Dog shot dead by Austin police officer

Guest AmericanWorkMule

I have to think that this same guy is pested by dogs regularly. Its one of those things that delivery people, cops, salesmen, and so on just get used to. I have to think that he does not shoot the vast majority of them as he does his job. So I have to wonder if there was more to the story, if the dog did or seemed to be worse than usual, or if the guy just had a bad day or made a bad decision. /shrug not really defending the guy, but something is not quite right the way this story was told.

What the police officer did was wrong and he should be disciplined/fired accordingly.

On a separate note, Paxton (the dog's owner) is suspected of being involved in TWO hit-and-run accidents that have left the victims severely injured. A lot of circumstanial evidence but it all pointed to Paxton. If this is true, I feel sorry for Cisco and not the owner.

Guest adurbin

How many tears have been shed over useless wastes of oxygen being shot while committing a crime, but noting is said when the most loyal creature on earth is put down for doing nothing wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by adurbin

What the police officer did was wrong and he should be disciplined/fired accordingly.

On a separate note, Paxton (the dog's owner) is suspected of being involved in TWO hit-and-run accidents that have left the victims severely injured. A lot of circumstanial evidence but it all pointed to Paxton. If this is true, I feel sorry for Cisco and not the owner.

Paxton's history has nothing to do with this.

The officer did several things wrong to get him to the point he shot the dog. Then afterwards lied to his supervisor to help his side of the story, not the truth.

Dolomite

...and I need to let this go before I type something I will seriously regret but I will say this. Where ever my dog gets shot, there too will I make my final stand. I have no problem leaving here and being off to the next life over something like my friend.

Right there with ya man.

Wow! the Post Office only gives us a can of aerosol pepper spray approved by the Humane Society. It works pretty well as my son who shot himself in the face with it will attest. Might be worth a try for the Austin PD folks.

I have to think that this same guy is pested by dogs regularly. Its one of those things that delivery people, cops, salesmen, and so on just get used to. I have to think that he does not shoot the vast majority of them as he does his job. So I have to wonder if there was more to the story, if the dog did or seemed to be worse than usual, or if the guy just had a bad day or made a bad decision. /shrug not really defending the guy, but something is not quite right the way this story was told.

+1

I used to do a job that involved constant contact with dogs and their owners. Most are rational, responsible people, but some are complete idiots. They assume that their pets can do no wrong and can't have a vicious bone in them. But the sweetest lab can turn into Cujo when he thinks you don't belong there. I've been on the receiving end of it probably hundreds of times. The owner may not see that side of the dog, but the owner feeds the damn thing. That's fine if you are an intruder, but it's a problem if you're a FedEx guy or a meter reader. When I would kick a dog that had attacked me, a few owners would run outside cross-eyed and demand to know why I had provoked their pets. When I tried to explain that I didn't provoke the animal, I was the bad guy. A couple of these encounters would have ended with a shot dog had I had a gun at the time, all because the owners had failed to control their animals.

I'm not defending the cop in the video, but honestly, we can't see what happened or what he faced. I hear a dog bark two or three times and the cop says something like "Get your dog." I faced this situation many times and it sometimes ended with a swift kick to a dog's rib cage. Could he have simply kicked the dog or used pepper spray? Possibly, but cops face unknown situations that non-cops don't face, much less understand.

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 1
Guest mcgyver210

First I don't care if you are an officer or not if you hurt my family you will pay.

Second any thread that goes against a LEOs actions is somehow always turned into a CopBashing Thread.

Third I don't care what excuse is used if a Good Leo covers up for a Bad Leo they are both bad. Two Wrongs Never Makes a Right.

Fourth There are more LEOs being caught on the wrong side of the thin Blue line now thanks to the same technology they have been using to protect them. This doesn't mean there are more or less Bad LEOs than before technology caught them red handed. Used to if it was a citizens word against a LEO we all know how it went & still goes.

Fifth This LEO was wrong on so many levels & is a disgrace to a noble profession with many good people that don't deserve to be associated with him.

Sixth The reason IMO we see more dogs being Murdered is because there is no consequences for this. I mean look not to long ago a Fed murdered a pet in a dog park where you know you will be around dogs.

Seventh I fear if this trend continues & the bad LEOs keep getting away with IMO murder they just might decide to take it up a notch since they know nothing happens for their actions

Edited by mcgyver210

First I don't care if you are an officer or not if you hurt my family you will pay.

Second any thread that goes against a LEOs actions is somehow always turned into a CopBashing Thread.

Third I don't care what excuse is used if a Good Leo covers up for a Bad Leo they are both bad. Two Wrongs Never Makes a Right.

Fourth There are more LEOs being caught on the wrong side of the thin Blue line now thanks to the same technology they have been using to protect them. This doesn't mean there are more or less Bad LEOs than before technology caight them red handed. Used to if it was a citizens word against a LEO we all know how it went & still goes.

Fifth This LEO was wrong on so many levels & is a disgrace to a noble profession with many good people that don't deserve to be associated with him.

Sixth The reason IMO we see more dogs being Murdered is because there is no consequences for this. I mean look not to long ago a Fed murdered a pet in a dog park where you know you will be around dogs.

Seventh I fear if this trend continues & te bad LEOs keep getting away with IMO murder they just might decide to take it up a notch since they know nothing happens for their actions

I agree 110%

I will hold back allot.

Due to the 9 minute lie, that could taint any testimony he gives in the future cases. Some defend lawyers could use that to state his memory of events does not always match actual events. (the door to door part).