All I can say is, it's a great thing that none of us have to answer for anyone but ourselves. It's a very great thing.

Everyone loves their stories of people overcoming insurmountable odds, but the truth is, as any of troops can attest, fire superiority wins the day.

There's absolutely nothing man can do to change this. Never will. Cap, the fact that you're upset by this just means you have a conscience. Without men of conscience manipulating and making deals with men of power, where would we be? The answer to that lies in the future of this country. Wait and see.

Edited by Caster

Me and the wife talked about what I'd have done. As disgusting as it seems, I'd have left him on the fence. He was an enemy and in a situation such as this, sorry, no quarter given when you don't have a dime to spare.

Edited by Caster

well i guess it would depend on how long he was with them but if i did not like the group i would stay long enought to learn what i could and then leave.most of todays kids could not make it on their own because they lay around the house and play games.i have allready told my daughter when my granson gets older i will learn him to shoot and how to take care of his self.

Well Cap, the WHY is simple but you're not gonna like it. The why is because you [or anyone else short of GOD] are powerless to stop it. All I can say is, it's a great thing that none of us have to answer for anyone but ourselves. It's a very great thing. Everyone loves their stories of people overcoming insurmountable odds, but the truth is, as any of troops can attest, fire superiority wins the day. There's absolutely nothing man can do to change this. Never will. Cap, the fact that you're upset by this just means you have a conscience. Without men of conscience manipulating and making deals with men of power, where would we be? The answer to that lies in the future of this country. Wait and see.

They aren't in a kill him or die situation. They haven't even fully discussed all options.