CCW in church with ND

Gotta be. No way a real gun owner is this, well, libtarded.

There are plenty of gun owners who don't even believe one should have the right to carry in any form, or even own something that holds 30 rounds.

The country is rife with "I only have a shotgun and a rifle to hunt with, why do you need an assault weapon" gun owners.

- OS

• Like 1

There are plenty of gun owners who don't even believe one should have the right to carry in any form, or even own something that holds 30 rounds.

The country is rife with "I only have a shotgun and a rifle to hunt with, why do you need an assault weapon" gun owners.

- OS

Yep, just the other day my coworker was telling me. "I don't own any guns but I would like to buy a gun someday. I won't be one of those crazy guys that carries it everywhere though."

I think that a lot of you misunderstood my posts. It was probably my fault for not being more specific or being too tired after work to accurately express my view.

My point was to state what may have prevented the Florida church shooting. The bottom line is that if CCW holders were to have better training and possibly safer firearms that these tragedies can be reduced. A lot of states have statutes that prohibit carry of firearms in schools and churches. I do not think we need this in Tennessee but in the states that they exist the majority of people must feel their state needs it. I am concerned that as the number of CCW holders in this country grows and we have such minimal training requirements that we will see more of these accidental shootings.

A magazine disconnect is not the answer and as I have stated I carry a revolver. I just wanted to show that if the shooter had one on his firearm then that particular accident would not have occurred. I know that the purpose of the disconnect is that in a grapple for control of the firearm that you could render the gun inoperable by pressing the release.

In regard to the 2nd amendment a lot of you feel it means unregulated CCW. I believe the more popular interpretation is that we have a right to own firearms and should the need arise to use it to defend yourself, your home and country. In 1787 when the Constitution was written it was legal to duel in the streets and people carried swords and daggers for self defense. Today this is no longer legal. This is because states do have the right to regulate "bearing of arms". Carrying a firearm in public is a privilege and not a right. I am saying that we will lose this privilege if there are more irresponsible CCW's out there doing dumb things in public places.

Guest NYCrulesU

Feel free to disagree, and we certainly encourage intelligent discourse. But, lighten up.

I'd lighten up if perhaps I said or did something wrong or perhaps made a post that was a personal attack...or violated the TOS in any way. I didn't. So I have nothing to "lighten up" from". But thanks for your "opinion".

If you have a personal problem with me, feel free to PM me direct and we can discuss it. My post, by itself but especially compared to most others in this thread, certainly did not warrant a direct response from you or any other mod telling me to "lighten up".

Guest NYCrulesU

Really?

Just a friendly suggestion to help you have a better experience here.

But, seriously. Lighten up. Feel free to disagree, but don't be insulting to other members.

My post was nowhere near insulting, to anyone. But you are entitled to your opinion, as is anyone.

Thanks.

This is because states do have the right to regulate "bearing of arms". Carrying a firearm in public is a privilege and not a right. I am saying that we will lose this privilege if there are more irresponsible CCW's out there doing dumb things in public places.

This would be a good time to list all those things you DO consider to be "Rights" that have been shown to be totally outside the scope of government regulation. I'll think you'll find yourself conceding that just because something is viewed as a Right hasn't kept it immune from what they call "reasonable regulation". (when you've got another minute to ponder things on your hands toss around why in states where there is no permit requirement at all it's often referred to as "Constitutional carry")

As to the overall gist of your postings I'll reiterate what I've said earlier; while you may very well consider yourself a pro-gun type and are sincerely concerned about things like safety and positive interaction with the public at large you are terribly naive in how the anti's operate. In court they've been getting their butt kicked. (Shall issue, Castle Doctrine, Heller, etc) Their best means of getting anywhere at this point is to wail mightily at anything that ever goes wrong and implore that actions be taken "for the greater good". This only works to the extent they want if gun owners get all self concious and WILLINGLY surrender ground. Don't be one of those guys.

As an aside I see no harm in doing a better job of educating those that are already in a class environment and paying for their time. (Actually it's that it varies so much. I thought the guy in my carry class did a pretty good job but I've heard stories about other places...not so much)

My point was to state what may have prevented the Florida church shooting. The bottom line is that if CCW holders were to have better training and possibly safer firearms that these tragedies can be reduced.

Every problem doesn't require a solution. Things happen and there isn't much that can prevent stupidity, and we shouldn't look to regulate at the expense of responsible folks because an occassional "Bubba" accidentally shoots an innocent. When we aim to regulate stupidity we remove personal responsibility and go down the road of "the government knows what's best for you".

Florida permit holders have to go through a class too. Who is to be the authority on how much training is appropriate?

Let's just say that an additional day/week/month of pistol safety training would have prevented this from happening; let's just say. So what? Think about that please. If we created a national speed limit of 35 mph on all roads/highways/interstate we could save tens of thousands of lives per year considering that not all crashes are speed related, but most fatalities are.... tens of thousands of lives. Why not beat your chest about that?

Edited by TMF 18B
Guest RevScottie

"A magazine disconnect is not the answer and as I have stated I carry a revolver. I just wanted to show that if the shooter had one on his firearm then that particular accident would not have occurred."

Depending on the shooters knowledge of the weapon yes it still could have happened and with an inexperienced shooter it might be even more likely, here's the scenario:

Gun is loaded with one in the chamber, gun owner releases the mag, removes all shells from the magazine, pulls the trigger to show the gun is "safe" then re-installs the magazine without clearing the chamber and hands it to his buddy. Next pull of the trigger the gun goes boom. I have seen this happen at the range with a Ruger Mark III pistol.

"A magazine disconnect is not the answer and as I have stated I carry a revolver. I just wanted to show that if the shooter had one on his firearm then that particular accident would not have occurred."

Depending on the shooters knowledge of the weapon yes it still could have happened and with an inexperienced shooter it might be even more likely, here's the scenario:

Gun is loaded with one in the chamber, gun owner releases the mag, removes all shells from the magazine, pulls the trigger to show the gun is "safe" then re-installs the magazine without clearing the chamber and hands it to his buddy. Next pull of the trigger the gun goes boom. I have seen this happen at the range with a Ruger Mark III pistol.

Yep. You can't fix stupid. With that said, Libtards are always gonna try.

Guest NYCrulesU

I ain't from Jersey :pleased: . There's some southern charm in my insults :rofl:

This is true lol

I just get directly to the point ;)

Between my tattoos, piercings, blue spiked mohawk and my ever so "graceful" personality...what's not to love? Lmao!

I'm only sweet and polite to little old ladies and babies. Everyone else is fair game.

Even safeties can fail. In the above case one must have removed the loaded chamber indicator or ignored it.Hopefully the gun was pointed in a safe direction