Got my Versa Carry in mail today

It looks like an interesting idea; however, my biggest gripe with it is that I believe an integral function of a holster is to cover the trigger. I now there are other holsters out there that do not cover the trigger, but I think that could be a grave mistake to try to conceal a gun with the trigger exposed. I am by no means a safety paranoid type person, and I believe that guns don't just go off with out depressing the trigger. On the other hand, I also know there are more ways to pull a trigger than just with your finger.

• Like 1
Guest Aces&8s

The fact that the developer felt the need to make a video showing that the gun would not blow up should the device remain attached when the weapon is drawn and fired leads me to believe that it must be a common occurrence. Or at least common enough to worry about, which is one more thing I do not want to have to worry about if I am in a self-defense situation. Think I will stick with my holster, but I hope you will keep us posted on how the device works for you.

Guest A10thunderbolt

It looks like an interesting idea; however, my biggest gripe with it is that I believe an integral function of a holster is to cover the trigger. I now there are other holsters out there that do not cover the trigger, but I think that could be a grave mistake to try to conceal a gun with the trigger exposed. I am by no means a safety paranoid type person, and I believe that guns don't just go off with out depressing the trigger. On the other hand, I also know there are more ways to pull a trigger than just with your finger.

Good Point, what if a piece of string loops around the trigger it when you shove it in your waist band?

Not to mention that the manufacturer advises carrying with an empty chamber. That alone is enough to make me avoid it like the plague.

This is a really, really, bad idea and just looks like another attempt to reinvent the wheel.

Edited by DaddyO

Good point regarding covering the trigger. And since my normal EDC is a Glock, this wouldn't work for it.

But...with a small single action, like a P238, or even a double action like a Makarov...it might work out pretty well.

It's an option.

fwiw...I frequently carry my J Frame Smith with only Barami hip grips without worry.

I've carried IWB with and without a holster and used a string holster a few times as well, always with either a revolver or pistol w/an external safety. A good, well made holster is far more comfortable over an extended time frame as it offers a bit of padding between your body and the handgun. I like the ideal behind the Versa Carry and with the right pistol it could be a good option but I'm uncertain beyond that point. Time will tell on how sucessful this product is which is as it should be.

The lack of trigger cover and the fact you are sticking an object up your barrel just doesn't give me warm fuzzies.

This. I don't carry without something over the trigger. For carry, a good holster is an integral part of the package. Anything else is just being stupid.

• Like 1