Don't think this is how the "stand your ground law" works

Guest peacexxl

Too late for many people, even a few here.

Hmmm... that goes both ways. Some here think that when a permit holder shoots an unarmed person there should be the benefit of the doubt instead of a thorough investigation.

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

Evidently there isn't enough evidence to convict him. You want some manufactured evidence?

That would really look good to the blind lady, wouldn't it? It has nothing to do with being there.

They have their own courts and grand jury. This assumption of guilt is the problem. Mob rules,

I guess.

Guest 6.8 AR

Hmmm... that goes both ways. Some here think that when a permit holder shoots an unarmed person there should be the benefit of the doubt instead of a thorough investigation.

What makes you think there wasn't an investigation? Or isn't an ongoing one? And, yes, there had better be

the presumption of innocence. If there isn't, we're all in trouble. That brings on a lot of darker and more evil

things our government could do. Is that what you want?

What makes you think there wasn't an investigation? Or isn't an ongoing one? And, yes, there had better be

the presumption of innocence. If there isn't, we're all in trouble. That brings on a lot of darker and more evil

things our government could do. Is that what you want?

I absolutely do think there was an investigation going on. I've said that from the beginning. Some here think that this should be let go because it's turned into a circus. If a grand jury won't indict him then fine. But to be opposed to them looking at this case shows a bias just as bad as MSNBC or Jesse Jackson.

• Like 2
Guest 6.8 AR

I absolutely do think there was an investigation going on. I've said that from the beginning. Some here think that this should be let go because it's turned into a circus. If a grand jury won't indict him then fine. But to be opposed to them looking at this case shows a bias just as bad as MSNBC or Jesse Jackson.

Well it has been turned into a circus, and that makes it even harder for justice to prevail. Remember, this

took place a month ago. How much investigation does there need to be if the DA has what he considers to

be the facts? I'll have to trust what the local police, DA an a grand jury, if it made it that far, did. Like Mike

said. Mob lynching. That's really justice. Way too much media exposure and too many ways to misinterpret

the information.

It also seems that as it drags out, there seems to be more coming out in favor of Zimmerman, albeit in different

media outlets. This is racially driven now, and that implies to me a political agenda. Otherwise know as a circus.

No justice at all. And I'm really laughing at the double standard our Eric Holder is standing behind.

Guest 6.8 AR

From what I understand, the Crutcher woman changed her story from the audio to when she was

interviewed by a reporter. But that is quite good for CNN.

All this talk about "you don't know because you weren't there" and somehow you know all the evidence in the case to make the determination that there isn't enough evidence?

Read back thru my posts. I have been consistent throughout in my position that you cannot simply arrest someone and put them on trial without having something to charge them with. I even asked you specifically what YOU would charge Zimmerman with if you were the arresting officer. I even went to far as to post the FSS chapter numbers that address crimes. I still have not had anyone, including you, respond with a specific charge. All we keep getting is posts asking for grand juries and that Zimmerman will be charged, etc, etc, etc.

As far as the Federal investigation into the case. The Feds didn't do much for Martin Lee Anderson and the events that led to his death were on video. By the way, for those interested in trivia- the attorney for Trayvon's family also represented Martin Lee Anderson's family. There is an article in the Kansas City news from a few days ago where he talked about them not getting the media involved soon enough in the Anderson case so thats why they did in this case. Get people worked up and emotional and it will help your civil case......

You can Google Martin Lee Anderson if your not familiar with the case......

• Like 1

We can't put everyone on trial. Prosecutors have limited time and budget so they must weed thru the tons of cases they receive and decide which ones to pursue.

I'm certainly not asking for a jury to hear testimony and decide on Zimmerman's fate. The evidence is just not strong enough.

Let's don't let emotion take over common sense.

Nonsense, Sanford, FL averages 3 or 4 homicides a year. They aren’t too busy with other things to deal with the homicide of an innocent citizen walking down the street.

I’m not letting emotion over take common sense. I’m a former Police Officer. While I’m not an expert on Florida law and what Florida juries will do, as you claim to be, I know you can’t create a dangerous situation and then claim self-defense.

If the evidence doesn’t support charges why did the Stanford Police ask the States Attorney’s Office to seek an arrest warrant for Zimmerman?

http://www.miamihera...-to-charge.html

SANFORD -- Despite public claims that there wasn’t enough probable cause to make a criminal case in the Trayvon Martin killing, early in the investigation the Sanford Police Department requested an arrest warrant from the Seminole County State Attorney’s office, the special prosecutor in the case told The Miami Herald on Tuesday.

A Sanford Police incident report shows the case was categorized as “homicide/negligent manslaughter.â€

The state attorney’s office held off pending further review, The Miami Herald has learned.

Read more here: http://www.miamihera...l#storylink=cpy

[/color]

Read back thru my posts. I have been consistent throughout in my position that you cannot simply arrest someone and put them on trial without having something to charge them with.

Really?

I even asked you specifically what YOU would charge Zimmerman with if you were the arresting officer. I even went to far as to post the FSS chapter numbers that address crimes. I still have not had anyone, including you, respond with a specific charge.

Involuntary manslaughter. His reckless acts led to the death of an innocent person. Thankfully I don’t have to try the case here; that’s what juries are for.

However, if I was the investigating Officer I couldn’t charge him with anything, I would leave that to the States Attorney.

However, if I was the investigating Officer I couldn’t charge him with anything, I would leave that to the States Attorney.

Exactly. Just because the officer on scene didn't make an arrest means nothing.

• Like 1
Guest RevScottie

Could this story actually support Zimmerman's claim?

Martin's girlfriend:

Benjamin Crump, the Martin family lawyer, says Martin's girlfriend's account of what happened connects the dots and destroys Zimmerman's claims of self-defense.

The girl, who did not want to be identified, said she was on the phone with the teen before the shooting.

When Zimmerman got closer to Martin, she told her boyfriend to run, but Martin told her that he was not going to run, she said.

"What are you stopping me for?" Martin asked Zimmerman, according to the girl.

"What are you doing around here?" Zimmerman asked in response.

The girl said she then got the impression that an altercation was taking place and that someone had pushed Martin, because the headset fell out of his ear, and the phone shut off.

911 tapes say that Zimmerman lost sight of Martin when he ran. Could it be that Martin decided to quit running and came back to challenge Zimmerman? Could it be that Martin's headset came out of his ear after he punched Zimmerman to the ground? Remember we have no recording of the girfriends call. Why didnt Martin just run away?

Could it have happened this way? We don't know.

This is the type scenario that investigators must consider and why they may not have enough evidence to prosecute this case.

If the evidence doesn’t support charges why did the Stanford Police ask the States Attorney’s Office to seek an arrest warrant for Zimmerman?

http://www.miamihera...-to-charge.html

This is new to me. Most of the real evidence was already in when the DA kicked it back.

I know you have a lot of experience in law enforcement in a liberal, gun hating state. This thing may shake out differently in Florida. No doubt, Zimmerman would be headed for prison in Illinois.

And, if Obama and Holder go into Florida with guns blazing, I think they can expect it to have an impact in the election. They need to realize that it ain't illinois.

Obummer should realize that he has too much at risk to get directly involved in this.