who here is a good shot?

my shooting buddy and I went to the range this weekend and while i was over at the pistol range, he was at the rifle range and he told me about another guy that was there that made an outrageous claim and honestly i dont believe that he can do it, much less that it can even be done by anyone.

he claims that he can group 5 shots into the size of a dime at 2,000 yards. according to my measurements, a dime is 5/8" but i'll give him the size of a quarter (1") for easy math. 1" groups at 2,000 yards is approx. 0.05 MOA, if my math is right.

to be able to even see that far you are going to need at least a 100x power scope to be able to see clearly out that far. i dont think there is a gun or cartridge that can make that shot besides a .50BMG or a .408Chey-Tac. 2,000 yards is over 1 mile, not many people can make a shot like that.

he also claims he can hit a fly at 1,000 yards. also says that if you are good enough you dont need to factor in the wind when shooting 1,000 yards except for the first 35-40 yards as after that the bullet is not affected by it.

also note that i have never seen him actually shoot, he just sits there and BS's with the other guys there.

the best i can find that some one has shot that is documented is 0.1+ MOA and that is only at 1,000 yards.

anyone else think this is impossible

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would LOVE to see him do this, actually I would love to make a bet on his ability. I bet he was a Delta, Seal, Ranger, Force Recon, PJ, sniper!

actually he used to work for Barrett Rifles and got fired when they lost their military contract.

even if he was half as good as he says he is, it would be documented and nothing that good is documented

Guest darkstar

Full of crap.... according to 11th ed. of Cartridges Of The World "The 1,000 yard 50 caliber record, as of this writing (2006) is a five shot group of just under three inches on center"....plus where the hell can you shoot 2,000 yards anywhere these days unless you own a lot of land

Physically impossible.

this is what i thought. even at 1,000 yards that is pushing it because i thought i read somewhere that someone achieved 0.15...MOA at 1,000 yards but i guess not.

i always thought that 1 MOA is doing pretty good thats a freakin' 20" circle at 2,000 yards, hell of a difference from 5/8" to 20"

I find it totally believable.

If people get sub-MOA out of their AKs,

If people shoot 800 yards with 2" groups first time out

If people out shoot the capability of their own rifles

If people can draw and fire 3 aimed shots in under 1.5secs

then this is equally believable.

A friend of mine once called BS on someone who claimed to shoot a deer at like 500 yards with a .270 off hand. He pretty convincingly demonstrated it couldnt be done.