I sent NRA some hate email today

NRA

I just received a letter from NRA today and it said that I have to return the DVD they sent me a couple weeks ago or pay for it. It is the DVD of some type of defense tactics. I wrote them and told them I did not ask for this DVD. I also told them this type of spam is not appreciated. Did anyone else get this DVD and did I miss the fine print somewhere or is this just a bit shady?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i got it too, sent it back the next day. didnt even watch it either. I dont really appreciate that as well, send it back or pay for it. Not a very good concept. I understand they do so much for the protection of our second ammendment, but that could definately be left out as far as im concered. I kinda felt like i was being put on the spot.

Edited by reed1285

I got it yesterday. it came with a envelope to send it back and a cancellation paper if you dont want it. I put it in last night and stared snoring after just a few minutes. I may try to watch it tomorrow.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Guest Lester Weevils

I got one a couple years ago and threw it in the trash. Then threw the subsequent bills in the trash. The only NRA mail I respond to is the yearly dues bill.

You can opt out of all that spam mailings from the NRA.

Yep. A quick call to Member Services will get you off the mailing list.

I do agree the the tactic with the DVD is pretty bad. They sent me the same DVD last year, along with the notice that I had to return in or pay for it. I never watched it, and didn't return it, or pay for it. I never heard anything from them about it again.

Got the same a year ago. If you read the fine print, you're under no obligation to pay for it OR send it back.

Same info was on the bills too, but not prominent.

- OS

interesting I will have to read the fine print, as soon as I find my glasses

Went through basically the same thing with the North American Hunting Club. After going to the expense of becoming a life member, I discovered that the only difference with being a life member is that basically you get screwed in perpetuity instead of just a year at a time. I no longer receive anything from them except the occasional plea to be come a "Trophy" Life Member. (Which is great if you're wealthy and bored because you get all the benefits you were supposed to get as a regular life member, only you now have the privilege of paying MORE for them.)

If they ever send me anything else, I will happily dig out my magnifying glass... even if it's only to focus the sun enough to set it on fire. :grouchy:

Good luck to you!

Edited by Timestepper

Yep. A quick call to Member Services will get you off the mailing list.

I do agree the the tactic with the DVD is pretty bad. They sent me the same DVD last year, along with the notice that I had to return in or pay for it. I never watched it, and didn't return it, or pay for it. I never heard anything from them about it again.

Same here.