rude emails

joe.40

Guest Shelby

Here is an outrageous reply I got from this madman today, August 13, 2012. It would seem like the site managers could do something about these sociopath cowards who hide behind the anonymity of their Gmail account. He is going by the name "Mike Hunt" but that is likely a phony name. This deranged person has been harassing Tennessee sellers for months.

Here is his exact text:

" You need to sell that piece of junk to a member of your family there Baptist. The would be the only ones STUPID enough to even consider that price! You are a typical ET Baptist Bastard Thief and Illegal gun dealer. Compliant filed with BATF for illegal gun dealing."

This message sent from replyrequested@armslist.com on behalf of 115fmj@gmail.com. Copyright Armslist LLC 2011.

And here is a second email I got on the same advertiser site:

"No I will just submit a written complaint to the BATF for illegal gun dealing and price gouging with the TBI and the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance at the State Attorney General's Office in Nashville and let you explain it to them. I don't like Baptist Bastard thieves and illegal gun dealers."

If anyone can get in touch with Armslist site managers (they have removed their contact-us link) it would be very helpful to the Tennessee sellers.

Edited by Shelby
Guest johnnyboy

I have tried Shelby they will not do anything. He will get to the point with his many email accounts to flag your listing over and over so the automated system will take off your listing as spam. There is no way to contact armslist anymore. Sorry the guy is a real ####. Just a little girl who hides behind his computer just to scared to show himself.

Guest rebeldrummer

hey guys....i have had SEVERAL run in's with this guy as well, It started about a month and a half ago. He even somehow got my number and called me!!! (he obviously blocked his number!) anyways, this guy is crazy. He knew my number, my name and he even knew my different forum names! and that I was married and that I had two baby girls....probably tracked me through facebook or something....now set to private! I worry that he knows my address and is crazy enough to try something stupid....and if he does, well lets say that I will do what I have to do.

He needs to be shut down!

If he has called you there is a record of the call. And wih the "alarming" emails you can contact LE and file a harrassment complaint. They can pull the records and find the guy. Also, you can swear to a warrant yourself and force their hand if LE doesn't want to get involved. You do not need a name to do so. That is how they get arrest warrants for crimes they have no witnesses to.

Dolomite

• Admin Team

There is a reason the moderating team here is so strict about keeping things above board. It's so we don't have to deal with becoming an Armslist/###/whatever.

I know that plenty of people have had fine dealings on those sites. Plenty of people have also been screwed.

There's some benefit to dealing with people in your local community.

If he has called you there is a record of the call. And wih the "alarming" emails you can contact LE and file a harrassment complaint. They can pull the records and find the guy. Also, you can swear to a warrant yourself and force their hand if LE doesn't want to get involved. You do not need a name to do so. That is how they get arrest warrants for crimes they have no witnesses to.

Dolomite

Actually, right now would be the time to do it, right? With all the hype surrounding the recent shootings, I'd say that someone who is trolling gun sale boards and sending lunatic emails would be worthy of looking into for law enforcement.

Actually, right now would be the time to do it, right? With all the hype surrounding the recent shootings, I'd say that someone who is trolling gun sale boards and sending lunatic emails would be worthy of looking into for law enforcement.

I would agree. Based on what has been said about this guys actions he only seems to be escalating and if so, where will he stop? The sooner it's dealt with the better for all.
Guest rebeldrummer

dont sweat this guy....if you want some detailed information about the resolution to this than please feel free to email me. i cannot discuss it in an open forum where information is easily read, especially by this nut job!

Johnnyboy and Shelby can attest to what I am talking about as we have been in private communications about this matter.

Is he related to Roy D. Mercer?

[media=]

[/media]

Dunno the real story. I do recall the first time I ever heard them though. A buddy at miss state had some old 3rd or 4th generation copies and we'd sit around drinking and laughing our asses off no matter how many times we listened to them.

http://www.drwebman.com/leroymercer/

beware of the crappy website design. :)

Edited by sigmtnman

He beats Roy any day!

Leroy Mercer was John Bean from Knoxville. A true underground classic. His tapes floated all over town for years before a CD was put out after his death. It's good stuff.

If you'd like to know more here's an article from 2000....http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2000/jan/02/prank-calls-spread-around-world-now-cd/

Edited by Garufa

hey guys....i have had SEVERAL run in's with this guy as well, It started about a month and a half ago. He even somehow got my number and called me!!! (he obviously blocked his number!) anyways, this guy is crazy. He knew my number, my name and he even knew my different forum names! and that I was married and that I had two baby girls....probably tracked me through facebook or something....now set to private! I worry that he knows my address and is crazy enough to try something stupid....and if he does, well lets say that I will do what I have to do.

He needs to be shut down!

He's been using the alias "Mike Hunt" and the email 115fmj@gmail.com when emailing me.

This guy emailed me a couple days ago. Saying all the same garbage he said to others. I responded by telling him to go (you know what) himself. He then sent another email and I responded by just telling him he was an idiot. He sent another email today, but I just ignored it. That seems to be the best remedy for this. I removed my phone number from Armslist as soon as I got the first email from him, so he couldn't call me or get any personal information.

If this guy called you and talked about your kids, etc I would definitely be contacting law enforcement. That duck wouldn't hunt with me. I am fine with someone talking a little trash because I can just ignore it, but when they even begin to mention my family I will be on them like stink on sh*t.

Edited by Seabeejason
  • Like 1

Hey folks im new to the site and found this thread. I have been harrassed by this guy for some time now. It started when i would sell him a revolver i had listed on armslist because he was a jerk in his first reply. I didnt feel comfortable going to meet him. Glad i did'nt. I would'nt be surprized if he is posing on this thread just for kicks he's an A@@. I have tried to block him but he keeps getting past my blocks some how. I have tried to ignore him but it does no good. I have saved some of the emails just in case. I saw on here that his name is tom whooten or something how accurate is that?

Guest rebeldrummer

there is a reason i have been careful not too much too many details on here!

he knows good and well about this forum. He has made mention to TGO in emails to myself and others that I know.

Ok. has he done anything to any one other than contacting them. How is he getting phone numbers that arent in the adds? What makes this guy someone to worry about? He emailed me a few times. I told him that i i knew his name and nick names Names i found in this thread. He hasnt emailed me back if he does i will ignore him. But should i be worried about this guy and what can he or has he done to anyone else? email me if you have to please.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest MilitiaMan

I had similar run ins with this ass monkey last year sometime. Same thing, over a Glock I listed for sale. He called my cell and made all kinds of threats. I invited him to come meet me and of course he wouldn't. He's nothing more than a keyboard cowboy.

One thing he did try with me that I didn't see mentioned here by anyone else, he claimed to be a TN State Trooper. And he did say he was rom Sevierville. Other than that the guy is just an annoyance. He gets froggy and shows up at anyones house? Do what you need to do. End of story.