I know "Sons of Guns" is Dumb Entertainment...

During the 1968 Detroit riots, one suburban police chief put a .50 M2 machinegun sandbagged on the roof of the cop-shop. That town had NO problems. Also, you might remember the 1992 LA riots when Korean shop-keepers stood in their doors and on the roofs displaying their rifles and shotguns. Deterrence works pretty well.

I also agree with the disapproval of militarization of police forces. "To serve and protect" seems to have become "To force and intimidate". When I was young, a local policeman corrected me when I referred to him as 'law enforcement'. He told me he was a 'peace officer', and that his job was to keep the peace, and protect people from danger. He said that a 'law enforcement officer' just has to act like a robot, enforcing laws without regard to whether he is actually helping or hurting people. A 'Peace Officer' was responsible for using his head to determine what was really the best way to handle things. Sometimes that meant looking the other way over unintentional stupidity, or taking someone to see their father instead a judge.

I miss the days when men were proud to call themselves "Peace Officers".

Guest cardcutter

"". When I was young, a local policeman corrected me when I referred to him as 'law enforcement'. He told me he was a 'peace officer', and that his job was to keep the peace, and protect people from danger. He said that a 'law enforcement officer' just has to act like a robot, enforcing laws without regard to whether he is actually helping or hurting people. A 'Peace Officer' was responsible for using his head to determine what was really the best way to handle things. Sometimes that meant looking the other way over unintentional stupidity, or taking someone to see their father instead a judge."

If only more of them felt this way! Unfortunately they are few and far between today.

"". When I was young, a local policeman corrected me when I referred to him as 'law enforcement'. He told me he was a 'peace officer', and that his job was to keep the peace, and protect people from danger. He said that a 'law enforcement officer' just has to act like a robot, enforcing laws without regard to whether he is actually helping or hurting people. A 'Peace Officer' was responsible for using his head to determine what was really the best way to handle things. Sometimes that meant looking the other way over unintentional stupidity, or taking someone to see their father instead a judge."

If only more of them felt this way! Unfortunately they are few and far between today.

This by far might be the wisest thing I have heard an officer say....Ever. I will be stealing this!

that show is every bit as entertaining as Jersey Shore. And quite a bit better than a lot of what is out there.

Of all the words I could think of to describe Jersey Shore, "entertaining" is definitely not one of them.

Watched part of Sons of Guns once, when presenting a custom revolver to a customer, his finger was on the trigger before he even had a full grip on the gun.

Edited by bubbiesdad
Guest HankRearden

I liked the BAR build they did for Jesse James. All that milling for a custom stock set and mounting a sight yet instead of re-barreling to .308 they used a cheap chamber insert that could pop out any time and blow the gun up.

Of course I didn't understand the whole thing of converting it to .308 to begin with "because its cheaper to shoot" anyway. If someone can afford 20-30k for a BAR then they can certainly afford to feed it plenty of .30-06